It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani ties to Iran charged in assassination plot potentially targeting Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Pakistani national with ties to Iran charged in connection to a foiled assassination plot potentially targeting Trump

Sounds as if they had this guy under surveillance ....while Crooks,whose plot is not related, is independently planning to target Trump

www.cnn.com...

CNN

The Justice Department has charged a Pakistani man who has alleged ties to the Iranian government with seeking to carry out political assassinations, a case that prompted the US government to increase security for former President Donald Trump and other officials, according to an indictment unsealed Tuesday.

FBI investigators believe that Trump and other current and former US government officials were the intended targets of the plot, a US official briefed on the matter said.

Asif Merchant, 46, is accused of traveling to New York City and working with a hit man to carry out the assassinations in late August or early September, according to charges filed by federal prosecutors in Brooklyn, New York.

The FBI investigated the alleged international murder-for-hire plot in the weeks before a 20-year-old from Pennsylvania nearly assassinated the former president at one of his rallies. A law enforcement official told CNN that investigators have not found evidence that Merchant had any connection to the shooting in Butler, Pennsylvania.

The FBI believes it foiled Merchant’s plot before any attack, and in the weeks since his arrest he has cooperated with investigators, according to US officials. But the Iranian government’s known threats against Trump, prompted the FBI to pass on the intelligence to the US Secret Service, which increased security protection for the former president, officials have said.

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They're laying the seeds for the next attempt so they can blame it on Iran.

They've been itching for an Iran war forever.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

They're laying the seeds for the next attempt ....

"Attempt"???

I'm thinking that they will make sure not to miss next time.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Probably walked in through Mexico. Kamamala that Border Czar wasn't doing nothing for no reason.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yep our three letter agencies took this on themselves to save us from Trump. I would guess there was no other option since the streets are full of fed up voters who want justice served hot or cold on these backstabbing criminals, but served. I hope not at the end of a pike. Keep your cool folks we need to focus on doing things the right way despite the other side being scummy cheaters like in a Batman comic book.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yeah to have 2 independent attempts on Trump at the same time is kind of crazy in itself.

I'm thinking they needed this to try and get the egg off thier faces, not saying the guy wasn't a threat. They needed a look at what I can do moment?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Probably walked in through Mexico. Kamamala that Border Czar wasn't doing nothing for no reason.

It was an American. I am sure it was a setup and that is a serious inside job

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

He arrived in Texas directly from Pakistan.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't believe anything from the DOJ, FBI, CNN, any of this 'State' (globalist neocon) propaganda network.

To me they are setting up reasons to go to war with Iran.

Like they are trying to protect Trump, that's sadly laughable...

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Don't you wish you could trust anyone in this chain of information?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You guys are all just 'far-right' extremists.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Yeah to have 2 independent attempts on Trump at the same time is kind of crazy in itself.

I'm thinking they needed this to try and get the egg off thier faces, not saying the guy wasn't a threat. They needed a look at what I can do moment?

Sure seems like it. Speaks more like a ‘give us credit, we did stop ONE of them’. Sheesh get off our backs!

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   
And you don't question why such detailed info would be made public?

Gotta get that spin-machine goin there don't ya know. Wag the dog and all that.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Don't you wish you could trust anyone in this chain of information?

Yes, I do wish for that, mostly when their leaders or spokesperson talk I don't believe them, LOL, and I haven't in a long time

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
You guys are all just 'far-right' extremists.

Wow FB, that is a mighty big blanket to throw on everybody from across the pond.

WTH Im just discussing the news...

that kind of everybody this, everybody that is bullchit in itself, and lot of people here do that.

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Sorry mate....its a reference to our glorious leader over here.
I thought you and others would have got it.

No insult intended at all, I assure you.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Sorry mate....its a reference to our glorious leader over here.
I thought you and others would have got it.

No insult intended at all, I assure you.

Ha Im getting sensitive been called a Far-right Boomer on Discord too much

haven't had time to watch but a few clips, and it irritates me so much, Is that what Starmer is saying? I just caught where somebody at a pub came out and the rioters beat the hell out of him. Think it was Manchester, saw another guy that had to hide in ditch with a plastic barrier over them.

Some have dismissed it as normal summertime fun in UK...

thanks for the clarification

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm fine with that label.

We're up against communists, they can call me whatever they want as long as we stop them.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Historically, war time presidents are re-elected. I've been saying for over a year Biden would get us in a war so he could have a second term, but his bosses thought different. I'm guessing they think it will help propell the VP to the WH though.

The Democrts have no pltform to campaign on; not a single solution to the problems besetting our country is ever discussed.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
The ultimate cop out of 'I didn't do anything' is gettin'
older than Lloyd the bank guard's grip screws. IYKYK.

In the meantime the practice makes perfect of doing
nothing in the face of godless hordes funneled in from
whatever subequatorial dungeon to fire axe our countroid..
wow wwere'd the punctiation abdicate to now?

I say third time's the farm, Doc. Till Valhalla

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join