It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Mysterious Cave in The World

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I would have liked to go there in person before China went all stupid but alas at least we have a video of this amazing place.

Longyou Caves Mystery - For thousands of years, the Longyou Caves remained lost to time and history. No one even knew that such a cave existed. But all that changed one day when one curious local of the Shiyan Beicun village decided to put a popular legend to the test. #longyu #cave #mystery

youtu.be...

MOD NOTE

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

edit on Mon Aug 5 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I was just reading some stuff on the Longyou Caves...very interesting for sure

The Mystery of the Longyou Caves - LINK

The question on who, when, and why the Longyou Caves were created has been an ongoing investigation by archaeologists and academics since their first initial discovery

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I haven't heard of these caves before. My focus, and the focus of the group of people around here I belong to focus more on American continents creations of long ago and some other less publicized sites, some in India and in Bosnia. Occasionally there will be a speaker who has investigated these kinds of sites that gives some pictures and information they have found, but most of the Chinese sites are not accessible to them to go to. China does not want to give access to just any archeologists, they do not trust them for various reasons I guess. China has lots of records of sites, and American archeologists are opinionated and their beliefs in analyzing evidence do not always match their historical records...I feel the historical records are more possibly accurate....Variances could have occurred in time between records from changes in rulers and record keeping of time being off, but it seems that carbon dating does not work properly a lot of times in some locations either..

So, I guess it doesn't matter, science or record keeping could be off. Archeologists misinterpret evidence lots of times, and that can be because of added artifacts from long after the original creation.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I don't mean to be a wonder buzzkill here, but it was The Qin Dynasty ruling in 260 BC. Or the Xia Dynasty. They were hydrology masters. Between Qin Shi Huang and Yu The Great they did a lot of building.

And these are the dynasties that built a freaking tomb with rivers of mercury in the likeness of the Chinese watershed.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

The 8000 stone warriors too. This was during the dynasties during which all the crazy advanced flood control structures and elaborate tombs were built.

The steep stairs say they really were more utilitarian than ornately carved. The parallel lines seem to be tool marks. Perhapa they formed these caves like how ancient carved obelisks. Workers pounding out rows with stone tools working their grove for the day. Starting from the top and working down. Literally carving a out around pillars as they went. If I had to guess. Seems fastest way to carved the material.

Like with Egypt, we are myopic with our backwards view of our ancestors abilities. Always assumed they weren't intelligent enough to use mirrors to reflect light fully into the cave.

I love these caves, but these videos bug me because they always make false causal connections. Omit lines of logic entirely to parrot some Joe Rogan angle.

Like "no queried stones". Or never acknowledging the type of sedimentary rock they carved these out of.

I don't want to turn this into a geology thread, but it appears they carved these out of very easy to work with stone. Argillaceous siltstone. That turns to tiny pieces. Like carving a sandstone obelisk with a pounding rock.
edit on 6-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Back in the days of cavemen, they would find already made caves, some which went pretty deep, wide and lengthy.

Obviously the Longyou Cave system has had some excavation but maybe some of the space inside was already open... so not as much stone as reported in the video was excavated ??

Does look pretty impresive though.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm curious if the is more information about the carvings (pictures) in the caves?

Do they not tell stories?

From what few I saw in this video, it just seems like you could figure out something, from what the people carved?

Cool video though! I hadn't heard about these caves.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There are many mysteries across the globe, this is another fascinating one. How were they made. Who made them? What were they for? Where did the spoil go? Many questions and, as yet, few answers.

new topics

top topics

join