It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Marvel fans and Movie Critics in an abusive relationship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Are Marvel fans being gaslit by Movie Critics?

Any Critic who thinks Deadpool & Wolverine wasn't 'Woke' enough or is 'toxic' should really resign. They don't know what most fans want and they don't understand entertainment. They're not a good Movie Critic if they don't understand that.

And the fans are being put down for liking what they like. The fans are being shamed for not rejecting what they enjoy.

Are the fans in an abusive relationship with the Movie Critics?

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i only ever put stock in one single critic. He is the best critic there is.

Me.

Why would I care about how another person perceived something as highly subjective as art?

I like it, or I don’t. No need for a middle man.

a reply to: GotterDameron23

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   

The job of a movie critic - or any other critic - is to write an entertaining review. They are there for their readers, not the film's fans.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Most "critics", movie or gaming, are about the same as a "modern journalist".

Nothing but an agenda driven activist pushing propaganda and lies for a 'modern' audience.

Most are unhinged nutjobs when confronted about their blatant biases.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I saw it in 3D on Saturday. It occurred to me as I was laughing hysterically at the bloody, gratuitous violence that this is what’s wrong with the world today.

But I enjoyed it nonetheless! 😂 I tend not to read reviews from “official” critics. Their opinions don’t mean much to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GotterDameron23

And the fans are being put down for liking what they like. The fans are being shamed for not rejecting what they enjoy.

Here's a thought! Write your own critical reviews of the films you see, stream your views on youtube and perhaps reach millions of people, get monetized and retire.

Also if you are disappointed in the current state of the entertainment industry like I am...Make your own films and bypass Marvel altogether...

We use this for productions.

www.finaldraft.com...

and this

www.celtx.com...

Join us!!

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

Here's a thought! Write your own critical reviews of the films you see, stream your views on youtube and perhaps reach millions of people, get monetized and retire.

Also if you are disappointed in the current state of the entertainment industry like I am...Make your own films and bypass Marvel altogether...

www.finaldraft.com...

and this

www.celtx.com...

Join us!!

thats a cool idea is there anywhere we can watch your final productions, have a nephew Im going to send these links to, he loves this stuff and probably has legit talent

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You seem to not understand two simple facts. movie goers literally "go" to see movies that meet their desires of one kind or another.

Critics that get into print, or on the air, or on the internet usually are being PAID in some fashion to push a product and may receive other rewards from the filmmakers, theaters, and even the public. Remember those two guys from way back when, What's his name and Ebert?

edit on 5-8-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: lilzazz

www.finaldraft.com...

and this

www.celtx.com...

Join us!!

thats a cool idea is there anywhere we can watch your final productions, have a nephew Im going to send these links to, he loves this stuff and probably has legit talent

I have been associate producer on many projects. This was my first reality TV show I worked on and had a small piece of...we got sued. A terrible experience, but learned the ropes of a cut throat biz; Not to trust anyone without a contract. Before this show, I had done nothing but crew on public access TV projects and background extra/driver on features. Then came Breaking Bad and my life changed.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-8-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join