It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I stumbled across this on X just an interesting data point

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So I stumbled across this on X, an amazing coincidence since there were reportedly problems with the radio communications.

*****Still trying to verify if they were up to date and active in Butler*****

Yes I know this is how big Corporations get big government contracts, it's still a helluva coincidence

x.com...

www.firstnet.gov...

www.washingtonpost.com...

Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Saturday that the agency was declining to comment on The Washington Post’s questions about which radio communications Trump’s security detail received at the Butler, Pa., rally. He repeated that the agency is examining everything about the incident, including whether there might have been a communication breakdown among its staff or other law enforcement, to determine precisely what happened.

“As it relates to communications at the rally, the Secret Service is committed to better understanding what happened before, during, and after the assassination attempt of former President Trump to ensure that never happens again,” Guglielmi said in a statement. “That includes complete cooperation with Congress, the FBI and other relevant investigations.”

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

“As it relates to communications at the rally, the Secret Service is committed to better understanding what happened before, during, and after the assassination attempt of former President Trump to ensure that never happens again,”

you mean to ensure they never miss again ?

I kid I kid.

It's so obvious Trump was supposed to die that day . Day after day more ridiculous failures come up , I suppose we just chalk it up to incompetence.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
So I stumbled across this on X, an amazing coincidence since there were reportedly problems with the radio communications.

*****Still trying to verify if they were up to date and active in Butler*****

Yes I know this is how big Corporations get big government contracts, it's still a helluva coincidence

x.com...

www.firstnet.gov...

www.washingtonpost.com...

Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Saturday that the agency was declining to comment on The Washington Post’s questions about which radio communications Trump’s security detail received at the Butler, Pa., rally. He repeated that the agency is examining everything about the incident, including whether there might have been a communication breakdown among its staff or other law enforcement, to determine precisely what happened.

“As it relates to communications at the rally, the Secret Service is committed to better understanding what happened before, during, and after the assassination attempt of former President Trump to ensure that never happens again,” Guglielmi said in a statement. “That includes complete cooperation with Congress, the FBI and other relevant investigations.”

the more I hear, the more I think that "making sure this never happens again", seems to mean, "making sure the next guy doesn't miss."

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Who knows anymore, I want to believe it was just a colossal screw-up 95% certain but it's that nagging 5% of serious doubt.

Crooks was seen and acknowledged as a potential threat in plenty of time. Damn that new video you could see his azz on the roof without binoculars, complete incompetence likely but it damn sure isn't certain.

How would someone find out if First Net was active in Butler at the time? Is there redundancy built in, the only thing I found was at some point they bought Motorola radios at a discount, no verification on that or the timeline of thier use.

Haven't found anything remotely useful with a cursory search...

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There appears to be many failures, but one of the most glaring is that there were lack of communications between the SS and the local police.

This goes back to the pre-planning. There should have been at least two encryption keys...one for the local police and one for the SS.

You can load multiple encryption keys into one radio...depending how many channels it has.

That way the SS could monitor the local police and have a private channel just for them....that doesn't appear to be the case here.
edit on R042024-08-01T22:04:59-05:00k048Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   

They are just crop-dusting BS at this point.

Clouding the event to obscure the obvious to laymen.

You posted later on this thread that you think 95% that this was a colossal failure by a security detail and 5% of you is having serious doubts on that.

As someone pretty comfortable with the workings of a security detail, the first reaction I gave about the assassination attempt on ATS is that considering the circumstances it wasn't even possible without inside intervention.

I've limited my responses here on the matter to not allow myself to be drawn into long conversations as to how I know that.

But that is my opinion, regardless.

There are no "coincidences" in this matter.

edit on 100000008America/Chicago8pmThu, 01 Aug 2024 22:07:24 -050007 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The fact that agents were ordered to delete all text messages like they did on J6 isn't a good look. At the very least they should have been preserved so they could 'improve' in the future.

Wouldn't it be great if one of them preserved the texts and exposed their agenda?

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Who knows anymore, I want to believe it was just a colossal screw-up 95% certain but it's that nagging 5% of serious doubt.

Crooks was seen and acknowledged as a potential threat in plenty of time. Damn that new video you could see his azz on the roof without binoculars, complete incompetence likely but it damn sure isn't certain.

How would someone find out if First Net was active in Butler at the time? Is there redundancy built in, the only thing I found was at some point they bought Motorola radios at a discount, no verification on that or the timeline of thier use.

A colossal screw up could have been promoted by someone up high. Someone could have done things so the risk of someone attempting it would be high. They had information that Iran was going to attempt a hit on Trump, and it may just be a coincidence this guy had a chance because they disrupted security for the event.

I cannot blame all the secret service people guarding him nor the other police agencies. You have to go higher up the totem pole to find what orders were given that caused problems with security communication in this event.

You can't rule out that a bunch of security people went out drinking the night before the event either, that does happen.

I do not know what happened But I am sure that we will never know the whole truth about this assassination attempt security failure...one person could have messed up and some of these officials have a big head and were inappropriately overconfident which led to mistakes.
edit on 1-8-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

They are just crop-dusting BS at this point.

Clouding the event to obscure the obvious to laymen.

You posted later on this thread that you think 95% that this was a colossal failure by a security detail and 5% of you is having serious doubts on that.

As someone pretty comfortable with the workings of a security detail, the first reaction I gave about the assassination attempt on ATS is that considering the circumstances it wasn't even possible without inside intervention.

I've limited my responses here on the matter to not allow myself to be drawn into long conversations as to how I know that.

But that is my opinion, regardless.

There are no "coincidences" in this matter.

As always Lumenari you are way ahead of the curve, hell you posted soon afterward it was BS and essentially posted the same words you did here. You probably don't remember but I even commented like a naive azz, oh no it could be just a colossal screwup. Your life experiences are as varied, broad, and interesting as my life experiences are fairly narrow and mundane as hell.

I don't want to believe the worst in people, in our country, especially people from institutions and agencies I respect, but as a long-time ATSer I realize those agencies and services can still have damm good people but it doesn't mean there aren't rotten and corrupt elements that can push buttons and make things like 7/13 happen.

As for the percentages 5% serious doubt is enough for me to keep reading, searching, and listening till we find the truth here. That 5% is because I just haven't stuck my nose in it, I wanted to listen to and give the Secret Service and others TBOTD. So I went from 99.9% skeptical on 7/14 to 5% serious doubt on 8/1. I've always used ATS this way I'm always skeptical but Im also always open-minded to the possibilities. I have to ask questions to wrap my head around it all, I don't have much of a life but I do have a life, where I can't ponder this 24/7. I need time to paint the picture, draw the storyboard.

Hell if the book Chaos is one-tenth factual, possibilities abound.

Everybody learns at thier own pace... I always read your posts because I usually learn something

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

A colossal screw up could have been promoted by someone up high. Someone could have done things so the risk of someone attempting it would be high. They had information that Iran was going to attempt a hit on Trump, and it may just be a coincidence this guy had a chance because they disrupted security for the event.

I cannot blame all the secret service people guarding him nor the other police agencies. You have to go higher up the totem pole to find what orders were given that caused problems with security communication in this event.

You can't rule out that a bunch of security people went out drinking the night before the event either, that does happen.

I do not know what happened But I am sure that we will never know the whole truth about this assassination attempt security failure...one person could have messed up and some of these officials have a big head and were inappropriately overconfident which led to mistakes.

No doubt there are many possibilities, sometimes when people screw up it sounds as if they are being deceptive and vice versa.

If I am going to go down that rabbit hole of more than a lone gunman, I need somebody to explain it like I am 5 and I'll probably need a couple of red pills and a blue pill in my pocket just in case and I will ask a chit load of questions along the way.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The fact that agents were ordered to delete all text messages like they did on J6 isn't a good look. At the very least they should have been preserved so they could 'improve' in the future.

Wouldn't it be great if one of them preserved the texts and exposed their agenda?

Hey Nugget, you got links on this? I've only heard it on ATS and I'm not pulling up anything but to be fair, I haven't done a deep dive yet.

On topic,

Lawmakers were aghast to learn state police relayed information to the U.S. Secret Service of a suspicious man with a range finder roughly 20 to 25 minutes prior to the July 13 shooting, and that a photo of him was texted to a phone number provided by the federal agency.

alaskabeacon.com...

Communications between Secret Service and local law enforcement

Paris also detailed communications among law enforcement about Crooks before Trump took the stage at the rally earlier this month.

According to Paris, “there was a text thread going” with members of the Butler County Emergency Services Unit, some of whom initially spotted Crooks and reported him as a suspicious individual.

“At some point when he utilized the range finder, the suspicion was heightened,” Paris said of Crooks.

State Police then received a call and a text from the ESU about Crooks’ activity that they immediately relayed to Secret Service. Local, state and federal law enforcement were in a unified command post at the rally.

Police “verbally turned right around and gave it to the Secret Service,” Paris said.

www.cnn.com...

So there are too many 'miscommunications', mixed messages or lies. With no clear and accurate information it just convolutes the situation and gives rise to even more conspiracies, which is frustrating. We hear they were told...wait, they weren't told, oh, they were told but way too late.....no SS wasn't told..... It's a vicious tangle of BS that shouldn't be this difficult to sort out. But right now it's something like the 10 stooges. Party A told party D who told party R who then told party F who told party B..... AFTER the shots were fired.....

That's how ridiculous it all looks. It's mind numbing the complete ineptitude that has been exposed from the assassination attempt on Trump.

And if it were a planned attempt by higher ups, quite frankly, it looks even more incompetent. But I guess that's what they're going for.
edit on nd31202400000031bFri, 02 Aug 2024 00:35:14 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I like Senator Kennedy but I remember the same enthusiasm in regards to the Chinese Balloon BS. Answers to questions like why are there not one or two persons on leave till this is straightened out. Instead, it's we messed up but not bad enough to actually suggest blaming an individual.

x.com...

See new posts
Conversation
The Vigilant Fox 🦊

@VigilantFox
Senator John Kennedy tells Fox News that “we're going to have to get some new conspiracy theories” surrounding the Trump assassination attempt “because all the old ones turned out to be true.”

Today, an explosive new video revealed that a person was running on top of the roof where Thomas Crooks shot from in plain sight moments before taking aim at Trump and the crowd. Yet, Secret Service did nothing to get Trump off stage.

“We're going to chase the Secret Service like they stole Thanksgiving until they answer these questions about what happened. The American people deserve to know,” Kennedy said.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

“As it relates to communications at the rally, the Secret Service is committed to better understanding what happened before, during, and after the assassination attempt of former President Trump to ensure that never happens again,”

you mean to ensure they never miss again ?

I kid I kid.

It's so obvious Trump was supposed to die that day . Day after day more ridiculous failures come up , I suppose we just chalk it up to incompetence.

Their antics remind me of that Obama official that was going to report about the missing money from the Urban housing project and died when he was first killed by a garage door falling on him, then upon investigation he fell down the stairs going to his car, and then I stopped paying attention since it was clear he was assassinated.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

How many colossal, cascading failures need to happen before it is reckless disregard?

How much reckless disregard is required before it is intentional?

Keeping the public in the dark and blaming the locals is certainly intentional....

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Well, I can tell you this from a technical and engineering standpoint...

Most federal agencies, including DHS and others, use an area of the RF spectrum known as the "VHF band" for radio comms. Most, if not all, Public Safety agencies utilize the "UHF band" (generally 800MHz) area of the spectrum. Comms in these two different bands are not cross-compatible. In other words, it's not just a matter of changing 'channels'; the radios themselves are not even compatible with each other.

This concept is known as "inter-agency communications", and it became a big deal after 9-11. Even radio systems in the same band are not always compatible with each other because of proprietary encryption methods. Since 9-11 there has been a big push to eliminate many of these incompatibilities, BUT, guess what??? The federal government has exempted themselves from many of these requirements! Go figure, right. (i.e. 'Rules for thee, but not for me!')

Many local agencies (City and County) have spent hundreds of millions of dollars making inter-agency radio communications possible (this is an area which I have been personally involved in). What this means is, even though one City might be on a certain set of frequencies, if an incident or event requires resources from another City (on a different set of frequencies), there are now common frequencies which they can both communicate with each other. Before 9-11 this was rarely the case. So, in those instances, the foreign agency would need to be given physical radios of the home/host municipality. When you scale up to a large event, this quickly becomes impractical, unrealistic and unmanageable.

One of my very first questions about this event was I wondered how the federal agencies (i.e USSS, DHS) coordinated their radio comms with local and County Public Safety (LEO) radio comms. In a smaller County like Butler County, PA, the chances of them having some of the newest next generation inter-agency compatible system upgrades is doubtful. Therefore, the Butler County folks almost certainly could NOT communicate directly with the SS folks. They could have possibly exchanged radios inside their command center so they could at least 'hear' each other's radios, but the different procedural protocols and call-signs would have precluded them from actually using each other's radios. (no one would have understood, nor believed, what the others were saying, even though they were speaking the same language. In fact, they would have been instructed to actively disregard such radio traffic as being a "hacker").

The good news here is...cellular phone technology gets around much of this problem between federal agencies and local agencies, ONLY IF the federal boys are not so high and mighty as to refuse to exchange phone numbers. As much as I loathe texting, this is one area where texting technology can be useful. So, once again...the federal agencies have NO excuse for not being able to communicate! (But they'll still use this as a smokescreen anyway).

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
a reply to: Lumenari

How many colossal, cascading failures need to happen before it is reckless disregard?

This particular issue is/was well known long before the July 13th incident. We've been dealing with this since 2001 and before.

How much reckless disregard is required before it is intentional?

IMNSHO, this was 'intentional' long before the radio incident! No doubt about this. Someone, or someone(s), actively 'wanted' something to happen at the rally. There is almost no question about this. The larger question in my mind is; how much were government agencies and/or personnel involved in the active planning of 'what' was to happen?

Keeping the public in the dark and blaming the locals is certainly intentional....

Absolutely! Not only is it intentional, it is directly responsible for obscuring what actually happened to prevent people from getting to the truth of what really did happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

No, I don't have a link. Hubby read the story to me from one of the news sites he follows. I'll ask him if he remembers which site when he wakes up.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, I was pretty sure this was right up your alley FCD, and was hoping you would post.

I remember the communication problems from 9/11, 9/11 was one of the reasons I moved from lurking to interacting here on ATS

So in regards to First Net that would mean neither Butler Public Safety nor the USSS were using First Net, as inter-agency operability was/is the goal of First Net.

I do not know but I assume it depends on whether Butler County adopted its use, because according to First Net, they have been working in Pennsylvania since 2017 when Pennsylvania decided to "opt in". While this is worded to sell First Net it doesn't get us to where we know if it was deployed in Butler County?

This brings us to this has been an issue since 9/11 and it was not fully adopted in Pennsylvania? a state directly impacted by 9/11 even though Butler is adjacent to Pittsburgh Metro with a population of 190,000 I could easily see a county budget manager wouldn't want to spend the resources on something like First Net.

That however is not what is inferred here it sounds as if Pennsylvania opted in First Net 7 years ago. I hope you see where Im going with this, 7 years is a long time. Is this something that stalled because of local politics and or state government bureaucracy

Im fully aware the First Net website's first goal is to sell First Net, so while it speaks in generalities we don't know the specifics.

If First Net were operational in Butler PA, it DID NOT work as advertised.

2014-2018.firstnet.gov...*1qhavvg*_ga*MTYyMzcyMzQyNy4xNzIyNTU4NDQ3*_ga_RMMG6T 0VWC*MTcyMjU5NjQ4MS4yLjEuMTcyMjU5ODM4NS4wLjAuMA..

RESTON, Va., Nov. 2, 2017 – Pennsylvania is advancing communications capabilities for first responders. Today, Governor Tom Wolf announced his decision to accept the FirstNet and AT&T* plan to deliver a wireless broadband network to the state's public safety community. FirstNet will bring advanced technologies that will help Pennsylvania's first responders save lives and protect communities.

"When an emergency strikes, Pennsylvania first responders are called upon to handle the situation and support the community," Governor Wolf said. "As we have learned from recent events in many parts of the country, a vital component needed for coordinating a response is the ability for all responders on the scene to share information as events unfold."
FirstNet will transform the way Pennsylvania's fire, police, EMS and other public safety personnel communicate and share information. Specifically, it will:

Connect first responder subscribers to the critical information they need in a highly secure manner when handling day-to-day operations, responding to emergencies and supporting large events.
Create an efficient communications experience for public safety personnel in agencies and jurisdictions across the state when responding to natural disasters that occur all year in Pennsylvania, such as severe winter storms, tornadoes, high winds and flooding.
Enhance and expand network coverage along Pennsylvania's vast areas of mountains, farmland and forests to cover areas that are today underserved. This will benefit first responders and residents throughout the state's rural areas.
Provide first responders with access to dedicated network assets that can be deployed for additional coverage and support when needed.
Drive infrastructure investments and create jobs across the state.
FirstNet and AT&T designed Pennsylvania's network solution with direct input from the state's public safety community. FirstNet has been meeting with Pennsylvania's officials and public safety personnel for several years to address their unique communication needs. These include:

Improving coverage and making deployables readily available in less populated areas.
Providing modern communications tools at affordable costs to help first responders operate safer and more effectively.
Making Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions available to public safety volunteers.
Giving public safety agencies local control to adjust user prioritization at the state and incident commander level in response to outages and emergencies.

www.firstnet.gov...

edit on p000000318am086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
its obvious they no longer care that its obvious that they are criminals and NOT there to protect US citizens
and our constitution. Very sad times in the USA

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

From a couple of videos I posted about, there was an SS agent outside the building Crooks was on minutes before the first shot. The incompatible radio thing would not have applied. This guy was seeing what was going on and could have notified directly.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-8-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join