It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reynolds and Buford

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Two generals, Two Johns- Reynolds and Buford.

Those two guys, man. On the first day of Gettysburg, July 1 1863, General John Buford is sitting, watching Maj. Gen Henry Heth's confederate troops moving. Buford's cavalry is mighty strong, but outnumbered. General John Reynolds shows up with the I Corps, and reinforces Buford, and takes the fight to the rebels. This decisive stalling action sets the stage for the pivotal battle of Gettysburg.

Its a really interesting kicking-off point of the battle, and I don't think it gets really talked about all that much. The pivotal part of the fight that morning, was around 1030AM when, while repositioning the 2nd Wisconsin infantry of the Iron Brigade, Reynolds is shot dead. three hours earlier, a dispatch is sent requesting the III Corps to reinforce the union line at McPherson Ridge. The III Corps lead by General Sickles neglected to move his troops based on an order from General Meade, who would not be in that role for very long due to his shortcomings almost lost the battle, and thus the war.

edit on 1-8-2024 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for any support ats, my first actual attempt at a video^

new topics

join