It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN permanently shuts down opinion section

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Who determines what is or isn't deceit?

This is the inherent problem when people also try to buck the notion of free speech.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You lot must be really thick if you think your chosen platform is any less skewed than the opposing Platform.
lmao

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

How instructive and rational.

Also clairvoyant....

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Who determines what is or isn't deceit?

This is the inherent problem when people also try to buck the notion of free speech.

Currently, the MSM and their monopolizing masters.

Not bucking free speech. You can't falsely yell "fire" in a movie theater, so why should you be able to report blatant lies that gets people killed?

edit on 1-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I hear you and understand. Yet there exists something called "the Maddow defense."

While there also exists the Alex Jones precedent.

It's a valid question and discussion. However what isn't part of the equation is the government, even working on our behalf, to shut it down for such.

Now lawsuits and company viability....thats all on the table.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If CNN does not allow opinions to be given, then maybe they should not be forcing their opinion in the news to people. The narrative they choose makes news an opinion, propaganda of their belief. Not necessarily the truth much of the time. I wish we had laws that governed news only to publish the truth and the whole truth. Most time the articles do give some clarification as to how they arrived at their opinion being expressed almost at the end of the article, hidden among other junk which nobody has read because the title of the article and first few paragraphs steer people's beliefs. Always read the new articles to the end, disclaimers are often shown further down or sometimes it is listed from an opinion section of their news feed.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Kudos to CNN. A bold move.

I hope other American 'media' sites similarly drain the gas-tank on the BS engines.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Well , True Communists have NO Opinion.......................Other than What they are TOLD.........

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Someone's opinion isn't news.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I wonder if this means their reporting or (overall image) is going to lean more towards ubiased reporting at all. Doubtful, but would be nice if they started chillin out. Theyre insane.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I wish we had laws that governed news only to publish the truth and the whole truth. Most time the articles do give some clarification as to how they arrived at their opinion being expressed almost at the end of the article, hidden among other junk which nobody has read because the title of the article and first few paragraphs steer people's beliefs.

Ive thought of the same. Same wish here. But at the same time ive wondered how this would work in a "Free speech" society.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Kudos to CNN. A bold move.

I hope other American 'media' sites similarly drain the gas-tank on the BS engines.

Yea, then they can get back to the business of presenting truthful news, as they always do. I'm just so glad none of them show any bias.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join