It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Autoworkers Union endorses Harris for president

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
I'm union and paid way to much for what I actually do....SAG/AFTRA

I was going to say thanks for pointing out that you are aware that you are not actually a productive member of society...

Then I realized that we all already knew that by your political viewpoints, so it seemed a tad redundant.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Media used to say how many members were in the UAW. Now they just say one of the largest, which could mean anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I once met a UAW rep (4 years ago I think) that worked at a GM plant in Missouri. He stated that he felt that the union had lost its goal for the workers, and that instead of working for the workers, the union leadership was more concerned with lining their pockets than doing anything for the workers that mattered. Instead of getting pay raises, their pay was slashed. I think the going rate now to start at a auto factory here is around 22 bucks an hour. These days that is not a good wage for a skilled worker.

He also said that instead of recognizing that the workers have a symbiotic relationship with the corporation that they were more about a goal for the eventual government takeover of things. In other words, they were some sort of weird communist/fascist type of philosophy. He was pretty old and said he couldn't wait to retire because he was sick in the stomach as to how the UAW had failed the workers.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The same UAW that forced most of their jobs out of country, by striking for absurd benefits packages. (they were absurd because I want to say it was GM starts every year a billion dollars in the red because of the UAW)

not exactly a ringing endorsement for anyone not a "made man" in the union.

One of the recent UAW asks was a 46% raise, a 4 day work week, and paid overtime beyond 32 hours. 🤡
Then they wonder why nobody can afford to buy the cars and the plant closes.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The union leaders were going to vote Democrat anyway. I think some of the members heard Trump when he warned them that they could lose their jobs due to the fallout of electric vehicles
www.reuters.com...

Sept 27 (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday it mattered little whether striking union autoworkers secured a favorable deal in talks with America's biggest carmakers because the shift to electric vehicles would soon make them obsolete.

Is Harris going to save their jobs while pushing electric for the sake of Green Energy ?

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The same UAW that forced most of their jobs out of country, by striking for absurd benefits packages. (they were absurd because I want to say it was GM starts every year a billion dollars in the red because of the UAW)

not exactly a ringing endorsement for anyone not a "made man" in the union.

One of the recent UAW asks was a 46% raise, a 4 day work week, and paid overtime beyond 32 hours. 🤡
Then they wonder why nobody can afford to buy the cars and the plant closes.

Yes! This is a big part of the economic distress. There are some other factors too, supply chain stuff from covid etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I hate it when that happens!

Union Strong!

edit on 0820242024k29America/Chicago2024-08-01T00:29:08-05:0012am2024-08-01T00:29:08-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I hate it when that happens!

Union Strong!

HAHAHAHAHA.... that is just rich. Kamala has never broke a sweat doing physical work in her life. You can tell by her rich girl kid Montreal way of speaking. Mommy and daddy were rich, and she is comfortable with any sort of crime because she will never get in trouble for any insane thing she will do or has ever done.

Sookie, no matter what your media is telling you, Kamala is not popular with anyone that has two brain cells that can put one thought together. She is a disaster, and we all know she is. Well those of those that are curious to explore peoples past. Maybe we need to unburden ourselves from what has been?

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: berbofthegreen

Kamala has never broke a sweat doing physical work in her life.

She's doing the heavy lifting now!

Sookie, no matter what your media is telling you, Kamala is not popular with anyone that has two brain cells that can put one thought together.

I would love to see you illustrate that in a Venn diagram!

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Sookie, no matter what your media is telling you, Kamala is not popular with anyone that has two brain cells that can put one thought together.

Why don't you do that? Venn diagrams are interesting, but a generalization unless of course they "prove" some sort of marxist nonsense.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

originally posted by: Mahogani

originally posted by: Blueracer

Interesting. How many of those "over a million members" will actually vote for Harris?

And while I can't give you an exact number, because no one can,

Why can't anyone know this number (with in reason) shouldn't union leaders be polling their members before deciding who they support? How else do they know who they support?

These endorsements aren't decided in smoky back rooms are they?

Or Locals should hold special "surveys" by secret ballot and direct the higher leadership to endorse the Majority choice! 😃

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   

With the backing of the union that pays their bills, their kids' braces and puts the food on the table

That's where the Leftist lies fall apart. The workers put food on the table, not the Union. Did you think you just go to the Union and say " here's my electric bill take care of it" ? ...or does it come out of the workers paycheck ?

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

LOL your joking, right?

Do you know how many union members are just middle class hard workers? (well, used to be)

They will tell the union they are voting Dems.

And vote Rep.
Especially all the rural ones around here, that work in Lansing.
Many still Farm as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

And it's not like the union rep goes into the voting booth with them.

Again, they will tell the union whatever they have to.

And do what they want.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Sure, union leadership states they back Harris, because they get the most kickbacks from dems. The union membership doesn't get the same, and thus are not required to vote any particular way.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Big time betrayal of the members since the Democrats are fanatically pro-corporate and anti-worker.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 1-8-2024 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I was going to say thanks for pointing out that you are aware that you are not actually a productive member of society...

Then I realized that we all already knew that by your political viewpoints, so it seemed a tad redundant.

I actually feel I am a productive member of society. Besides being a proud union member, I am a capitalist LLC operator/owner of a manufacturing, wholesale, retail business, supporting a crew of 12 people. I'm in my office/studio now enjoying my morning coffee and reading the latest on ATS. Thanks for sharing!!

Union strong, Union proud

iatse.net...
edit on 1-8-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So interesting you said that just yesterday, when SAG-AFTRA began a new fight for their members. Yesterday, the union began a protest for their video game industry members who are losing jobs to AI.

I bet if they get to keep their jobs for a few more years, they'll think their union membership was money well spent.

You're in a good union, they've had lots of fights they've won in the last few years, particularly during and after the pandemic.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: berbofthegreen

Why don't you do that? Venn diagrams are interesting, but a generalization unless of course they "prove" some sort of marxist nonsense.

that was actualy a cleaver joke. Harris did one of her word salad speaches, and giggled about how she just loved venn diagrams.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join