It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems and GOP agree: Ditch computerized voting in Georgia

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This would likely be challenged if they try to adopt it this close to an election, Georgia invested heavily into Dominion 4-5 years ago. But damn

They're asking the state election board to switch to hand-marked paper ballots in time for the November election.

LINK

****** not sure why the link is wonky****

ATLANTA — Two groups are asking the state election board to ditch the state’s Dominion voting machines this fall, citing their faulty security. The board could take up the bipartisan request as soon as Tuesday.

Dominion voting system computers have been fixtures at elections in Georgia since the 2020 election. But the state election board is getting multidirectional pushback -- from the two political parties, and cybersecurity experts, saying they shouldn’t be used this fall.

"It's madness, actually, to go into a system and have all of our ballots relying on that," said Jeanne Dufort, chair of the Morgan County Democratic party Monday. She wants the board to switch to hand-marked paper ballots for the November presidential election.

Republican Debbie Dooley, an early backer of Donald Trump in 2015, has also asked the election board to replace the state’s computerized voting system with hand-marked paper ballots this fall.

They contend that computer hackers could manipulate elections without a trace. One such warning has come from the founder of Georgia Tech’s School of Cybersecurity, Dr. Rich DeMillo, who talked to 11Alive in 2022.

In 2019, Georgia approved the purchase of 30,000 Dominion ballot marking devices under a $109 million contract. Politicians had staunchly backed the system.

edit on p000000317am076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/31/2024 by yeahright because: Fixed link

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Gov Kemp and SOS Raffensperger received millions in kickbacks from Dominion voting systems. Those following the bidding process were AMAZED and PERPLEXED over why Kemp/Raff chose the most expensive voting system bidder.

Investigators revealed the $$$ kickbacks, but they were shot down by other corrupted Georgia officials...as usual/expected.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

it sounds like some shenanigans are about to make it out of the shadows.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
They wont... that SoS stays bought.

Also in what 100 ish days no way that can swing that change in time.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yep, the whole website is inaccessible to me.

However, found a video on their YT channel with the same article.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Yep, the whole website is inaccessible to me.

However, found a video on their YT channel with the same article.

Thanks for the assist, what's strange is nobody else is picking it up, even locally.

Which means it's too early to see if it has momentum, or if it's just window dressing

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

it sounds like some shenanigans are about to make it out of the shadows.

Ha, that was my first impression as well ND.

It hasn't been picked up by other news services, even locally. But again I'd imagine there will be factions fighting this tooth and nail.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Or chaos and confusion is wanted so when the election looks shady they can just blame it on this last-minute change.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I have to ask now, does that mean that the 2020 election may not have been the most secure election in the history of man?

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
Or chaos and confusion is wanted so when the election looks shady they can just blame it on this last-minute change.

In Georgia politics, you can never tell. Both sides somewhat live by the NASCAR motto "If you ain't cheating you ain't trying"

Hell it was local voting issues that spurned the purchase of Dominion voting machines to begin with

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Dems and GOP agree: Ditch computerized voting in Georgia

11Alive
edit on 31-7-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I have to ask now, does that mean that the 2020 election may not have been the most secure election in the history of man?

I don’t think this story added any evidence of election interference.

It’s just two groups asking to switch away from dominion.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hope this isn't a red herring to get people off the scent of the (non absentee) mail ballot fraud. 💡

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Is just funny, the problems with voting machines is always in the democrats' run cities like Atlanta, they put the rules, no voting ID and absentee ballots. Last election the amount of dead and people no longer living in GA citizens that were counted as votes was incredible.

Still in my neck of the woods in southern GA a republican city, we have to show voting identification and get checked twice while in line.

The problem is democrats my friend, they love cheating as usual.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

In Georgia politics, you can never tell. Both sides somewhat live by the NASCAR motto "If you ain't cheating you ain't trying"

Hell it was local voting issues that spurned the purchase of Dominion voting machines to begin with

The real secret is that's not just Georgia politics or Delaware politics or Chicago politics. It's like that everywhere. In a few places it's just been exposed so many times that it's common knowledge.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is just funny, the problems with voting machines is always in the democrats' run cities like Atlanta, they put the rules, no voting ID and absentee ballots. Last election the amount of dead and people no longer living in GA citizens that were counted as votes was incredible.

Still in my neck of the woods in southern GA a republican city, we have to show voting identification and get checked twice while in line.

The problem is democrats my friend, they love cheating as usual.

I was speaking in generalities and historical events

It's the issues that matter to me the most is where I lean Republican. For the last 4 years Ive lived in a decidedly blue area, and would love to move south or to the North Georgia mountains. Locally the most noticeable difference in the cost of consumer goods was looking at the same Items I bought 5-6 years ago on Amazon or Walmart the increase is real. Throw in gas prices, and its magnified as my career industry, just isn't pulling the numbers it used too.

This is our busiest time of year, Ive seen independent projected sales are down 6 million in the state of Georgia alone. Sure some of that is just COVID lockdowns but not all of it

new topics

top topics

join