It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on making dentures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   
A few years ago I posted on how to make your own dentures, the cost of having them made is s ridiculous. But it seems that a company has wised up and has made the process into a quite reasonably priced kit. I came across this down to Earth lady who shows how to do them in your own kitchen, I was quite impressed at her no nonsense approach

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Have you used the kit?

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

My Late brother was a builder, dying of colon cancer. Bedridden, one day he started choking on....a denture partial he made out of Corian (fake marble counter top) material and some epoxy,..

No one knew he did that! He built GREAT kitchens too!

Dumb ass...God Bless him...!!! Thanks for this today...I'm still lost without him!✌️🫡

edit on 07241131America/ChicagoTue, 30 Jul 2024 08:59:11 -050059202400000011 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 07244531America/ChicagoTue, 30 Jul 2024 08:59:45 -050059202400000045 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The meds I took for my epilepsy caused my teeth to erupt...which means they worked their way up to stop me from consuming food chemistry I was not designed to eat...but it was not food, it was medicines which I swallowed not chewed. I broke a lot of teeth, I had thirteen crowns scheduled in six months since my last appointment and the six months before I had to have four crowns/caps put on.

I knew what was happening, the neurologist actually verified it was most likely the cause too. So I had them all pulled since the epilepsy I got from an accident was permanent. But I was taken off the last of four classes I was prescribed by the neurologist because all four classes were killing me. She did not want to even try neurontin, because she said I had to immediatley stop all meds to treat it and I should very seriously scrutinize other meds prescribed long term too.

So the teeth the dentist made sucked, I could not even eat a sandwich even with the adhesive. So I figured I would just go without them for a while and found that...guess what...we do not need teeth. We have knives and all sorts of tools to replace chewing these days. and without teeth, my enzymes in my mouth got much stronger, I can eat roast and steak pretty easy if I cook it properly. I can cut an apple and eat it, I can eat celery fine if I just use a knife and pull the little fibers out of the outside of the stalk. I can crush peanuts and cashews with my fingers on the way to my mouth. We have grinders and knives to work to shred almonds. I may not be able to chew down an almond joy with out cutting the almond, but we should not really be eating an almond joy anyway.

We do not need teeth to live, and actually most people cannot even tell I am toothless unless they watch me eat. Social programming has made it so people believe you need nice glowing white teeth to be healthy...and made carrying a pocket knife bad.

I have dental insurance, and have not been to the dentist in around eighteen years now, I brushed my teeth two years ago. They needed cleaning, when I had them pulled I got the teeth and they were getting yellow in the cabinet above the stove. I think the dentures are somewhere in some cabinet, but if I do find them, I will toss them out since they never did work properly anyway.

Reminds me of what I read in ancient history of Northern Europe, the youth were going around with drums trying to lure the young girls and they would bath mouth the Shamans because they did not have any teeth. Finally the people concerned about the rude guys trying to steal their daughters...banned drums from their societies. You cannot have a proper society if the young try to divide the society and trash the older more experienced people in it.

Sound like America now?

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

Nope I bought all the stuff on Ebay, This kit might have been simpler. I didnt like the ones the dentist made, You dont need a mouth full of dentures so I made them with a much reduced palate so I could feel the top of my mouth. The bottom set hasn't got a palate area. So why should the top. If you do the mould the right way you can see the little scars where the teeth once were and it is easier to put the teeth in when making the set.
I found another vid of buying a pre formed thermoplastic denture. Another take on them .

edit on pm720247America/Chicago731453124 by annonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on pm720247America/Chicago731503124 by annonentity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join