It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've realized something about Politics recently.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I get emails from the (Biden) Harris campaign. And I get texts from the Trump Campaign.

Something I noticed is that Extreme Right-wing people and Extreme Left-wing people don't recognize that there's a mid-point between the two.

Extreme Right-wing people think anyone to the left of them is Leftist.
And Extreme Left-wing people think anyone to the right of them is Right-wing.

And they're both wrong.

I've had Conservatives that think I'm Liberal.
And I've had Liberals think I'm Conservative.

This is serious blind-spot in our Politics.

It's like someone who says that certain words in the dictionary really don't exist.
Or like someone who doesn't believe in Rabbits.
Or someone who says there's no such thing as the Equator.

Should those people see a Psychiatrist?
edit on 7272024 by GotterDameron23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

Nope. You’re spot on and it’s by design.

Both sides abhor critical thinking or thinking for oneself.

Hence the division and spewing talking points like good little cheerleaders.

There isn’t a middle ground or civil debate anymore and it is sorely missed. Cooler heads and all. But none so right as the righteous….

ETA Bertrand Russell had some insight into your point.

edit on 27-7-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

IF one is not an extremist then one is a compromised and compromising idiot!

Personal Disclosure: Stay away from the center ok.

Being in no-mans land just makes one a target from all the extremists who will shoot through you to get to the extremists on the other side!

Take an extreme position and defend it to the death ok! That at least is honorable!

Be well!

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OmegaLogos

Being in no-mans land just makes one a target from all the extremists who will shoot through you to get to the extremists on the other side!

This is the smartest post I've seen in a good, long while.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I bet they both want campaign donations through.

As to them seeing a psychiatrist, well to be sane in an insane world can quite frankly be counter-productive.

Now where people saying there's no such thing as the Equator in concerned.

Flat earth proponents will most likely be along shortly to educate you as to the error of your way of thinking.

Now those lot really should see a psychiatrist.
LoL

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Ever heard about the horseshoe theory?

"The horseshoe theory arranges political parties on a scale in the shape of a horseshoe. In this model, the extreme political fringes are closer to each other than both are to the center and equally distant from it."

That`s what those say who want the societies/people divided. That there allegedly is a left and a right and that the people would have to be part of either left or right. In reality there is only a bottom (us, the people, the have-nots) and a top (those who squeeze even the last cent out of the average people by force, to gain more and more power).

It is way easier for the top to make us, their stupid little money #ting puppets dance, if these stupid puppets love to jump into the prefabricated drawers the top prefabricated for us. It's easier for the top because the bottom-people who love to put themselves into those prefabricated drawers, for some idiotic reason believe that the respective drawer inhabitants think they have to go after each other instead of the top which is responsible for all the crap that the bottom always has to pay for.

Nothing will change when the bottom-people don´t realize that fact and love to stay in their prefabricated drawers and love to go after each other instead of after the culprits on top for all the misery the bottom-people have to deal with on a daily routine. Of course because it´s easier and more comfortable for the drawer inhabitants to go with the flow, either in the left or the right prefabricated drawer, instead of trying to swim against the tide, with united forces from both of the drawers, in the direction of the top instead of the fish factory all those drawer inhabitants will reach sooner or later simply because they love to hate and go after each other without holding the real perpetrators on top accountable.

I bet this sh!t has been working since mankind came out of the trees. Maybe there was one that could walk upright and had maybe half a brainwave more than the others, who were still crawling around on the ground on all fours. And the one crawler group was maybe looking for roots and grasses as food and the others maybe for fruit. And then the upright walker, with half a brainwave more than the crawlers, went to the one group of crawlers looking for roots and told this group that the fruit pickers were really bad guys and vice versa.

And that the respective group only has to give at least 75% of the collected food to the slightly more intelligent upright walker so that he can protect them from the other group and vice versa. Let us, just for fun, call these crawler gangs not root pickers and fruit pickers but left and right.

So if the crawlers continue to crawl after their alleged messiah and hate the other crawlers because they are supposedly so evil and should actually be wiped out, then these crawlers will never learn to walk upright like their alleged messiah. They will never reach the top because they love to crawl and worship their messiah and do whatever he asks of them. Regardless of whether this completely stupid behavior is to the detriment of the ground creeps and only to the advantage of the slightly more upright walking naked monkey with half a brainwave more.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

Division made palpable...

Two diametrically opposite can easily nullify each other without bothering the continuum. Go ahead we don't really need the two corrupted poles anymore.

Don't join live free

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Could you list a few examples of far right and far left leadership in any of the 3 branches of govt?

Bonus points for adding centrists.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I'd say conservative and liberal are rather moderate positions in politics, not FAR left or right.

The issue is that people who tend to talk about politics like its a hobby get so worked up in it all they just go all in and will call you a communist for wanting to protect the environment or workers rights, or a fascist for wanting to support national energy production or regulate immigration.
This I feel ceaates a negative unintended consequence overall that it makes people on the extremes want to get their positions in place and the moderates in the middle get dragged along for the ride.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The majority of the country doesn't participate in the national elections. That should tell us something.

Tells me...
If a civil war happens in this country it would likely boil down to the majority of non voting
Americans banning together against these 2 extreme political elements who put us in this situation.

Sure we can argue which one is worse but it takes 2 to tango and at this point if Russia put a hypersonic small tactical nuke through the window of the white house and the capital they'd be doing us all a big favor.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Here we go again… time for my usual response from the late Prof Antony Sutton, a fellow researcher at the Hoover Institute on the subject of Hegelian Dialectic as used by such people and orgs as the CFR.
Sutton wrote

How can there exist a common objective when members [of The Orderof Skull and Bones] are apparently acting in opposition to one another?Probably the most difficult task in this work will be to get across to thereader what is really an elementary observation: that the objective ofThe Order is neither "left" nor "right." "Left" and "right" are artificialdevicces to bring about change, and the extremes of political left andpolitical right are vital elements in a process of controlled change.The answer to this seeming political puzzle lies in Hegelian logic.Remember that both Marx and Hitler, the extremes of "left" and"right" presented as textbook enemies, evolved out of the samephilosophical system: Hegelianism. That brings screams of intellectualanguish from Marxists and Nazis, but is well known to any student ofpolitical systems.The dialectical process did not originate with Marx as Marxists clai

www.scribd.com...
People are saying Kamala is a liberal but farther left than Bernie Sanders. Hard to be further left than an actual communist who has been posing as a “social Democrat.”
The entire Democrat Party will go for Kamala no matter how much they may disagree with her personally, because that’s how they roll.
Meanwhile the President is planning a Constitutional amendment regarding term limits for SCOTUS. It’s really all about power.
Hope they enjoy the word salad.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The majority of the country doesn't participate in the national elections. That should tell us something.

Tells me...
If a civil war happens in this country it would likely boil down to the majority of non voting
Americans banning together against these 2 extreme political elements who put us in this situation.

Sure we can argue which one is worse but it takes 2 to tango and at this point if Russia put a hypersonic small tactical nuke through the window of the white house and the capital they'd be doing us all a big favor.

But but but 81 million people voted for the guy they are overthrowing democracy to get out because they are embarrassed he gets lost on the stage.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I'd say conservative and liberal are rather moderate positions in politics, not FAR left or right.

The issue is that people who tend to talk about politics like its a hobby get so worked up in it all they just go all in and will call you a communist for wanting to protect the environment or workers rights, or a fascist for wanting to support national energy production or regulate immigration.
This I feel ceaates a negative unintended consequence overall that it makes people on the extremes want to get their positions in place and the moderates in the middle get dragged along for the ride.

It’s true that large groups of people get lumped into one category or another, and that is how our political
parties work. Look at how fast so many people are jumping on the bandwagon of one Democrat as the savior of the Democrat party to win an election.
Again, Antony Sutton explained that it’s a function of Hegelian Dialectic, which is used by the CFR as an element of control and what even they themselves refer to as “managed conflict.”
So, it’s how the political system works today. The media also engages in this process, and they have huge power in their ability to sway large numbers of the population.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Solid points all around.

There is no more middle ground, it seems like no one wants to have commonalities but prefer party before Country.

Hence why the right accuses the left of replacing religion with politic. They choose the politics over every thing, every time.

Americas very FOUNDING documents, even specify;
it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another,

Meaning discard politic and be a Nation. We the People!

Not teaching civics, is undermining this society and it's founding. It'll all be in vain, if lost unchallenged...

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
MSM suppression of news to meet a political goal warps minds that cannot use reason and logic

There is no middle ground between Good and Evil intentions in regard to freedom

I'd call that position confused

flashback

To Each their Own
I Stand My Ground

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:29 PM
link   
People throw around extreme right and extreme left all too easily anyhow. It’s a construct of the media. In reality there are very few so called extreme or far right folk. It’s just a smear. More on the left veer towards extreme but even then the majority are nowhere near extreme or far left. These are mechanisms of division used against us all. Politics is all pretty dull anyway and most politicians duller. The same powers pull their strings no matter the sides or the extremity of the leaning. reply to: GotterDameron23

edit on 27-7-2024 by ARM19688 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter2

The "horseshoe" theory is interesting. Thanks for sharing it. -wmc

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Burying your brains in the ground and acting on the instructions of your glands is smart?

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy

Burying your brains in the ground and acting on the instructions of your glands is smart?

Don't get caught up in the crossfire.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Don't get caught up in the crossfire.

But you recommend that I should put myself in the direct line of fire instead? That's what you call brainy advice, is it?

I suppose the name of Gandhi offends you. Perhaps you will take more seriously that clean-cut blue-eyed blond WASP hero, Jesus Christ? Go and read the Sermon on the Mount.

edit on 29-7-2024 by Kallipygywiggy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join