It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Russia just attack a NATO nation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeStupidName

Ummm...

#SomeStupidThread

YouSir

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Eh, I don’t see how it could be patriotic to ask another country to run hours even if they were in good shape.

Isn’t one of the best arguments from global projection let them fix themselves.

But sure, saying Xi or Putin should run America is perfectly sensible even if it was clearly hyperbolic.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Eh, I don’t see how it could be patriotic to ask another country to run hours even if they were in good shape.

Isn’t one of the best arguments from global projection let them fix themselves.

But sure, saying Xi or Putin should run America is perfectly sensible even if it was clearly hyperbolic.

Ummm...I don't care...I'm not the one with an ATS history of trying to stand up enemies...where none need be found...

Nor do I subscribe to the group think that emulates illusion as it's spoon fed by those whose job it is to pour ideological virtue signaling into the ear of the true believer...all while pointing democracies diseased and calcified finger at those it claims are the current enemy du jour...

Perhaps I'm a tad jaded by those who opine duplicitous sermons from both north and south orifices...and further still...by those who would swallow whatever nectar might ooze from said...and call it manna from the heavenly hand...and bleat such idioms as if they were the concise word from on high...

Perhaps one might be better served if such an one stepped outside of their safe space and actually...just once...uttered an original thought train...unclouded and uncluttered by the direction they had been programmed to venture...and entirely of their own...un-owned...direction...

Do you think such an one might taste honest freedom then...?

Prolly not...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   

And that’s your right to think that.

You can call any politician worse than Hitler. You can advocate we shift to a China or Russia like government. You can write any of those leaders in on your ballot. Worst that will happen is some of us will disagree with you.

I often rail against both parties. But I can hold that thought in my head while having an opposing opinion about those nations too.

edit on 26-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   

And that’s your right to think that.

You can call any politician worse than Hitler. You can advocate we shift to a China or Russia like government. You can write any of those leaders in on you ballot. Worst that will happen is some of us will disagree with you.

I often rail against both parties. But I can hold that that thought in my head while having an opposing opinion about those nations too.

Ummm...I've never advocated for any of that...

The entirety of my posts in this thread...were merely to illustrate that I don't suck daddy.govs teats so hard that I mouth it's platitudes...
You are aware that's not the milk of human kindness oozing from those flaccid duds...right...?

It was also to illustrate that I have absolutely no desire to puff out my chest and squawk...Russia...China...Baaaaddd...Murica...Gooood...

I don't consider them my enemies...Not their governments...nor their people...

I do however...consider the US and other western governments...the enemies of their own people...and the enemy of every country that doesn't wish to be bitch slapped into towing the line and coughing up resources...

If you truly think that those who rule from the shadows...and those marionettes who are the face of those who rule from the shadows...have your best interests at heart...then...brother...you truly have been assimilated...and are full blown Borg...

Meesah no Likey the Borg...No sah...meesah no likey...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   

And my point was merely that I found it odd someone advocate for foreign leadership at home.
edit on 26-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
If Americans elect Kamala, I'll send Putin and Xi a letter inviting them to take over.

How patriotic.

I trust Putin more than Hillary

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 777Vader

Putin and Hillary are the same to me.

Two “public servants” who made a fortune in government from their service.

I suppose the difference to me is we can call her every iteration of the worst kind of person we wish. She also got washed out too.

Maybe my perception is bias though, but I’m under the impression the ramifications for speaking against the government as a Russian can be more than online disagreement.

I could be far off that mark though.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Fair enough. A milder way of looking at it is maybe the people who would rather live in relative freedom of rural Russia instead of some global Soros craphole greywater welfare state.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Still..I would reach out to Putin over the other one.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Well if we are being honest Nato countries have already been attacking Russia by proxy through Ukraine

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Russia is doing to France what the partisans have been doing to Russia inside Russia , France have been vocal about sending troops to Ukraine so Russia are playing the partisan game because they can't play in the Olympics ... Putin's bottom lip is well out.

Nothing will come of this because "partisans" but the end game is not far off.
Macron's all bark, no bite. Arguably, Macron was being vocal about sending troops into Ukraine to save face for his failure in Africa.
tfiglobalnews.com...

It's also possible Macron may have formed with Russia/China, he doesn't want his western allies to suspect him. I seem to recall the British called him out for nearly revealing their intentions:
[Mar 15, 23] UK troops won’t ‘fight side by side’ with Ukrainians – London

Actually, the British do intend to send in their troops if Ukraine is defeated: euromaidanpress.com... “A catastrophic development of the war… Continuation of the occupation.” Have to read between the lines.

Also, he wants to embolden the rest of Europe into entering into conflict with Russia, so that when they've been weakened, France, which remained out of Russia's war, will be able to intervene and fight at the last minute and reap the spoils of war and hailed as the savior of Europe.

old.reddit.com...

They also want to send troops only to secure back of the line, which means remaining Ukrainian men also can be sent to front lines, which means more busy time for Russia. They won’t ever directly involve to war in conventional way. France, UK, Turkey, USA, Poland, Germany, etc. they all already have presence in Ukraine by their special forces against Russia under administration of mercenary contractors anyway.

This is what I heard about French soldiers from my Russian military historian contact: "Ukrainians say that the French are very capricious, and they are of no use on the battlefield, they sit in the rear and refuse to go to the front line."

And this is what I heard from fellow ATS member WanderingMrM:

"If you have anyone in Europe especially in France around time of Olympic games tell them to stay away. If this is a timeline scenario, something might be planned for France." (this was mentioned in the aftermath of the Crocus City attack)

"A theater/music hall or perhaps a circus. In any way just a staged show for little Macron to remain in power."

"If there will be a circus/theater like show terror attack in France, then yes, something will happen this summer." (this was about a potential natural disaster)

The end game is probably to set up Russia to take the blame as usual.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 777Vader

I get it, it’s hyperbole to illustrate how much people dislike the left, and now Harris.

But there’s still a contrast between the left having cozy relationships with some of the media, and Russia having state owned media.

There’s a difference between being allowed to call our own politicians worse than Hitler, accusing them of treason, saying they should get the maximum punishment and getting arrested in Russia for holding up a blank sign in protest.

So when people speak in such hyperbole to “prove a point”, all it does is remind some people why they’re independents.

I’ve never voted for someone on the left for president. I don’t need to be told they’re bad, I’m aware. Trying to make the case that Putin would be better, or living in Russia would be better is exactly the same as people saying Trump is a fascist and they’ll move to Canada if he wins.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Russia is doing to France what the partisans have been doing to Russia inside Russia , France have been vocal about sending troops to Ukraine so Russia are playing the partisan game because they can't play in the Olympics ... Putin's bottom lip is well out.

Nothing will come of this because "partisans" but the end game is not far off.

Lol you think Putin is pouting because he can't be part of the Olympics?

This Olympics?

I'm curious about this "end game" you speak of?

Is this like the spring offensive or are you just being hyperbolic?

The Russians defeated Napoleon, the Russians defeated the nazis, and they will most likely defeated us if Ukraine is any indication.

How is it so impossible to fathom that being allies is more beneficial to the entire globe. You will say because Russia is a totalitarian state and I will forever remind you of the reality you live in.

Because

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Do you have a link to that source for arrests?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

So, does posting a video of you committing a crime and getting arrested count?

How many were jailed?

And so on. But those figures for Russia:

apnews.com...

For posting stuff critical of Russia, Gulag.

You will be jailed for the "crime" of "extremism".

Bit different.
edit on 27-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Lol you think Putin is pouting because he can't be part of the Olympics?

No , I think Putin is pouting because Russia can't compete in the Olympics , Russia has always put a lot of effort , and testosterone , into winning more shiny their competitors.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not to mention doping on an industrial scale?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I would have gone with more the far right-wing types being responsible for the arson attacks rather than Russian spies.
edit on 27-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join