It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinaloa Cartel co-founder ‘El Mayo’ taken into US custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The Mexican drug kingpin Ismael Zambada Garcia, also known as "El Mayo," who co-founded the notorious Sinaloa drug cartel was taken into custody in El Paso on Thursday, according to the Department of Justice.

Also taken into custody was Juaquin Guzman Lopez, the son of the cartel's other co-founder, Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.

Source

After a sting operation, the co-founder of the Sinaloa cartel, El Mayo, has been taken into custody. One of El Chapo's sons was also taken into custody at the same time.

This now leaves the Sinaloa with both their leaders behind bars in the US. To make matters even more interesting, El Chapo's son is the one that handed El Mayo over to the feds. It sounds like he was pinched at an earlier date and agreed to work with the FBI.

It will be interesting to see if this marks the beginning of the end for the Sinaloa. There's a clear power vacuum but also the possibility of those more loyal to El Mayo seeking revenge against El Chapo's guys.

Things are about to get bloody but hopefully everything stays in house.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A good start anyway.

I’ll get excited when tax dollars stop going to funding needle centres and start funding lead for spec ops teams to eliminate the root cause.

Until I see a few drug compounds being hellfired I’ll reserve my jubilation.
a reply to: Threadbarer

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Another fake bust to make people think authorities are doing something. 🤣🤣This does zero for the wide open smuggling routes.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The majority of drugs coming into this country are brought in by US citizens using legal border crossings.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: xuenchen

The majority of drugs coming into this country are brought in by US citizens using legal border crossings.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you too want people to believe anything 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

and the smuggling routes smuggle much more than just drugs

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I call bs on this..its the cartels in conjunction with 3 letter agencies who will remain unmentioned

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Would this be the same report that blames US drug users for buying it and not the cartels sending it?

Link

These statistics are about in line with Crime statistics we get. Of course more US citizens are caught at the border than illegals because they are coming back in a checkpoint.

The others simply get through. Usually with the Human Traffickers.

You know how it works right? 2 tons of product. Send it. 1 ton gets in. Cartels are still rich..
edit on 7262024 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another fake bust to make people think authorities are doing something. 🤣🤣This does zero for the wide open smuggling routes.

Just out of interest, I don't expect much of a reply from you, but I want to see how you answer this...

What is fake about this arrest?

And what other fake arrests are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The reason they use Americans as mules is because they know there is a much lower chance of them being searched at the border. If they know an American is going to have a much higher chance of success, why would they send any significant amount of product with a non-American when there's apparently no shortage of Americans willing to be a mule?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No. They use them as a distraction. Not sure why you think Americans are so successful. I mean, is border patrol tracking that also?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Probably the one where they arrested this guy before and then let him go. Just my guess

Sorry, he “escaped” 3 times

a reply to: Mahogani

edit on 26-7-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

They let him go so they can make this arrest.

It was reported today that he made a deal with the feds last time he was arrested and he is the person that got El Mayo to get on the plane. He told him they were going elsewhere, but the plane landed in Texas. Only the pilot and the two of them were on the plane.

So, the pilot knew where they were going, Chapito knew where they were going, only El Mayo didn't.

Chapito better be in solitary for the rest of his life, or the Sinaloa will get to him wherever he is.

top topics

join