It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayers Needed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks, DTOM. I really don't think it's going to hit town; farmers are out plowing fire breaks all around us and the wind has shifted in our favor.

Some on the outskirts of town have already lost their homes, and that hits pretty hard in a little community like ours.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I was reading some reports on the fires up there, and decided to check in, to see if you have checked in.
And you have!
Good news!

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I was reading some reports on the fires up there, and decided to check in, to see if you have checked in.
And you have!
Good news!

It is! It's looking good for our little town, but not so great for some others, sadly.

I have been so amazed at all of the support from people and surrounding communities! Folks volunteering to come load up and transport livestock to fairgounds that have offered their space, individuals who have an extra stall or two,offering pastures that can take animals and people with livestock trailers offering to come and transport animals.

The outpouring of support is incredible! It's good to see the best of humanity.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Best wishes Nug!

Cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Fire is the worst. I'm praying for you and your husband and your adorable kitty! That the fire avoids you.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Always be cautious, it's best to not run away but make a tactical withdrawal. House/property can all be replaced but your lives cannot. I pray for you that all comes to nothing and you're just having a minor holiday and you'll return back to your house and memories.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   
F2d5thCavv2, Shoshanna, crayzeed and all of you who so graciously responde to my request, a million thanks!

As of an hour ago we are still at Level1 evc. but thanks to locl farmer cutting a fire break at the edge of town and a wind shift it's now moving away from town.
It did come within a few hundren yards of the upper edge of town. The outpouring of help from communities far and wide hs been nothing short of showcasing the very best of humanity!

Here's the incident map from this morning; our town is at the verry bottom just outside of the yellow Leve 2 area.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Good to hear that, Nug.

Once a long time ago, I helped fight a forest fire. Holy Cow. The noise alone from the wall of flame consuming oxygen as it advanced was practically demonic. And when the trees behind one begin burning and one realizes the firebreak has been breached, and all one has is a long stick with a rubber flap on the end ... Well!

Cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Good to hear that, Nug.

Once a long time ago, I helped fight a forest fire. Holy Cow. The noise alone from the wall of flame consuming oxygen as it advanced was practically demonic. And when the trees behind one begin burning and one realizes the firebreak has been breached, and all one has is a long stick with a rubber flap on the end ... Well!

Cheers

Pretty frightening, huh? Living in the PNW you get used to raging fires every ten years or so and can only hope they don't want to claim the town you're living in!

Winds have shifted, so today has been spent keeping a close eye on official fire watch sites. So far, so good.

Still a couple of miles away, but too close for an afternoon nap.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Glad you are ok!!

Battling wild fires here in the Rocky Mts as well. I lost a rental that my Dad and I built many years ago.... And now floods!!

www.koat.com...

edit on 26-7-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
Glad you are ok!!

Battling wild fires here in the Rocky Mts as well. I lost a rental. And now floods!!

www.koat.com...

Dang! I'm sorry that happened to you!

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Glad you are ok!!

Battling wild fires here in the Rocky Mts as well. I lost a rental. And now floods!!

www.koat.com...

Thanks, I'm just glad my renters got out in time. I found them another place in a nearby village and helping out with the household stuff.

Gotta love all the hotshots and forest service people that did all they could.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I hope everyone is ok there.

The township of Jasper, Alberta is 30 to 50% destroyed here and firefighters had to be pulled out because of the danger.

edit on 26-7-2024 by LandofEnchantment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LandofEnchantment

I hope everyone is ok there.

The township of Jasper, Alberta is 30 to 50% destroyed here and firefighters had to be pulled out because of the danger.

That's a lot of devistation in Jasper! It's so very sad to see communities devistated from wildfires.

There has been no loss of life here, so everyone we're 'ok' in that reguard. The fire went from 2,00 acres last night to 20,000 this evening. It's getting harder to keep a 'stiff upper lip' as I read about people who have lost everything put out requests for everyone to let them know if they spot their beloved missing pets.

Folks had no choice but to turn their livestock loose and there are a few posts of some being reunited with their missing horses, which was pretty heartwarming.

Last night an elderly gentleman refused to be evacuated and pulled a knife on a deputy who tried to convince him to get into their squad car; he wasn't about to leave without his much loved donkeys, even though his house was on fire.
They managed to get a trailer out there and load up his donkeys; his house was fully engulfed in flames as they drove off.

Mother Nature can be so very harsh....

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Glad you are ok!!

www.koat.com...

Thanks, I'm just glad my renters got out in time. I found them another place in a nearby village and helping out with the household stuff.

Gotta love all the hotshots and forest service people that did all they could.

That's awesome that you were able to help them! It's times like this that can bring out the very best in human nature.

There are so many big and small fires all around us that there just aren't enough firefighters to cover them all, but everyday citizens and farmers are doing their best to take up the slack.

It's amazing to watch! Sad, but amazing and I'm pretty proud of our community members.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Is the fire danger pretty much over now there in your area?

Did people lose any livestock or grazing land for their animals or their crops?

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Is the fire danger pretty much over now there in your area?

Did people lose any livestock or grazing land for their animals or their crops?

Not yet, Ricky. Many outbuildings and homes have been lost along with livestock and pets. FEMA got onboard yesterday, and there is now air support fighting the fire plus a lot more resources and manpower.

It's over 26,000 acres now, zero % contained....but it's moved away from our town. Baring the high winds which are predicted for Monday and Tuesday we are in the clear, and with the amount of resources we now have I expect/hope by tomorrow afternoon all the little towns in its path will be safe.

There are a lot of fair grounds in our area that are sheltering animals that were able to be evacuated and quite a few shelters for all of the people that have been displaced, but things are looking so much better.

We have goats, horses and cows sheltered at our schools playground that I would love to go visit, but the air quality isn't very favorable to going outside right now. We're running two HEPA filters inside; so glad we have them!

Thanks for checking up on us, Ricky!

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Prayers. God bless. We should all be praying pretty well around the clock now.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Good to hear it has stayed away from your town. Stay safe.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xXxxKonspiracyxxXx

Thank you!

F2d5thCavv2 Our town has been spared! The fire grew to 36,000 acres last noight so it not over yet for the other small towns, sadly.... but there are planes dropping fire retardent on towns and helicopters dropping buckets of water.

High winds predicted for Monday and Tuesady, so hopefully they'll make good progress throughout today!

It's just sad we had to turn the command over to FEMA before resources and support could be brought in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join