It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't believe I did that

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 06:43 AM
link   
My Son got a new job that pays $8 more per hour than his last, so as kind of an attaboy ! I bought new headlights for his truck. The old ones are frosted over and he was going to get them himself, but I told him I'll get'em and we'll come up to put them in and it'll give us a chance to visit and go see my FIL while we're there.

I also have a bumper crop of everything this year, so I had tomatoes, cucumbers, banana peppers, green beans, sweet corn etc.. I made some bread and butter pickles, so I was taking a couple of jars for my Son and FIL.

We also have a 40 lb bag of dogfood that my dog can't eat because we discovered he's allergic to chicken, so we had that in the truck too and we'll give that to my Daughter for her dog.

The whole point of the trip was to take the headlights and get them put in, the rest was " as long as we're going ".

Everything is loaded up and we're an hour away from home, when I start thinking " Did I bring the right tools to change the..... OMG !! HEADLIGHTS !! I FORGOT THE DAMN HEADLIGHTS !"

So, we turned around, came home and we're going to try again today. I'll probably forget to put pants on, but I bet I have those headlights.
edit on 24-7-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

tsk tsk

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Getting old is not for the weak. LOL

I generally walk out into the yard or garden at least every other day, and forget something.
Scissors, basket, Hose.

Whatever was central to what I was actually going to do.

Have fun with your visit though!

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I think it's a common guy thing; you're brains don't stress over all the little things in life like wonen's are known to do.

My best half now asks me to mke him a list, but he can check his list several times and his brain will still magically erase one or more items.

The polite term for women is 'detail oriented' which sounds soo much better than 'petty'.

I hope you had a nice drive, and have a good visit with family today!
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I do that walking from one room to the next.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Oh, my Wife is having a wonderful time with this. She'll walk into the room and say "Your name is David and I'm your wife, remember ? "

I got her back though. I said "I forgot what you look like naked, refresh my memory"

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Bummer.

I love it when I go to the grocery store and forget my wallet.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Look Mr. Biden, it's best if you write things down from now on. Like on little note cards. And if you need pictures, use them too.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Bummer.

Halfway into an 8 hour trip hubby realized he forgot his wallet. All the way back home, ransacked the house for 2 hours-finally found it sitting on the console in the car.

Men pay attention to different details than women do. Hubby assesses our surroundings and notices anything or anybody that may pose a potential threat; I notice whether that somebody is wearing too much aftershave, needs a haircut, has excessive table muscles and should invest in bigger sized clothing, etc.

We need each other.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I can totally relate to you. Many times I've paid for things in a shop and forgot to pick them up having to be reminded as I walked away from the check out. But with me it's numbers, you can tell me a few numbers normally 4 digits for the bank card and within a few steps I've forgotten them, even down to trying to keep repeating them. But, I can remember my clock in number from 50 years ago.
As an aside am I the only one that see an erect penis shadow over the OPs title or am I going ga ga?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I got up one morning years ago...

Found my kettle in the fridge and my milk where the kettle should be.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I can totally relate to you. Many times I've paid for things in a shop and forgot to pick them up having to be reminded as I walked away from the check out. But with me it's numbers, you can tell me a few numbers normally 4 digits for the bank card and within a few steps I've forgotten them, even down to trying to keep repeating them. But, I can remember my clock in number from 50 years ago.
As an aside am I the only one that see an erect penis shadow over the OPs title or am I going ga ga?

My father has dementia. The other day, I was sitting at the table with him, and he was talking and smiling. Then he asked me who I was. I told him, and started telling him about his life. All of it seemed totally new to him. Then I mentioned his army service. He immediately said he remembered that, and rattled off his serial number. He still had no idea who I was after that. Later in the day, after a nap, he knew me. So memory is a fickle thing.
edit on 24-7-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   

We live in a small village in the mountains. The town were we do commerce is about an hour away by vehicle. I left to go into town a few days ago, got about 15 minutes out and realised that I hadn't grabbed my wallet. No money. No cards. Nada.

Sometimes our minds are so vast that some things get lost in them. At least, that's the way I see it.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

We live in a small village in the mountains. The town were we do commerce is about an hour away by vehicle. I left to go into town a few days ago, got about 15 minutes out and realised that I hadn't grabbed my wallet. No money. No cards. Nada.

Sometimes our minds are so vast that some things get lost in them. At least, that's the way I see it.

my wife makes me do that all the time. it's just what women do. You know how they are.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

my wife makes me do that all the time. it's just what women do. You know how they are.

Oh, yeah. Wasn't gonna tell any stories on the missus as that's normal for her.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Bummer.

I’ve forgotten my wallet at the store…

And my phone…

And my tablet…

And my keys…

(Different days, but still left them all at various times and had to go back.)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

meant, she makes me forget my wallet all the time. She's sneaky, and I have not figured out how she does it, but I know it's not me, so it has to be her.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I was going to say something witty but my wife won't let me...

new topics

top topics

join