It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we living in the Hunger Games society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If you type into your browser from number 1 to number 30, you will see almost on every page right at the top, death.. either someone stabbed, someone shot, someone killed in car crash, somene runover, attempted murder and so on...

Top headline on every page!

I do this every day from 1 to 30... for Microsoft points ha ha... and see these headlines everyday... since last couple years when began gaining points this way but probably been the headlines way before that..

What is going on in society? Are some people playing the Hunger Games? Is Hunger Games Books and films responsible for warping peoples minds?Was Hunger Games a look into the future when it was written?

Or..

Has it always been like this, we just didn't get the news fast enough back in the day, like we do now on the Internet?

I remember when the net didn't exist... reading daily newspapers... but do not remember reading about all this death on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Would you rather live in a modern society or medieval times where you went to impale someone because they killed your father? How about Wild West justice?

The past was pretty damn brutal and the only person who protected you was YOU.

People are generally safer now than ever in history, but the MSM gotta get views right? So they'll pump out every shocking story they can get their hands on like a lab rat on amphetamines.

Don't believe everything you read or see through media. It's their job to overwhelm and bombard us with chills and thrills.

edit on 24-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have no proof but believe that world overall as an average is in fact improving along the lines of becoming less violent with the usual pockets of extreme violence popping up.

The world seems more violent then ever before because many acts of violence are recorded for your pleasure now in both video and news.

Where as before the violence happened far away and you had no idea because you had enough violence at home to worry about.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Really? you think it's less violent now, than it was 25/30 years ago??

i dn't believe so. i know we have the internet now where news travels faster but even back then, you could walk around without fear of being attaked by someone out of the blue for no reason in some cases! I don't have fear when walking about but fear is definitely out there with the aount of murders on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

It is like Medieval times though... thats the thread! People being killed on a daily basis, some for just being in the wrong place.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I live in District 4. I'm waiting for the games to begin. We're just warming up.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I said violence over all not violence where you live.

Walking by yourself at any other time in history save for the last 150 would have been an extremely dangerous activity and even in the time periods you seem to have nostalgia for. Its not that bad things didn’t happen to people it’s that bad things happened and no one knew.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think many parts of the USA are more dangerous now than they were 30-40 yrs ago.
Places that were deemed safe are now question marks..and question mark areas are now downright dangerous.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I see it as both society and information.

People used to have more distance between them. Now there is more opportunity to meet up with someone that for what ever reason, wants something from you or just wants you to go away. This leads to attacks simply form more oppertunity. Then there is the need for filling the time daily that used to the be filled more productively. The entertainment has gone down hill by having to fill all those cable channels and streams. The news has become just another form of entertainment. This causes the news to inflate any story of attack or unrest to just get noticed with all the sources available now.

I am not saying that violence is increasing everywhere. But in some places it is and that is what the news is focusing on.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Yes, I suppose you're right that things happened back then that nobody knew about... true... but still nowhere near as much as now.

I'd say mainly because populations have got larger and Cities/Towns have become more cramped!

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So the problem is people then not violence?

new topics

top topics

join