It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrothermal explosion at Biscuit Basin in Yellowstone National Park (7/23/24)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ABC

YELLOWSTONE - A hydrothermal explosion Tuesday morning is prompting a temporary closure at Biscuit Basin at Yellowstone National Park. The explosion occurred around 10:09 a.m. near Sapphire Pool in Biscuit Basin, north of Old Faithful, according to a social media post by Yellowstone National Park. Temporary closures are in place at Biscuit Basin, including the parking lot and boardwalks, for safety concerns, but Grand Loop Road remains open. There are no reported injuries, and the degree of damage is uncertain at this time.

Here are several videos on Twitter

Does not appear anyone seriously hurt, thank God.

Explosion took visitors to the park by surprise.

Here is YouTube:

Here is normal:

edit on 23-7-2024 by pianopraze because: Adding info

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

wow, people were looking at is like it was suppose to do that, then realized it was not normal. That was wild.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Anyone have super volcano on their 2024 bingo card?

The beast may be awakening from its slumber.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see what Yellowstone Volcano Observatory has to say about this. Nothing on their site as of this post.

originally posted by: pianopraze
Does not appear anyone seriously hurt, thank God.

Indeed. Any of that (pretty large looking) rocks and debris blown out of the steam/dirt cloud could've easily been fatal. Reminder that, while astonishingly beautiful, Yellowstone IS still a supervolcano with non-trivial energy under the surface!
edit on 23-7-2024 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

You never know when a giant puff of poisonous gas is going to go either - those people were very lucky

Everyday is a gift - some need to be reminded

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Holy crap
But also, wow, how cool. In a thermal geyser sort of way..

I think the biscuits are done man.

This park is in a volcano, so not entirely surprising!

I was in Yosemite many years ago when a rock formation “exfoliated “
Meaning a giant slab popped off the formation , I think it was call Three Sisters?

I could only hear a thunderous sound, and saw white dust shooting up in the air as it tumbled into the valley.
Stomped the the accelerator of the junk rental car, and still a bicycle rider passed me in a panic.

No one hurt, it was such an “earth versus puny human” feeling. You just run, and hope it’s the right direction.

edit on 23-7-2024 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

i was thinking the same thing, the Caldera is about to blow.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Being in a Park people forget or don't realize all those features are still active.
Been there, was bored beyond belief at having to look at another reeking thermal feature. The "smell'o vision was gosh awful!

The highlight of the trip was joining a tourist jam to see a moose & calf.
Watching the adults screaming at a couple of guys skinny dipping about 50ft away in the brush from the Moose was impressive. They thought everyone on the road was kidding.
Mom did a awesome job of trying to cover our eyes with her hands. Three kids, two hands do the math.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I do worry about the Yellowstone caldera, fascinating no one was killed it did some significant damage.
I am curious as to how the water was prior (in video talking about it, looks like a clear high mountain lake!

Well if Yellowstone does blow it would take out ATS headquarters which reminds me I need to drop by and see if they are still serving from there!

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Hope that's not the parents running off ahead of that wee kid at the back. A Force Majeure moment

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

That would be best news ever.........no more crappy elections. Only Mexico would survive.....(their elections don't count).

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Therealbeverage
I do worry about the Yellowstone caldera, fascinating no one was killed it did some significant damage.
I am curious as to how the water was prior (in video talking about it, looks like a clear high mountain lake!

Well if Yellowstone does blow it would take out ATS headquarters which reminds me I need to drop by and see if they are still serving from there!

I live in Georgia, USA. It is predicted to have 3 to 6 inches of ash on my roof if that one blows. I don't think anyone will be worrying about ATS for a few years after that.

First priority is to get the ash off the roof before it rains. Dry ash is not too heavy for the roof at 6 inches but wet ash...

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Kamala Harris immediately blamed Trump for it. It was his fault it blew.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Geysers can have blockages when the minerals that build up in the shafts break off and clog it until the pressure builds up enough to act like an eruption. Old Faithful had some problems a while back before it stabilized but this was a major one for sure.

People were lucky and I bet they build that walkway a bit farther away!!

new topics

top topics

join