It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Secret Service Counter Sniper that Neutralized Threat To Trump Fired?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Heard this report from a friend while we were discussing the Trump rally assassination attempt. Thought I'd take a closer look at it and see if I could confirm it. Performed a few web searches and was unable to find any press on it, whether confirming or debunking, which I thought was odd.

Makes me think the story was scrubbed. Regardless, I'm certainly curious to determine the source of this rumor, and see whether or not there is any truth to it. If true, it is an important piece of the narrative that should not be overlooked.

The story that was related to me was that the counter sniper had Crooks in his sights for a minute or more prior to the start of shooting. Knew crooks was armed, asked permission to take the shot, and was told to stand down. In that type of scenario, so the tale was related to me, there are two sets of circumstances in which the counter sniper would be authorized to fire: superiors authorized it upon his request, or shots had been fired by the shooter.

This fits the known circumstances of the incident. Shots were fired by the shooter, so the counter sniper quickly took action, having already lined the shot up. This can be seen in early raw footage videos, that the counter sniper almost instantly returned fire.

Anyhow, supposedly the agent made a Reddit post about it, and was subsequently fired. This is pretty messed up in my opinion, if true. The man may have saved Mr. Trump's life, but regardless did his job well. He should be getting a medal and a cash award, not walking papers.

I don't know if the story is true, but it intrigued me enough to make this thread about it. Help, ATS! Has anyone seen this story confirmed or debunked? Haven't seen any threads on it here yet either, but if there is one and I somehow missed it, mods please close and delete this thread and kindly direct me to the ongoing discussion.

What do you think? Can anyone help me confirm or debunk this story? Please help.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: badcabbie

If he was fired, it might have been because he made the easy shot at assassin-wannabe too hard. He made it a "one in a million" achievement. Good grief. Crooks hit his target too.

One in a million lucky shot: www.foxnews.com...

Where have all the "real men" gone?

edit on 2172024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I saw the Reddit post and I am pretty sure it was someone playing games.

The original post was supposedly a local police sniper who told everyone that he was told to stand down a few times, when the shots happened he was told to stand down again, fired anyway and then later was apprehended by the FBI and arrested.

THAT one would have had to have a confirmation... an OK to fire.

The second post was the same story by someone who claimed to be a SS sniper with roughly the same story and it ended with him being fired.

THAT one had the authority to just take the shot and it would get sorted out later so that is BS... he would have not been given a stand down order.

I think both are BS but it is Reddit soOo...

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Huh? One in a million? What do you mean? I agree with you that it was probably not a difficult shot for the counter sniper to have made. It's a good thing that he was able to almost immediately return fire, but I don't understand the reference to "one in a million". I'm assuming then that there has been media coverage of this aspect of the story that I have missed to which you are referring. Please elaborate.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You know that "Heard from a friend", is right down there with "had this idea".
Sources or this is not going to go far. Interesting fiction.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   

it is a supposed fake story,

An anonymous online post by an author who describes himself as Jonathan Willis and says he is the U.S. Secret Service sniper who killed the suspect in the assassination attempt of Donald Trump has been shared widely online, but an agent by that name does not exist, according to a U.S. Secret Service spokesperson.
The July 14 post , opens new tab on the anonymous online message forum 4chan said: “My name is Jonathan Willis, I'm the officer in the famous photo of the two snipers on the roof at Trump's rally. I came here to inform the public that I had the assassin in my sights for at least 3 minutes, but the head of the secret service refused to give the order to take out the perp. 100% the top brass prevented me from killing the assassin before he took the shots at president Trump.”
Fact Check: ‘Jonathan Willis’ is not a Secret Service employee, says spokesperson

and according to CBS news the sniper seen over and over again wasn't the one who took the shot that killed crooks, even though there is video of him firing.

i've posted links to the CBS report in another thread give me a couple and i'll find it.

here ya go,

The tree, located between the shooter and the sniper team closest to him, may have impaired the team's line of sight as the gunman climbed onto the roof from where he fired multiple rounds. That sniper team, which was positioned on a roof over Trump's right shoulder, did not fire the shot that killed the gunman, two federal law enforcement officials told CBS News.

A U.S. Secret Service sniper stationed in a building behind the former president fired one round, killing the gunman, according to multiple law enforcement officials. Two federal law enforcement officers told CBS News the Secret Service team that ultimately killed the shooter was located on a building behind Trump's left shoulder — with a view that was not blocked by the tree, the CBS analysis shows. That team was initially directed to go another way, so the snipers had to reorient themselves before taking down the gunman, CBS News' Charlie de Mar reported.

Tree may have blocked sniper team's view of Trump rally gunman, maps show

edit on 21-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Here's an Unconfirmed Question to Ask here . Was Crooks Actually " Taken Out " by that SS Countrer Sniper , or was Crooks " Taken Out " by a yet Unknown Third Party ?

edit on 21-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
You know that "Heard from a friend", is right down there with "had this idea".
Sources or this is not going to go far. Interesting fiction.

Well if you had bothered to read and understand the OP Bubba, you would know that I made this thread precisely to source this story for the purposes of attempting to confirm or deny it. You might also take note that this thread was created in the "Dissecting Disinformation" forum, a forum in which a thread attempting to determine the veracity of a story would fit. With that in mind, do you have anything that might actually be useful to contribute to the discussion?

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: badcabbie

Huh? One in a million? What do you mean? I agree with you that it was probably not a difficult shot for the counter sniper to have made. It's a good thing that he was able to almost immediately return fire, but I don't understand the reference to "one in a million". I'm assuming then that there has been media coverage of this aspect of the story that I have missed to which you are referring. Please elaborate.

I can't elaborate more than the articles saying the Secret Service shooter made a "One In A Million Lucky Shot" when he hit Crooks with one bullet.

THIS Article: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 2172024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Here's an Unconfired Question to Ask here . Was Crooks Actually " Taken Out " by that SS Countrer Sniper , or was Crooks " Taken Out " by a yet Unknown Third Party ?

Intriguing question ZM. Perhaps...I like to try and keep an open mind about things. I think truth can often be stranger than fiction. I can read about it from available sources, but it's mostly through a glass darkly I suppose. I wasn't there, but even if I had been that doesn't make me all-seeing. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The BIG CONSEQUENTIAL NEWS is that President Joe Biden's Secret Service DENIED MULTIPLE REQUESTS from Trump's team for additional security measures.

www.breitbart.com...

I hope Congress shares with us what the Secret Service Director said, after her appearance before Jim Jordan's Judiciary Committee tomorrow (7.22.2024).

More on Tomorrow's hearing: www.bbc.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I saw the Reddit post and I am pretty sure it was someone playing games.

The original post was supposedly a local police sniper who told everyone that he was told to stand down a few times, when the shots happened he was told to stand down again, fired anyway and then later was apprehended by the FBI and arrested.

THAT one would have had to have a confirmation... an OK to fire.

The second post was the same story by someone who claimed to be a SS sniper with roughly the same story and it ended with him being fired.

THAT one had the authority to just take the shot and it would get sorted out later so that is BS... he would have not been given a stand down order.

I think both are BS but it is Reddit soOo...

Sounds like it probably started on 4chan, then they took the routine over to Reddit, or perhaps vice versa. No confirmation from better sources that you could see then? I couldn't find anything in a few searches for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I guess I dd see the fact check headline in my search results. That was the only reference to anything resembling this story that I saw though.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The Highest Ground that day was the Water Tower . A Shooter there would have had the Best View to Take Out Crooks on that Roof . The Only Photo Released of a Deceased Crooks was a Front View of his Face . The Water Tower was Behind his Location on that Roof , and a Shooter there with a Scoped Rifle and an unimpeded view could have Shot Crooks in the BACK of his Skull . If that was the Case , it would Explain why More Information has not been released by the F.B.I. about that yet .

edit on 21-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The Highest Ground that day was the Water Tower . A Shooter there would have had the Best View to Take Out Crooks on that Roof . The Only Photo Released of a Deceased Crooks was a Front View of his Face . The Water Tower was Behind his Location on that Roof , and a Shooter there with an unimpeded view could have Shot Crooks in the BACK of his Skull . If that was the Case , it would Explain why More Information has not been released by the F.B.I. about that yet .

There are also at least ten people from the ralley who claim they saw someone on the water tower with a rifle.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The Thing about the Government is they cannot Keep Secrets Forever . If the F.B.I. Investigation of the Attempt on Mr. Trump's Life is Not Forthcoming with more Detailed Information in a Reasonable amount of Time then a FOIA Request should be Made BEFORE the Election in Nov . by Mr. Trump himself .

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: nugget1

Interesting thoughts guys, thanks for sharing.

originally posted by: WeMustCare
The BIG CONSEQUENTIAL NEWS is that President Joe Biden's Secret Service DENIED MULTIPLE REQUESTS from Trump's team for additional security measures.

www.breitbart.com...

I hope Congress shares with us what the Secret Service Director said, after her appearance before Jim Jordan's Judiciary Committee tomorrow (7.22.2024).

More on Tomorrow's hearing: www.bbc.com...

I agree that this is a big deal and also very telling. Should be interesting to see what comes of it. I'm expecting the typical deep state double standard will be applied to it. If it were anybody else besides Trump and his family everybody would be screaming bloody murder, but since it's Trump they'll probably try to dismiss it offhand as no big deal. Disgusting!

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Well, the only point to be made it is pure conjecture until it gets validation. I have nothing against your attempt to bring out the story, but this is exactly one of the many wild ideas floating around that have no official acknowledgement and become conspiracies. There are too many of them.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:26 AM
link   

That just looks like propaganda trying to offset criticism of the overall security failure.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Reddit as a source is just a little bit more trustworthy than CNN or MSNBC ... which ain't sayin' much.

In fact, it ain't sayin' nothin'.

So, no, I can't take it seriously for a second if it was based on a post somebody made on Reddit.

<<   2 >>

join