It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone feeling Eminem in 2024?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Been a die hard fan since I heard ‘My fault’ at a friends house back in the day… around 1999- 2000 period. I always used to hate rap music til Eminem came along… bunch of suburban white boys rolling around blasting that s# like they could relate. But Eminem changed all that and now his back.

I’m always hesitant to listen when he comes with something new, because the dudes just obviously milking it at this point and I’m always worried his gonna ruin his legacy. But this song just popped up on my YouTube feed… appropriate, is how I’d describe it.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My eyesight is bad tonight. I opened this thread because I thought it was about enemas.

Does that mean I don't give a crap about this subject now?

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   
While I won't say he is the GOAT, he is definitely deserves a Top 5 spot. I'm impressed how he has been able to evolve his rap style over the years. I first heard him back in '98 before for he got signed on the Rawkus Records Soundbombing II mix tape.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Whether or not he’s the GOAT, he trailblazer paths for new segments of rap.

The game was changed under him.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Pretty sure he has out sold and out streamed everyone in the game at this point. The gunniest part about his stream plays...most of his music dropped before stream plays started being counted...and he still has the most for any rapper. GOAT or not...that sure says he can donsomething better than the rest.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Meh.

He was good in D12 and is certainly lyrical...

But I prefer my rappers have an independent label so they can do what the really want to do.

"They" missed.

edit on 100000007America/Chicago7pmFri, 19 Jul 2024 23:35:40 -050035 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I mean, not gonna say his bad, his alright, I guess. Maybe it’s just all that ink that has rotted his brain though.

Eminem rarely gets political, but on the rare occasion he did he knocked it out of the park.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yeah, who could forget M an Ms greatest movie roll.....

You hate me cau's I'm black!.

Man, said like a pro.....I think it was Scary movie 1 or 2, something like that. Ah the Great Wayans Brothers.....miss ya fellas.

Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppp!

M an Ms best song.....

Parental guidance recommended.

Who's got the longest yard?

edit on 20-7-2024 by gort69 because: wrong clip

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   
He went from edgy counter culture to sellout establishment b!tch, kind of like Stern.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 04:58 AM
link   

He definitely murders a rhyme one word at a time hehe.

I like Eminem I think the rap scene would be so empty without him.

I like Mobb Deep, my favorite rap song is Never Scared by Bone Crusher. I jam that on the way to work almost every day. Gotta psych myself up for the bs.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
One of the greatest rappers of my generation. But a f'ing moron politically. I bet there is an Epstine/Diddy video of him out there somewhere. He has certainly been compromised that's for sure...

Eminem rapping about how Candice Owens "forgot she is black" for having a different political view makes him look like an absolute idiot. He's basically propagating the "uncle tom" trope which technically makes him as bad as the people he's always dissing.

He WAS a great rapper. Now he's part of the system he talked trash about for a decade.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No, I've lost all respect for him since he did his whole "kneeling in solidarity" thing during performances around the 2020 "summer of love" rioting. Also I understand he just put out a song with Kid Cudi encouraging people to wear their masks lol he's a clown these days

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

join