It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with Pastor John Hagee?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I started watching this movie from 1998 called Vanished. It is about the rapture/tribulation/end times and there is this chunky little cute man I guess you could say narrating it.

Anyways when I read the description of this movie the genre said drama and the plot summary said "Pastor John Hagee explains the mysterious vanishing of millions across the earth and whisks us into the period of tribulation." I'm into Bible prophecy so why not.

I got into the movie because it's actually pretty good and suddenly i get interested in this chunky man narrating and I had no idea that Pastor John Hagee was a real person. I guess I figured he was just like a character in the movie.

So I look up Pastor John Hagee and find he is not only a real person but some interesting things he has been up to. I just thought I would share this because don't judge a book by it's cover. Chunky little cute man could be part of something bigger.

forward.com...

Hagee is not some fringe religious wacko. For 20 years, he has built CUFI into the largest (at 8 million members), most-funded and most powerful “pro-Israel” organization in America — dwarfing AIPAC, J Street, and others. House Speaker Mike Johnson spoke to CUFI during the “fly-in.” (He has also fast-tracked the package of aid to Israel that he had previously stalled, though this is likely as much a response to Iran’s attack as to any lobbying effort.)

But CUFI has its own, unique agenda for Israel, which has little to do with the interests of Jews, religious or secular. (Indeed, many CUFI figures have made shockingly antisemitic statements.) It wants Jews to move to Israel to hasten the End Times and bring the Second Coming of Christ. Don’t take my word for it; Hagee wrote all of this in his bestselling 2005 book Jerusalem Countdown. As Abraham Foxman, then national director of the Anti-Defamation League, told the Forward in 2015, “It is for their own salvation, not for Jewish salvation; it’s so they will see the Second Coming of the Messiah. A campaign of Christians to send Jews to Israel is morally offensive.” 

He is spending a lot of people's money on this stuff too.

Christian Zionists have also been longtime funders of Israel’s extreme far right. Between 2001 and 2015, the John Hagee Foundation donated over $58 million to far-right Israeli organizations, including settlements and Im Tirtzu, an extreme nationalist group that, at the time, literally demonized Israeli progressives (depicting Knesset member Naomi Chazan with horns), helped pass anti-NGO laws in Israel and led a yearslong campaign against the New Israel Fund

I dont have an opinion on this because I am definitely not Jewish I have no idea of anything about this but I just thought wow this little guy is doing some stuff behind the scenes this is wild. Thought I'd share it.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   
He pushes the false Rapture cult.
It was invented in the mid 1800s by failed Anglican priest Nelson Darby.
It's feel good crap that isn't biblical.
The believers in it twist scripture to try to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Don't bother with the guy.
Anyone pushing 'pre trib rapture' will just screw up your thinking.

Scripture says - Those who endure to the end will be saved.
Matthew 24:13

There is no easy out. Everyone tribulates.
Life sucks and then you die.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I have always had the opinion that Hagee is somewhat of a con man.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I know of Hagee and have for years. My family lived in San Antonio for 30 years, where Hagee is based. They have no respect for him.

That said: here is the absolutely best take on the rapture (pre-millennialism: post-millennialism, etc.) and end times I have ever heard.

Pan-millennialism

This theory says:

When the end of the world happens
it will all pan out as God
wants it to.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I feel like a lot of what goes on in these mainstream religion churches is feel good crap. I don't know though I'm not a Bible expert or anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

People like this are the reason I refuse to belong to any organized religion. They can spout Bible verses all day, but in the end they're just looking for money.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

People like this are the reason I refuse to belong to any organized religion. They can spout Bible verses all day, but in the end they're just looking for money.

I believe there is some kind of entity they refer to as god...but I do not believe in Religion, because religion is a belief system that is created by man most times. I am more into believing god is the god of all living things, we do not control god, a collective consciousness with the power derived from all living things is sort of what I consider god. God does not belong to a certain religious group...it is the other way around.

I also do not believe god looks like us, that is totally made up. A cat? Yeah, I can see god being a cat, our cat believes she is the head of our household...Oh oh, got to go give her a treat, she is looking at me like I am a bad servant when I am wasting time typing I could be getting her a treat.
edit on 19-7-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
John Hagee is allowed to continue on in his mission because he serves a purpose; once he no longer is needed to push the agenda 'de jour' he will be exposed jsut as those before him were.

Jim Bakker and Ted Haggard are just a couple of the mighty that have fallen from grace, but not until they were a couple of the wealthiest, most influential preachers of their day.

Once the programming propaganda become too evident they have to replace the old programmers with someone new, lest people begin to think for themselves instead of letting others tell them what to believe.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
John Hagee is allowed to continue on in his mission because he serves a purpose; once he no longer is needed to push the agenda 'de jour' he will be exposed jsut as those before him were.

Jim Bakker and Ted Haggard are just a couple of the mighty that have fallen from grace, but not until they were a couple of the wealthiest, most influential preachers of their day.

Once the programming propaganda become too evident they have to replace the old programmers with someone new, lest people begin to think for themselves instead of letting others tell them what to believe.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

1Th 4:17  ThenG1899 weG2249 which are aliveG2198 and remainG4035 shall be caught upG726 togetherG260 withG4862 themG846 inG1722 the clouds,G3507 to meetG1519 G529 theG3588 LordG2962 inG1519 the air:G109 andG2532 soG3779 shall we everG3842 beG2071 withG4862 the Lord.G2962 

G726
ἁρπάζω
harpazō
har-pad'-zo
From a derivative of G138; to seize (in various applications): - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).
Total KJV occurrences: 13

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: FlyersFan

1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

G726
ἁρπάζω
harpazō
har-pad'-zo
From a derivative of G138; to seize (in various applications): - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).
Total KJV occurrences: 13

Event #1 The rapture ^^^

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Event #2 The second coming of Jesus -

Zechariah chapter 14:

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
About 30-35 years ago, I happened to catch one or three of his Sundays programs.
Not a fan or anything, but I do credit him with broadcasting the terms New World or One World Order.
So, he gets some credit for my turning to Conspiracy Theories.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: [post =27431401]Shoshanna[/post]

It wants Jews to move to Israel to hasten the End Times and bring the Second Coming of Christ.

I have read numerous books that describe the activities that go on underneath public awareness concerning Rapturest Christians, all to hasten the Second Coming. Though not a Christian my self I recall that there are certain requirements that Christian point to the Bible as saying what must happen before this event. Hagee's activities are only one aspect of the things that are accepted as needed for Jesus to return. As your quotes point out in he case of Speaker Johnson, the tendrals of this movement often reach high in to places of secular power.. Another was when Trump had the US Embassy to Israel moved to Jerusalem. I think that was no arbitrary decision on his part, it was done at the behest of Rapturests .

A book I read in 1995 was titled ''Thy Will Be Done:: The Conquest of the Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil''. It pointed out that one of the things that many believed from the Bible was that the'' word'' must be heard by everone before He would come again. So, one of the people, a man named Townsend went to work selling Bibles to help usher in this spreading of the Word. So that Jesus could come again and he could be Raptured.

Where he was trying to sell the book though he found people with no interest because they did not know English. Or any other well known language the Bible had been printed in. So he endeavored to go into Latin America and discover tribes of people, learn their languages so that he could spread the word. Soon, he opened a school of Christian linguists, trained them in the tribal languages and had them go out and learn more languages so that they too could spread the word.

But as noble as this can sound to some, this came with a price. That price was that this group became the go to group of translators for, as the title of the book points out, Big Oil corporations. Along with oil, sugar and rubber and other corporate groups followed close behind, stripping the land of resources and tearing local tribes of their homes.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 08:47 PM
link   

there's a reason he's so fat or at least he was last time i saw anything about him. he spends a butt load of the cash he gets from fleecing the flock on groceries.

can anybody say gluttony and greed.

i once heard a story about hagee on am radio one time back in the 90's about drinking, i won't go into the story due to the fact i can't remember the name of the show, and can't look it up to see if the story might be archived. i will say it implied he liked tequila, both the song and the spirit.

edit on 19-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
a reply to: FlyersFan

I feel like a lot of what goes on in these mainstream religion churches is feel good crap. I don't know though I'm not a Bible expert or anything.

You are exactly right! You say you aren't a Bible expert but yet you can clearly see what's going on in mainstream churches better than people who sit on pews every Sunday.

This is why I currently do not attend a church of any kind. I do believe the Bible and what it says about making a choice to accept Jesus and turn one's life around. This, according to Jesus, is the only point of religion - salvation. Many churches these days just offer a motivational speech and some loud music.

Sadly, I have been to several churches that do not even mention end times events, the message of salvation, Heaven/Hell, nor do they even have an alter call at the end in case someone might wish to talk to someone or turn their life over to Christ. One of the last two churches I tried going to began with strobe lights and ultra loud music like a concert (I never went back for those motivational messages). And during a Wednesday evening service at the last church I attended, the pastor said what we wear (suits and dress clothes only - no t-shirts) is being righteous! Wrong!! Jesus said not to worry about what we will eat or drink, or what we wear. It's not about that.

There are still some true, good churches out there somewhere but yes - you need to give yourself credit for knowing what's up.

(post by Therealbeverage removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's a bit of a cop-out approach to understanding the great benefits of belonging to a religious order of some sort.

Simply to claim that a few bad apples ruin the whole basket for you is naive & lazy. What you should do is keep searching until you find a decent little local church that believes in Christ fervently, operates in the spiritual gifts, and denies that prosperity gospel or pre-tribulation rapture philosophy is of any real worth in the Christian walk.

Question: Do you actually believ in the salvation offered by Christ? Because if you do, your spiritual growth will only happen to the measure God wants for you if you commit yourself to discipleship & accountability within a sturdy local congregation that loves you & whom you love in return. A few bad apples do not ruin the whole batch, because God's Spirit protection is upon those churches who do operate correctly, so they cannot be corrupted by those corrupting influences, such as Hagee in this instance.

Stating that all religion is bad just because of the false prophets (whom Jesus forewarned us regarding) is lazy, and I think you should put a bit more effort into finding a community that worships in the way you like, with correct Biblical approach to their theology, messaging & activities. There are many styles of worship, but ultimately all true churches believe the same things. You just have to filter out the dross that has crept to the surface of the Christian refinery of souls.

top topics

join