It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow The Money - Betting Odds On The Presidency

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Yea, I don’t think he brings a lot of energy to the table.

But ultimately a VP isn’t hugely consequential.

I think they’re struggling with their overall messaging, which shouldn’t be geared to just their base.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Vance is the least liked VP candidate in history. He's literally brought nothing to the campaign other than to be labeled as a couch f***er.

His crowds are in the triple digits if he's lucky. He's failing so badly that his NC event has been canceled. Hell, Trump called an impromptu event at MAL today to try and salvage anything for this week.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

"Vance - you're fired. Get outta here!"?

Perhaps?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Trump can hold himself in line for very short periods of time - but a whole campaign? No.
He doesn't have the emotional intelligence to be able to handle any criticism.
Frankly the punching back thing he has going on is really boring.
I used to think he was a bit of fresh air and i still KNOW that the leftist media lie constantly about him, but honestly, when I hear him now... i do cringe at some of his answers to questions and some of the ridiculous stuff he comes out with that might have been a bit funny the first time, but now sound really rather pathetic.

There are still those that can't see any fault in him and those people are in for some disappointment in November.

edit on 8/8/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Threadbarer

"Vance - you're fired. Get outta here!"?

Perhaps?

I actually think Vance is a bit of a throwback to politicians in the US BEFORE it became a circus.
It's Trump who should fire himself because ANY decent candidate beats Harris/Walz.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It would be a risky play that would probably hurt the campaign more than keeping Vance around. It would raise questions about Trump's decision making abilities which would inevitably lead to questions about cognitive impairment due to his age.

The problem is that Trump is good for maybe one event a week and even then his energy levels clearly aren't what that one were. So he needs someone on the campaign trail representing him to counter Harris' near constant events. Unfortunately for Trump, Vance is terrible at it.

It wouldn't be so bad if Trump had any kind of ground game, but he doesn't. He has almost no field offices and his ads are near non-existent.

While Vance is hurting the campaign, I think the questions that get raised by getting rid of Vance are much more dangerous. Plus, keeping Vance around gives Trump a convenient scapegoat when he loses.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's Trump who should fire himself because ANY decent candidate beats Harris/Walz.

He’d only have himself to blame too.

Even with how many despise him, even left leaning outlets were talking about the coming landslide after the debate. Since he was more composed, those pieces even lacked a lot of the seethe.

If he does lose, I hope people recognize the symptom is the race to the bottom style of politics. There is just too much miscalculation to discount. Even my buddy who works for a GOP PAC in DC has said it’s embarrassing with the one step forward two steps back. He said that’s a shared sentiment, although obviously everyone is going to save face to try and prevent the opposition from winning.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

He’d only have himself to blame too.

Even with how many despise him, even left leaning outlets were talking about the coming landslide after the debate. Since he was more composed, those pieces even lacked a lot of the seethe.

If he does lose, I hope people recognize the symptom is the race to the bottom style of politics. There is just too much miscalculation to discount. Even my buddy who works for a GOP PAC in DC has said it’s embarrassing with the one step forward two steps back. He said that’s a shared sentiment, although obviously everyone is going to save face to try and prevent the opposition from winning.

Thats the thing - I would think that many Trump supporters are getting either sick of him or bored with him.
I was a very big supporter of his in 2016 and 2020, and I have not changed my view on how corrupt and disgusting the US political machine has been on persecuting him. Nor have I changed my view that Harris is a massive danger to the world and I am praying she does not get elected.
However NOW, even I can see that Trump is a total moron, not because he is guilty of ANYTHING the corrupt left have accused him of, but because he's not able to control himself and is the single reason right now that the US is heading towards far left oblivion.
That is going to be a disaster for the entire world.
edit on 8/8/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I’m going to leave this here, because I know it would just stir up too much somewhere else.

My biggest problem with Trump is the US, and arguably the world was primed to go against the grain.

In 2016, you had Trump and Sanders, arguably 2 anti establishment candidates leading the race in the US.

Some would say it was unprecedented, but it was actually something that was building up evident by the likes of Perot and Paul.

I can’t completely discount the idea that Trump is somehow in on it. I won’t try and die on that hill, but he has countless pictures with all the players and even used to be a dem. He may do more damage to the anti establishment movement than anyone. Right and left you see people just wishing for “normality”, the very thing that’s been killing the west by a thousand cuts.

I don’t want to lean too much into the theory, because it just very well may be a case of a big ego or power trip. But it pains me to see people aren’t willing to be skeptical of what’s going on at all.
edit on 8-8-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Trump screwed up by not picking Tulsi Gabbard. She’s intelligent, aggressive, loves her country, good debater, ex democrat that left the party because it was a joke and a woman which would’ve helped Trump a lot. I think it would’ve been a slam dunk with her. If not her Vivek.

I’m not a huge Vance fan, I think there was better choices. He’s definitely not as horrible or as stupid as DEI Kamala though. Vance isn’t stupid and if he had to debate KH he’d chew her up, spit her out and make her look like the idiot she is. I think he’d also win a debate against Walz. Walz seems like a phony full of hot air. We’ll have to wait and see how he does.
edit on 8-8-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:59 PM
link   

However NOW, even I can see that Trump is a total moron, not because he is guilty of ANYTHING the corrupt left have accused him of, but because he's not able to control himself.

Yep, no doubt that Trump is his own worst enemy. Someone needs to have a “come to Jesus” meeting with him and reign him in. My biggest fear is that he’ll be a loose cannon at the debates. Even though that’s one of the reasons I like the guy but it does turn a lot of people off. If he can show some restraint and control he’ll be fine. Jabs here and there are fine but you can’t run on them.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Trump can hold himself in line for very short periods of time - but a whole campaign? No.
He doesn't have the emotional intelligence to be able to handle any criticism.

Are you kidding me? Trump has basically been campaigning for the last 12 years.

He handled an eight week trial which was essentially 8 weeks of sure horrific comments -
why do I think he handled it well? His poll numbers went up.

And let's not forget there is probably no greater criticism than a bullet to the head, and
even the hardcore left are in awe of how he handled it.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   

todays odd in Vegas....

www.thelines.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Uno mas Viva Las Vegas....

www.vegasinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

And the polls that track along with betting odds.

Harris leads Trump in 3 States, Times/Sienna Poll Finds

Harris Leads Trump By 5 Points

Polls show Kamala Harris building lead over Trump in 2024 election

Who do independents favor in the presidential election? New poll finds big change

Election 2024 Swing State Polls: Harris Surges Ahead Of Trump In Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Trump trails Harris by 4 points in 3 key swing states: Poll

Kamala Harris Takes Eight Point Lead Over Donald Trump in New Poll

While that's all good news for democrats, their candidate has lost with 83% implied odds before.

The consensus on the right is Harris loses all that momentum when she debates with her word salad debating skills. I am wondering how much of that has become a hope the Kamala Harris they've seen in selectively edited clips shows up. And not this one.

No deer in headlights reaction there.
edit on 10-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So you get a bunch of people to be on Harris with good odds knowing she really will not win. Ever.

Great idea....

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

She will also win Nevada Georgia Arizona
North Carolina is in play

Ever since the convention it’s been a complete disaster for the Trump campaign.
Very poor VP pick and then his complete screw up in handling Harris
She’s giving him a kicking.

Pretty shocking to see it all unfold.

As for the debates, Trump is going to get crushed.
She will just bait him and he’ll fall for it.

After the debates Texas and Florida will be in play.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Current trends...

www.realclearpolling.com...

edit on 11-8-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join