It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope this is BS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I just came across a strange one which shows the sun flashing every four seconds, it was taken through a welding helmet to dim it down a bit.This guy in Canada was quite observant to capture this . It is either happening or it is something to do with the camera that he is taking it on. Three days of darkness coming up ? www.bitchute.com... originally posted on Tic tock

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Various solar phenomena like solar flares and coronal mass ejections can cause sudden increases in brightness but they dont occur at regular intervals like every 4 seconds.

This is more than likely due to an artifact of the observing equipment more than anything else.

As to the 3 days of darkness, our star cannot simply turn off the way that you turn off a light bulb.

Its actually physically impossible for that to happen down to the processes taking place.
edit on 18-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Word on the street is that they messed up the refresh rate on some led arrays on the led sun they put in place during the last eclipse...

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Could it be an overexposure warning? Things tend to flash and blink when they're low on power. That said, could it possibly be a low battery indicator? 🤔🤷🏻

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

If it was a low battery indicator wouldn't the whole image flash? I dont know but the guy seems genuine. Though I would post it for some input. I did a search and there are a few posting a few years back where it was flashing but a lot faster.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Could also be down to the likes of atmospheric lensing.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

The welding mask uses an LCD filter, perhaps?

You could check if it is actually flashing by using a pin-hole in some tinfoil and focussing the image that comes through it on to a piece of white paper, and photograph that, which would eliminate the need for the welding mask.

Also, video stabilization, auto brightness and frame rate in the camera might be causing the effect.

The last thing I would expect to be causing periodic flickering is the sun. Just 'duh' worthy.

"And they ain't no chem trayles today, neither."

edit on 2024-07-18T05:56:22-05:0005Thu, 18 Jul 2024 05:56:22 -050007am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   

If it is one of those automatic, battery powered, self-dimming welding helmet, that could be the "problem."

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Is this an arc activated he is using? Could this be causing issues due to the natural frequency of the sun that’s incompatible with the lcd screen on the mask?

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

If you have any of those dark glasses left over from the eclipse, you can try it for yourself.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Auto-darkening welding helmets will do this sometimes when pointed at the Sun. This is one of the reasons they tell you to test your auto-darkening helmet using a TV remote instead. I didn't know this when I bought my Miller auto-darkening helmet and it did the same thing. Then I read the directions (when all else fails, right?) and I saw the trick for using the TV remote. Not exactly sure why this happens though. Using the Sun to test was my first thought out of the box too.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You are using an electronic camera to look through an electronic, polarized LCD lens system. There is your problem.

The helmet auto darkens in the presence of certain signals. Mostly infrared or ultraviolet light. The phone is producing IR for range finding the focus. The phone is triggering the helmet to darken and the phone is videoing the darkening.

I had a pair of automatic welding glasses at the latest Ghostbusters movie. They make very good phone detectors. They blink dark when a phone is scanning for a face with the built in IR face recognition. This works on both the screen camera and the back cameras. I could even identify the type of phone by the way the glasses blinked out. Different phones made different patterns of blinks.

Alternately, there could have been a satellite going over that was doing an IR lidar scan. Just speculating on that as I have not seen it happen.

Don't worry, this has nothing to do with the Sun other than powering the auto darkening lense with its solar panels.

edit on 18-7-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus

If it is one of those automatic, battery powered, self-dimming welding helmet, that could be the "problem."

My thoughts to!
could not see all of the mask.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   
All cameras use autofocus. The red or white AF focus assist lamp some cameras have emits only visible light. This is most likely the camera attempting to determine the distance to the subject.

SORRY!

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Didn't read your response. You are right on the money imo.

top topics

join