It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacrifice and Death for Liberty and Freedom in Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We all saw what transpired yesterday and I’m sorry for the innocent victims. I’m relieved to see that Trump survived the assignation attempt and that the shooter was neutralised.

However, this thread isn’t about Trump, per se, but of the emotions and imagery that came to mind when I saw those images from the event.

In particular, the one below, is the most poignant and will surely become iconic for decade to come. In fact, for me, it ranks in my mind alongside other images that have become etched in history and represent Sacrifice and Death for Liberty and Freedom.

The ones I chose all flashed before my eyes as I watched the event unfolding; having something in common with the image of Trump, be it the flag, the fervency or the struggle... happily, not the death.

I’m sure there are many others that I don’t even know about, so, if you like, please add your own.

Donald Trump Pennsylvania rally shooting

Marine Corps War Memorial in Arlington County, Virginia

La Liberté Guidant le Peuple - Eugène Delacroix

Monumento ai Caduti di Trieste, Attilio Selva

In Memory of Fallen Heroes

edit on 14/7/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Trump surviving this attack makes him a war hero.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Trump would not even call himself a hero for surviving this. He will probably praise the people that protected him when he gets his nerves back up. If someone was shooting at me, and I heard someone died and others were wounded, I would avoid the press for a few days if I was in his shoes. The statements written by Trump were probably created by the people working with him and approved by him.

I wonder if Melania and his kids are with him today somewhere. It probably was a shock for Milania too. I bet she is chewing his head off for running again. Getting shot at is not nearly as bad as a mad wife is.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Of the dozens of videos and pictures I've seen, you picked the same one I would call the defining photo. No doubt that photo will come to define this time in history.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Trump "lore" was already Yuge, now it's off the chart. His entire fortune couldn't have bought a better win in terms of the campaign.

Thought I was done voting, the left had me completely disenfranchised, surely I wasn't the only one, but nah, eff that. Thanks for the wake up call. See yous at the polls.

edit on CDT14pm2024-07-14T14:30:23-05:00k by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Suicide by secret service.

Lives taken.

Multiple injured.

No increase, or decrease, in liberty.

Just another sad and pointless waste down to radicalization and access to firearms.

edit on 2024-07-15T03:18:33-05:0003Mon, 15 Jul 2024 03:18:33 -050007am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Perfect, thanks!

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Trump would not even call himself a hero for surviving this.

a reply to: rickymouse
That's exactly what a hero would say.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Trump would not even call himself a hero for surviving this. He will probably praise the people that protected him when he gets his nerves back up. If someone was shooting at me, and I heard someone died and others were wounded, I would avoid the press for a few days if I was in his shoes. The statements written by Trump were probably created by the people working with him and approved by him.

I wonder if Melania and his kids are with him today somewhere. It probably was a shock for Milania too. I bet she is chewing his head off for running again. Getting shot at is not nearly as bad as a mad wife is.

He's fighting the war on terror...and this was a terror attack...this makes him a war hero in America...on American soil.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Most men in Trumps position of wealth would just
live out their fat cat lives on a yacht some where.
Enjoying their success, toys, family and friends.

But not this Trump fellow. Seeing the country he loved
headed down the dark path that threatens it even now.
He knew he could help bring it and maybe even the world
to it's greatest potential. He knew the risk and sacrifice
would be great. But he did it anyway and now has even
shed his own blood in his determination.

Who in their right minds wouldn't want Donald Trump to
lead our nation out of the darkness that has crippled it?

Only those who fear the light.

top topics

join