It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long will it take

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Looking through an article about the attempt on Trump, I noticed they mention an "AR style" rifle was used. Anybody want to guess on how long it takes for the Left and Anti 2A groups to jump on this ?

abcnews.go.com...

The U.S. Secret Service is investigating how a gunman armed with an AR-style rifle was able to get close enough to shoot and injure former President Donald Trump at his rally in Pennsylvania

And will Trump himself have a change of heart on gun Rights ? Getting shot at makes a man rearrange his priorities.

The only question is, will they strike while the iron is hot or will they wait a couple of weeks to let things cool down and not be so obvious about it ?

They can point and say "Look !! We told you they should be banned !! They'll also use the fact that it's mostly Right Wing gun owners who defend owning one.

Make no mistake, this is a huge opportunity for them and they're planning their strategy as we speak.

Remember - "Never let a crisis go to waste"...and I'm betting they'll take that to heart.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

currently the narrative is to make damn sure nobody thinks this guy was a leftie. He was a staunch right wing guy who donated to Biden, but hated Trump. Like most on the right. If they aren't able to push that narrative along, they will then focus on the weapon. Which could have been any rifle, just happened to be an AR style. I don't doubt they will use this to go after them, but only if they can get the right wing thing to stick.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Which could have been any rifle, just happened to be an AR style

It was an AR because of the media. Most mass shootings were done with handguns before Newtown. The Newtown shooter used an AR, and the media clamped onto that and spent 2 weeks falsely claiming that was the "weapon of choice" for mass shooters, which was not true at the time. It's been shown again and again that these wackos study media coverage of previous shootings, so it's pretty clear the media influenced future shooters to start using ARs. If they started reporting the "weapon of choice" for mass shooters was a muzzle-loader, all these nutjobs would start using muzzle-loaders.

The media's irresponsible coverage inspires shooters. They literally get people killed, and then they whine and pontificate about "gun violence."
edit on 14-7-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

originally posted by: network dude

Which could have been any rifle, just happened to be an AR style

It was an AR because of the media. Most mass shootings were done with handguns before Newtown. The Newtown shooter used an AR, and the media clamped onto that and spent 2 weeks falsely claiming that was the "weapon of choice" for mass shooters, which was not true at the time. It's been shown again and again that these wackos study media coverage of previous shootings, so it's pretty clear the media influenced future shooters to start using ARs. If they started reporting the "weapon of choice" for mass shooters was a muzzle-loader, all these nutjobs would start using muzzle-loaders.

The media's irresponsible coverage inspires shooters. They literally get people killed, and then they whine and pontificate about "gun violence."

It's probably a good thing they have been pushing the "AR" angle. It's not a precision weapon, though it can be accurate. They make much better weapons that can shoot much more accurately and they aren't more expensive than an AR. This shot that hit his ear was closer than I would have thought possible from the 150-200 yard distance with an AR, and a 20 year old shooter. Trump is lucky to be alive today.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He was an antifa commie, who donated to Act Blue.

If I had to guess, he registered republican to vote for Oz in PA's closed primaries.
It's a common tactic on the left to get bad candidates on the ballot.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Right ? If that had been a bolt action and a little more experienced shooter, this would be a whole different conversation.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I though about the same thing, never let a good opportunity go to waste, but interestingly it will be democrats the ones that will capitalize on the assassination attempt to lobby for more guns control.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I'm shocked that the shot was that good given the circumstances. I know my ability isn't all that great, but I also know the ability of the weapon. When it's on a sled, it's the gun, not the shooter, and mine would be hard pressed to shoot within a few inches at 200 yards. At least not with a .223. The 6.5 grendel might do it. The shooter had some training, even if it was just him shooting alone. That's hard to do, and I'd wager impossible if the intent was to hit the ear as some speculate.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I don't think the people who are pushing that are experienced shooters and have been watching too many movies.
Intentionally hitting the ear of a moving target at 150 yards ? I have no doubt there are amazing marksman out there but....No one is that good.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

that's kind of where I am. I have no illusions that I'm a great shot or even a good one, but that would be movie quality shooting. Also known as "no where near real".

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Eh, I'd chalk it up to nerves and adrenaline for why he missed.

I'm not going to win any shooting competitions, but at 150 yards with an AR and a stable platform?

Any competent marksman could have a shot group with a 3" spread, even with iron sights.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Well let’s just say that if he’s a republican, we will have his manifesto published within 48 hrs unlike another shooting where it’s release is blocked by a judge.

Maybe we need an investigation of Biden and other democrats for inciting an assassination. Remember all those threats of “ending democracy, agenda 25, etc, etc”? 🤔

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

you mean like a group of republican's with help of some movie mogul to make it great for TV? That would be totally underhanded. Never happen.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Make tv great again?😂
Ugh… I just dread the next few weeks of stupid speculation, contradiction and rumor mills.

This guy will be… place check mark here.. 🙄

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I don't think this is the first time a democrat running amok with a gun has led to calls for stricter gun laws. Self-affirming legislation. "Can't you see how violent I am!?! You have to get rid of guns so I don't kill someone!!!"

Brilliant.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

for what its worth i read that it was an M4. that is a total rumor though.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
While Active Duty Army, I qualified Expert with the M16, using only iron sights and hit every 300m target.

The AR platform is accurate in the right hands, especially when trained.

That's the difference between professional and novice.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
While Active Duty Army, I qualified Expert with the M16, using only iron sights and hit every 300m target.

The AR platform is accurate in the right hands, especially when trained.

That's the difference between professional and novice.

Exactly, we trained from 200 - 500 yards with iron sights. That's just basic bare minimum marksmanship. 150 is nothing.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The liberals are going to try to use this to ban guns and get them out of the hands of regular citizens. It will definitely be promoted by the left to disarm Americans.

How about getting rid of the people who are promoting division between our fellow Americans instead of getting rid of guns. Ban those who incite violence no matter what party in the media including media itself that profits by promoting civil unrest on both sides. Demand truth and properly interpreted information to be on the news, not things twisted out of proportion being used as propaganda. Right now, there is way too much BS fearmongering on our news that is not properly assessed, hold the media liable for publishing things that are just done to increase their polarized profiteering.

I hear so much crap being promoted on MSM now, especially the liberal MSM that it turns my stomach...including the climate change stuff which is not going after the actual problem but blaming everything on gas and oil. It is our waste and entitlement and promoting travel and promoting buying by planned obsolescence and chemicals created by science that is destroying our environment, and technology needs to be looked at too. Punching holes in our atmosphere and sticking all that aluminum in space to increase aluminum in the ozone layer is not good...maybe Elon should pay attention to what he is actually doing too. Technology is accelerating disruption of climate quite a bit, people see others flying to other countries and want to go themselves to post pictures.

Sorry for getting off topic with this, but it is all related because it all effects us and humans are getting more and more delusional and our beliefs and desires are Trumping our actual needs. Twisting everything to promote our beliefs is happening way too much in this country.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Eh, I'd chalk it up to nerves and adrenaline for why he missed.

I'm not going to win any shooting competitions, but at 150 yards with an AR and a stable platform?

Any competent marksman could have a shot group with a 3" spread, even with iron sights.

3 inches is about what he missed by. Had he used a Sniper rifle it could be inside of a quarter. Folks who hunt deer could do that better with a bolt action as was mentioned already. I recall it being hard to see the target that well at that distance in basic training. Besides someone took a shot apparently from his side that is going to be the tale of the tape on what angle it came in from to hit there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join