It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Time to Talk About YOUR Rhetoric

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   
As a proud, yet sometimes embarrassed US citizen, let me say that you who have helped to spread the lies and fuel the hate about President Trump, I lay the deaths and injuries of the innocent bystanders at President Trumps rally last evening at your feet. You are in part responsible for their ultimate demise. Even if this is a true conspiracy running deep, which I do imagine it to be, you are still in part responsible due to your ignorance and prejudice.

He is a Russian Spy.
He is a rapist.
He is a threat to democracy.
He is a tyrant.
He is a dictator.
He is Hitler or a fascist.
He is going to put people in concentration camps.
Yada yada fn yada….

What did YOU expect to happen? YOU pushed dangerous mis and disinformation about a public figure who is just trying to do some good for the American people. YOU pushed these false narratives again and again and again. YOU willingly parroted main stream medias BS about Trump in your public and private talks. Then en masse YOU all get infected with this psychosis of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

So what happened? People were emboldened enough to try and kill President Trump then missed killing/injuring innocent others. You know, just your neighboring citizens supporting their cause PEACEFULLY as is their right as a US citizen same as yours. Will YOU take responsibility? Of course not. Because YOU leave the mess but the rest of us clean it up i.e bums compared to hard workers.

This post/conversation for me personally will be going beyond ATS into my conversations with family and friends that are too ignorant too often. While also showing them the ridiculous MSM headlines from last evening.

Probably won’t sleep tonight because of what would be happening right now and into the future if they had succeeded in killing President Trump, chills and adrenaline.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The haters and mouth pieces of the WEF/CIA news agencies should be sued (big bucks) for inciting an attempted assignation . Some like Maxine and other race baters should be in jail for a very long time. .

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sisavran

I tried to explain to someone why what happened today is important in a bigger perspective.

They just brushed it off and said Trump isn't on our side (The American People.)

The media and democratic party really did create an Us vs. Them schism for years upon years.

The pressure and divide everyone is feeling right now is a bit frightening.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   
And its way worse in Europe, basically all news gets filtered by our media and they just copy paste CNN/Reuters news. I think 95% here thinks Trump is what the Democrats tell you, except here they think theyre reading independent news. Its sickening really.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Priorities of a "transparent" demoncrat regime, never included Americans best interests let alone America first.

This, is the chaos they thrive in.

When has the left done anything to benefit humanity.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The ironic thing is most of them know the wild things they claim about him are untrue.

Just look at this reaction. If they thought he was an actual existential threat to democracy, a tyrant, another Putin or Hitler even, would top Democrats be saying they're glad he's okay?

Of course not. That just proves they don't believe their own rhetoric. Like everything else, they're lying about that too. And their lies stir up their base into a frothing-at-the-mouth frenzy.

It's a wonder this didn't happen sooner.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You see it from all political sides.
The rhetoric is becoming dehumanising which helps nut-cases of the extremes of all parties physically attack without seeing the person.
The constant use of words like libtards and neo-nazis for people who think politically differently but aren't associated to any extreme parties is alienating people and politicians are also using the same type of rhetoric, it's now easier to attack the ideas and policies of the opposition than to rise above and just state why they believe their's is a better policy.

edit on 14-7-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

What happened was truly disgusting.

And I agree, the way society has gotten used to speaking in hyperbole likely played a part (if it truly was just some random pissed off citizen).

America won’t be healthy unless the market place of ideas is filled with people making an honest attempt to be as truthful as possible, without constantly embellishing things or just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

But I have zero confidence anything is going to change any time soon.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
You see it from all political sides.
The rhetoric is becoming dehumanising which helps nut-cases of the extremes of all parties physically attack without seeing the person.
The constant use of words like libtards and neo-nazis for people who think politically differently but aren't associated to any extreme parties is alienating people and politicians are also using the same type of rhetoric, it's now easier to attack the ideas and policies of the opposition than to rise above and just state why they believe their's is a better policy.

our democracy is at risk, if he gets in, there will be no more USA. No more democracy. Is that the kind of words you mean?

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

i like this post a lot!

i have been trying so hard to figure out why they hate trump so much and i just dont understand it at all.

hes just a guy. like he is a person in the world. did he need to run for president no of course not. he wanted to and from my perspective was a breath of fresh air because he seemed like an outsider. not entrenched for 40 years in the washington scene. there have been better and much worse people in history but the amount of hate coming at trump 24/7 doesnt really seem like its based in reality at all and im confused on why its happening to this level.

and people just believe all these lies rachel maddow and others say on the television because it confirms their own bias doing no research at all, yet they criticize us and say we dont do any research and believe a liar.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I make it a point to never watch The View. In fact, I'm sorry I even know it exists. But I have just enough morbid curiosity to wonder how they'll address this. Because you know they will.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah, I wonder what they hoped to accomplish with this rhetoric?

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I'm guessing exactly what we got, but without the miss.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on th2024Sunday2024pSun, 14 Jul 2024 09:07:27 -050020243120242024-07-14T09:07:27-05:00 by ohahhupthera because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ohahhupthera

that video doesnt have the quote you were going for. the title says it but trump doesnt say it in that clip.

anyways this is the problem with and i dont know if its the generation ahead of me or what the understanding of colloquialism is gone. understanding of sarcasm is gone.

saying he could shoot somebody in the street and not lose voters is obviously to anybody with any common sense what is called a colloquialism. the dictionary gives the example of saying someone is chicken. they're not actually a chicken. theyre scared. i could have punched my old boss in the face and he wouldnt have fired me thats why i had to quit. thafs an example too.

it is not meant as something to be taken seriously. it seems like and im not that old im mid thirties but it seems like all these younger people take everything SO literally. everything isnt literal.

compare that to people with an audience of hundreds of millions who desperately want to win saying the opponent is going to put anybody who isnt a straight white christian into concentrate camps, force them to give birth, turn america into a totalitarian dictatorship where he will never leave office and be in charge forever, they don't even know what the word fascist means or they wouldnt call trump one but they do. they call him hitler and say this shooting is his reichstag fire. they have these people convinced trump is going to genocide anybody with an alternative lifestyle and the problem is the majority of them just do not understand that these things are not true, they take it literally.
edit on 14-7-2024 by Shoshanna because: cant spell

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That’s the problem, there shouldn’t be a divide when the president of the country almost gets assassinated. Any other candidate and every person would be rallied behind and supporting them no matter what

a reply to: AlroyFarms

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good post.

Its not really a both sides as some will think or say.

The right doesnt have MSM beating that drum 24/7, there are a number of politicians on the left attacking the person not the policies as well, the gop from what I have seen attacks the policies they dont attack the person behind the policies.

Libtard isnt anywhere on the spectrum near... existential threat, putting people in camps etc.

Unfortunately we now get to sit and wait to see if a whack job on the right tries to return the favor. God I hope not.
edit on 09Sun, 14 Jul 2024 13:09:25 -050009250101pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just remember that the Supreme Court has given the current administration the A-OK that a sitting president can assassinate his political rival. Remember when they applied that to Trump, and said that Trump was going to do such terrible things, and then we see what happened Yesterday.

We live in a Post America, America. We have not lived in America since oh, 1963 when they killed JFK, and have been killing anyone who poses a threat to the status quo. JFK, RFK, MLK, Malcolm X, Countless others, and here we are pretending like this that happened yesterday is because of political rhetoric. It’s not. This was orchestrated.

You have a Secret Service Sniper who had the shooter in question in his sights for 3 minutes and only after the would be Oswald fired off 5 shots did the Secret Service Sniper shoot the guy in the teeth.

The Shooter was likely coached, and put into place. I am also betting that from a further distance you likely had a REAL sniper behind the other guy. I would almost bet money. Because that way you have a perfectly good patsy who likely made the shot that passed by Trump and hit the other person while the real sniper struck Trump and it was only because Trump turned that he survived.

I am betting the plan was to have Trump Die, and then that would of course kick off a cycle of political violence, that would stop the election, ensconcing Biden as president until they found a replacement. The people of my country are stupid sheep if they believe that it was some 20 year old burn out with his Dad’s rifle. a reply to: Sisavran

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

that video doesnt have the quote you were going for. the title says it but trump doesnt say it in that clip.

0:09 seconds. Are you deaf or dumb?

<<   2 >>

join