It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 11 stock conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Alright, I find this quite interesting. I personally am not sure if I beleive that the September 11 attacks were a conspiracy in any way, but after reading large amounts of evidence on this site and others, I have found that either the government is massively incompetent, or a cover-up occurred. Now, onto the bit of evidence that stood out to me. In the days before september 11th, there was an unusual amount of sales of United and American Airlines occurred. For the given days, the ratio should have been 1:1 of sales to buys. Amazingly, for the 6th and 7th of September, the ratio was 12:1. and on the 10th, it was 6:1. Here is the link I found that goes into a much more detailed story then the one I gave you. This seems to be an almost impossible coincidence, and is one piece of evidence that DOES NOT suggest government incompetence. Highly interesting.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I too have read the possible conspiracy theories about 9/11 though I still sit here "undecided".

But if what you pointed out really is TRUE, then common sense, (not speculation) would say "someone(s) knew something"- what that translates too, not sure. I must remind myself of the global bottom-line: money. With that said, I say you found a real good angle that should be proactively explored.

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Very nice find!

I'm a firm believer of the "If you want to know the truth, follow the money" theory.

The bigger problem will come when, after "investigating" all the purchases of "puts" nothing happens.

It is obvious something odd was going on, and after the fact VERY obvious what had happened; Some people made lots of money because they knew this would happen.

Now, when investigated, what will the investigation lead to? It should be relatively easy to find out who was buying all these "puts" and who made the most profit from them. Will this person(s) be questioned? If questioned, will they have a "legit" explanation? If they don't have a "legit" explanation will anything further come of the investigation?

These are the things that worry me most, because it seems the path towards truth surrounding 9/11 has many booby traps, black holes, and dead ends.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cohiba
The bigger problem will come when, after "investigating" all the purchases of "puts" nothing happens.

Nothing has come of this publicly.

Some people made lots of money because they knew this would happen.

The options were never exercised the last I recall.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian

Some people made lots of money because they knew this would happen.

The options were never exercised the last I recall.

Do you think this was because they decided they didn't want the money? The money was tied up because we saw a MAJOR shift in the way the U.S. handled the investigation and follow up. I would imagine the folks buying those options figured they would be able to cash out before anybody figured out what was going on. I'm sure they wanted the money.

If nothing is being done publicly, should we assume something has been done in private? Money talks, and I think whoever had the money to make this kind of "investment" could probably buy their way out of some investigations, as well.

The problem may be getting to the person(s) behind the "puts" as the CIA was well-aware of the abnormal stock activity preceding 9/11, but seemingly did nothing to stop it. Maybe having a high-level CIA Executive that used to be majorly involved in world banking has something to do with it....

edit: fixed quotes

[edit on 18-4-2005 by cohiba]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The problem may be getting to the person(s) behind the "puts" as the CIA was well-aware of the abnormal stock activity preceding 9/11, but seemingly did nothing to stop it. Maybe having a high-level CIA Executive that used to be majorly involved in world banking has something to do with it....

As I understand it, many of those options were excersised through Deutsch Bank NY, former employer of Buzzy Krongard (CIA Executive Director). That's WAY too much of a "coincidence" for me.

Also, how is it that FEMA just happened to get into town on the Monday night? Why...did they have prior knowledge that something was to happen the next morning??????

It all stinks to high heaven if you ask me!

I just don't understand why more Americans aren't screaming at the top of their lungs about this. What's wrong with people? There's a major coverup going on around 9/11/01. I'd say the biggest one since JFK was assassinated! And IMHO the government was involved in both.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thanks for finding the numbers which I COULD NEVER FIND! Blank-ing news media.

Not only that. The entire stock market lost hugely on Friday, Sept. 7 It tanked. Wonder if any call options (betting certain stocks will RISE - weapons stocks, for example?) show suspicious trending also those dates.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So are the people surounding Bin Ladin are that ignorant of international finance that they wouldn't try to sneak a quick profit in?

They certainly had fore knowlege.

dh

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
So are the people surounding Bin Ladin are that ignorant of international finance that they wouldn't try to sneak a quick profit in?

They certainly had fore knowlege.

True, to the extent that the chief people known to be surrounding or controlling bin Laden since they had created him were CIA types
The money trails on the put options all led back to CIA-controlled companies, which was why the investigations were dropped like a bunch of hot potatoes, and nothing more has been heard

If the trail had led back to Arab or Muslim controlled operations, we'd have heard of it way back

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I posted about this months ago I’m glad to see it brought back up again.

Snip

I will start off with a clip from Allen Greenspan, who was quoted in the Wall Street Journal in 2000 as saying he was: "Concerned about the eighty (80) trillion dollar international derivative market."

What he did not say was that the composite US Government investment funds were the primary user, player, manipulator, and profiteers within that 80 trillion dollar derivative market. The government investment funds are professional short players with no equal in opposition.

The showing of derivative transactions both on the domestic and international fronts would burn the government's facade alive. Based on the fund trackers, government fund accounts were holding their largest short positions "ever" going into 911.

Who Made The AA 'Put' Options The Day Prior To 9/11

snip

September 6-7, 2001 - 4,744 put options (a speculation that
the stock will go down) are purchased on United Air Lines stock
as opposed to only 396 call options (speculation that the stock
will go up).

This is a dramatic and abnormal increase in sales
of put options. Many of the UAL puts are purchased through
Deutschebank/AB Brown, a firm managed until 1998 by the
current Executive Director of the CIA, A.B. "Buzzy" Krongard.
[Source: The Herzliyya International Policy Institute for
Counterterrorism, www.ict.org.il... September 21; The
New York Times; The Wall Street Journal.]

19. September 10, 2001 - 4,516 put options are purchased on
American Airlines as compared to 748 call options. [Source: ICT
- above]

20. September 6-11, 2001 - No other airlines show any similar
trading patterns to those experienced by UAL and American.
The put option purchases on both airlines were 600% above
normal. This at a time when Reuters (September 10) issues a
business report stating, "Airline stocks may be poised to take
off."

21. September 6-10, 2001 - Highly abnormal levels of put options
are purchased in Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, AXA
Re(insurance) which owns 25% of American Airlines, and Munich
Re. All of these companies are directly impacted by the September
11 attacks. [Source: ICT, above; FTW, Vol. IV, No.7, October 18, 2001,

www.copvcia.com...

ATS
Who Put the Put Options on American and United Airlines before 911

[edit on 21/4/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks for that link. Its quite interesting to know the CIA had a connection to some of these firms... a very strange coincidence... I wonder if there are any other governmental connections with the stock firms?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Who Made The AA 'Put' Options The Day Prior To 9/11

The myth consists in this:

Sept. 6, 2001

2,075 put options were made on United Airlines

Sept. 10, 2001

2,282 put options were made on American Airlines

"Using the United transaction as an example -- the 2,075 put options, with each put option representing 100 shares of stock -- indicates that someone controlled 207,500 shares of United. The stock dropped from $31 to $18, giving the speculator a $13 profit.

The action in the American Airlines is equally unspectacular – at least by industry standards where the big players may pick up or drop hundreds of millions in such transactions. Between United and American, about $22 million in profits was made on the put options.

Business As Usual

Not only does the relatively modest action belie some daring market conspiracy by those in touch with terror plans, but the pre-Sept. 11 market history is also consistent, more or less, with business as usual. Adam Hamilton of Zeal LLC, a consulting company that does research on markets worldwide, has crunched the numbers and recently told Insight magazine:

"The market was in bad shape in the summer and early fall, and you know there were a lot of people who believed that there would be a sell-off in the market long before Sept. 11. For instance, American Airlines was at $40 in May and fell to $29 on Sept. 10; United was at $37 in May and fell to $31 on Sept. 10. These stocks were falling anyway, and it would have been a good time to short them.”

The downward trend in the airline stocks was backed up in the pre-Sept. 11 trading picture.

Insight reported that there were repeated spikes in put options on American Airlines during the year before Sept. 11 (June 19 with 2,951 puts, June 15 with 1,144 puts, April 16 with 1,019 and Jan. 8 with 1,315 puts). In the same period, United Airlines had slightly more action (Aug. 8 with 1,678 puts, July 20 with 2,995, April 6 with 8,212 and March 13 with 8,072)."

www.prisonplanet.com...

Debunking the myth

The price of the options was 2.20$ (AMR, American Airlines) and 90 cents. (UAL, United Airlines)

This was the historical stock prices (2001) of American Airlines (AMR)

quicktake.morningstar.com...

August

08-01-01 36.23
08-02-01 35.37
08-03-01 34.84
08-06-01 34.45
08-07-01 34.23
08-08-01 34.06
08-09-01 33.03
08-10-01 34.20
08-13-01 33.59
08-14-01 33.73