It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact check: Biden’s false and misleading claims at high-stakes news conference

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlightlySlightly
The fact remains that Trump had no idea what NATO was as he was running the first time. He is further out in left filed than Joe is.

I think that is one of the reasons why Trump was/is so popular - He didn't "know what NATO was" because he was a business man, not the typical career politician that many people were/are sick of. But, as he further stated "It took me about two weeks and I was caught up on NATO".

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: SlightlySlightly
The fact remains that Trump had no idea what NATO was as he was running the first time. He is further out in left filed than Joe is.

I think that is one of the reasons why Trump was/is so popular - He didn't "know what NATO was" because he was a business man, not the typical career politician that many people were/are sick of. But, as he further stated "It took me about two weeks and I was caught up on NATO".

This is an excellent point, used to on ATS we could discuss topics like this, and instead of people stating thier opinions with crossed arms, they understood that they probably need more information to come to what is the actual truth.

Spot on about Trump again I'm not a fan of his, but I can acknowledge his positives, and that was and is his appeal he isn't an insider, he hasn't been politically indoctrinated. He rubs the Republicans the wrong way too. Politics has always been a game, Trump just showed there was a different way to play the game and it resonates with people. This was a popular meme 4 years ago, they aren't going to change now.

Trump gets crapped on, but he did get historic legislation passed and signed into law. There was no reason this couldn't be done much sooner, yet no previous politician had the will, wherewithal, and wisdom to bring this bipartisan effort together, Trump did more but this too me was his crowning achievement. Sometimes it takes somebody looking at a situation from outside the box, to find answers. this is legislation that should have been done in the 70s.

On December 21, 2018, President Trump signed into law the First Step Act (FSA) of 2018 (P.L. 115- 391). The act was the culmination of a bi-partisan effort to improve criminal justice outcomes, as well as to reduce the size of the federal prison population while also creating mechanisms to maintain public safety.

The Act also amends 18 U.S.C. § 4042(a) to require BOP to assist inmates in applying for federal and state benefits and obtain identification, including a social security card, driver's license or other official photo identification, and birth certificate.

The First Step Act also expands the Second Chance Act. Per the FSA, BOP developed guidance for wardens of prisons and community-based facilities to enter into recidivism-reducing partnerships with nonprofit and other private organizations, including faith-based and community-based organizations to deliver recidivism reduction programming.

www.bop.gov...

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

The fact remains that Trump had no idea what NATO was as he was running the first time.

a reply to: SlightlySlightly
Trump, admittedly, did not know much about NATO at first but he sure was a quick learner.

Trump, who has ruffled feathers among European allies by repeatedly saying that NATO nations needed to pay more and ease the burden on the United States, said his tactics have paid off.

Trump was looking at NATO and saw the US tax payer was being fleeced. Basically told the other "world leaders" to pay up or get out. The democrats, rhinos, never trumpers and the msm were apoplectic but in the end Trump was right his bold approached worked.

"Since I came to office it's a rocket ship up. We've picked up over $140 billion (£107 billion) in additional money, and we look like we're going to have at least another $100 billion in spending by the nations...by 2020," he said.

Looks like Trump made NATO stronger and saved the US taxpayer a ton of money. Not bad for someone who did't know much about NATO!
Trump did more than Biden could ever do to strengthen NATO and kept the peace too

You've got it bass-ackwards. Real spending by NATO countries as a percentage of GDP increased only after Biden organized the NATO countries in response to Putin's invasion. All of Trump's blustering and threats had no effect.

www.nato.int...

LOL, at lest you remain consistent. Lie like hell, then scamper off and not defend your lie and hope nobody notices.

they did.

www.foxnews.com...

For any who won't click the link, it's the head of NATO explaining that Trump's blustery comments about NATO spending helped bring in the spending, and was because of Trump.

posted on Jul, 13 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

The fact remains that Trump had no idea what NATO was as he was running the first time.

a reply to: SlightlySlightly
Trump, admittedly, did not know much about NATO at first but he sure was a quick learner.

Trump, who has ruffled feathers among European allies by repeatedly saying that NATO nations needed to pay more and ease the burden on the United States, said his tactics have paid off.

Trump was looking at NATO and saw the US tax payer was being fleeced. Basically told the other "world leaders" to pay up or get out. The democrats, rhinos, never trumpers and the msm were apoplectic but in the end Trump was right his bold approached worked.

"Since I came to office it's a rocket ship up. We've picked up over $140 billion (£107 billion) in additional money, and we look like we're going to have at least another $100 billion in spending by the nations...by 2020," he said.

Looks like Trump made NATO stronger and saved the US taxpayer a ton of money. Not bad for someone who did't know much about NATO!
Trump did more than Biden could ever do to strengthen NATO and kept the peace too

You've got it bass-ackwards. Real spending by NATO countries as a percentage of GDP increased only after Biden organized the NATO countries in response to Putin's invasion. All of Trump's blustering and threats had no effect.

www.nato.int...

LOL, at lest you remain consistent. Lie like hell, then scamper off and not defend your lie and hope nobody notices.

they did.

www.foxnews.com...

For any who won't click the link, it's the head of NATO explaining that Trump's blustery comments about NATO spending helped bring in the spending, and was because of Trump.

Yes that's my understanding as well, Trump was concerned at how little some countries were contributing, Germany for example IIRC just went over the 2% threshold in 2024. If every country just hit its 2% BEFORE Trump perhaps there would have been more equipment to send to Ukraine immediately, instead of countries pledging older equipment that Russia annihilated fairly quickly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join