It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact check: Biden’s false and misleading claims at high-stakes news conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Fact check: Biden’s false and misleading claims at high-stakes news conference

Lost sometimes in Biden's stumbling and fumbling pressers, interviews and debates, are full of false and misleading claims, beyond the complete gaffes. For instance the one where he insisted Hamas is not popular on this the West Bank is dangerously wrong. Add in his assertion about the UAW's support on the same day UAW's President expresses concerns over Biden's health is disingenuous at best and out of touch at worst.

As for Afghanistan, he seems to have forgotten his earlier thoughts completely, read the Yahoo/CNN article no wonder the withdrawal was such a disaster.

www.washingtoninstitute.org...

Consecutive surveys by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Research Survey indicate support for Hamas continues to rise in the West Bank, even as it dips in Gaza. Earlier this month, some 41 percent of West Bankers said they support Hamas, compared to 35 percent in March and 12 percent in September. Support for Fatah, Hamas’s nemesis and the dominant power in the Palestinian Authority (PA), has decreased since the beginning of the war, dropping to just 17 percent, compared to 26 percent in September.

www.yahoo.com...

Biden’s comments included some false and misleading claims. Here is a fact check.

Biden’s Putin-Zelensky gaffe moment
Biden played down a gaffe he made at an event earlier on Thursday in which he had mistakenly introduced Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky as “President Putin” before correcting himself moments later. Biden said at the press conference: “I said, ‘No, I’m sorry, Zelensky.’ And then I added five other names.”

Facts First: Biden’s last claim was false. He didn’t utter “five other names” after he corrected the Putin-Zelensky mix-up. In fact, after Biden corrected himself, Zelensky said he is “better” than Putin, Biden agreed, and then Zelensky delivered remarks as Biden stood silently beside him.

Biden’s travels
Biden spoke of a need to “pace” himself in his activities. He said, “The next debate, I’m not going to be traveling 15 time zones a week before. Anyway. That’s what it was about.”

Facts First: This is misleading. Biden did not travel abroad “a week before” the June 27 CNN presidential debate in which he performed poorly. In fact, he returned to the US from Europe 12 days before that debate, on June 15.

Biden attended a fundraiser in Los Angeles on June 15, returned to the White House on June 16 and went to Camp David on June 20 for intensive debate preparations. He stayed at Camp David until the day of the CNN presidential debate against Trump, which was held in Atlanta.

[...]

edit on p000000317pm076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jul 12 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed looong quote

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The fact remains that Trump had no idea what NATO was as he was running the first time. He is further out in left filed than Joe is. Over half this country would rather have a potato as President than Trump and the election will reflect that. Again, it will be anyone but Trump.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SlightlySlightly

Slight more than half the country wants my candidate to win; that makes your candidate a dumpster fire because only slightly less then half the country wants your candidate to win.

The American prospective.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlightlySlightly
The fact remains that Trump had no idea what NATO was as he was running the first time. He is further out in left filed than Joe is. Over half this country would rather have a potato as President than Trump and the election will reflect that. Again, it will be anyone but Trump.

and the scary part is, I think you and others are among those who would willingly vote for the potato, knowing you are getting the shadow government who is unaccountable, and untouchable, running the country you reside in. That's a level of nuts my mind cannot grasp.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Respectfully when CNN softens a dig at Trump it speaks volumes about thier thoughts about Biden as a candidate.

www.yahoo.com...

What Trump said about NATO

Biden, criticizing Trump’s position on the NATO military alliance, said, “I think he said at one of his rallies, don’t hold me to this, recently, where, ‘NATO – I just learned about NATO,’ or something to that effect. Foreign policy’s never been his strong point.”

Facts First: Biden’s description of Trump’s comment was indeed inaccurate. Trump did not say at a recent rally that “I just learned about NATO.” Rather, Trump said at the rally that he had not known what NATO was, “too much,” prior to attending his first alliance summit as president in 2017.

Trump said at his Tuesday rally in Florida: “I didn’t want to be obnoxious because I felt, you know, it was the first time I’d ever done this. I went; I didn’t even know what the hell NATO was too much before, but it didn’t take me long to figure it out. Like about two minutes. And the first thing I figured out was they weren’t paying.” (Trump continued by making his usual false claims about NATO’s funding structure.)

Biden is entitled to criticize Trump for this profession of prior ignorance about NATO or for his continued inaccuracy about NATO, but Biden’s comments made it sound like Trump had acknowledged he had just learned about NATO now rather than seven years ago.

As has been mentioned we have lousy candidates one bordering on dementia and one who is divisive as hell, so divisive the opposing party works themselves into a lather, to the glee of his extreme base, whereas if they would have chilled their proverbial chit first term, OMB at the Democrats worst fears would be in last year on his 2nd term. Instead, they have made him a martyr of sorts, stronger than he has ever been.

Biden was sold as a one term President in 2020, by the Democrats not allowing any competition in the 2024 primaries, forces RFKjr to run as an Independent. They could have allowed RFKjr to run, and if Biden floundered they would have had plenty of time to switch to Harris, Newsome, whomever.

His inclusion in the General election will likely capture significantly more Biden votes than Trump.

In the battleground states, this could spell disaster for Biden. Rightfully so for the first time in modern politics, more people identify as independent and they have a viable candidate to vote for. The DNC PTB could have dealt with RFKjr in the primaries, a Biden or Harris victory there would have given the ticket some collateral, but to watch those that identify as Democrat drop to 23% with an incumbent President is a shockingly low figure. Lower than Republicans for Nixon and lower than Carter for Democrats.

If Biden hangs on he will kill the down ballot, and the Republicans could win the House and the Senate with a Trump Presidency that seem impossible 2-3 years ago, now it's likely and they have nobody to blame but themselves

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

lol. You sure about that ?

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

and the scary part is, I think you and others are among those who would willingly vote for the potato, knowing you are getting the shadow government who is unaccountable, and untouchable, running the country you reside in. That's a level of nuts my mind cannot grasp.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That you base your decisons on memes and the ramblings of a fossil doesnt say much for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boogerpicker

That you base your decisons on memes and the ramblings of a fossil doesnt say much for you.

He never even heard the term. He thought it was a rock band. When he got to his first summit, he took out his lighter, and screamed "Free BIrd!!!!", until he realized it wasn't that at all. Yes, this is what Democrats think. No, really.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You've mistakenly posted in the wrong thread; here's the link to the sarcasm thread.

[www.abovetopsecret.com...]

You're welcome.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Biden said something about unions and what he's done for unions 😊 . . . . O_oops

Union Membership is actually down under Biden 😀

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Checked any polls lately?

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: berbofthegreen

It's truly remarkable how the MSM can keep them so well insulated from reality.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I'm blaming the airports during the revolutionary war. I will vote for the potato this year if Trump is the other option. So will almost everyone I know.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The fact remains that Trump had no idea what NATO was as he was running the first time.

Trump, admittedly, did not know much about NATO at first but he sure was a quick learner.

Trump, who has ruffled feathers among European allies by repeatedly saying that NATO nations needed to pay more and ease the burden on the United States, said his tactics have paid off.

Trump was looking at NATO and saw the US tax payer was being fleeced. Basically told the other "world leaders" to pay up or get out. The democrats, rhinos, never trumpers and the msm were apoplectic but in the end Trump was right his bold approached worked.

"Since I came to office it's a rocket ship up. We've picked up over $140 billion (£107 billion) in additional money, and we look like we're going to have at least another $100 billion in spending by the nations...by 2020," he said.

Looks like Trump made NATO stronger and saved the US taxpayer a ton of money. Not bad for someone who did't know much about NATO!
Trump did more than Biden could ever do to strengthen NATO and kept the peace too

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I Think your Slightly Wrong here about Mr. Trump . Your Acclaimation is of a Minority One . Numbers Don't Lie Unless you are Dishonest ....

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

The fact remains that Trump had no idea what NATO was as he was running the first time.

Trump, admittedly, did not know much about NATO at first but he sure was a quick learner.

Trump, who has ruffled feathers among European allies by repeatedly saying that NATO nations needed to pay more and ease the burden on the United States, said his tactics have paid off.

Trump was looking at NATO and saw the US tax payer was being fleeced. Basically told the other "world leaders" to pay up or get out. The democrats, rhinos, never trumpers and the msm were apoplectic but in the end Trump was right his bold approached worked.

"Since I came to office it's a rocket ship up. We've picked up over $140 billion (£107 billion) in additional money, and we look like we're going to have at least another $100 billion in spending by the nations...by 2020," he said.

Looks like Trump made NATO stronger and saved the US taxpayer a ton of money. Not bad for someone who did't know much about NATO!
Trump did more than Biden could ever do to strengthen NATO and kept the peace too

Biden is such a baffon, just look at how he interacts with NATO members.

Conservative Italian PM Giorgia Meloni Shows Annoyance With Biden’s Lateness to NATO Summit, Biden Gets Handsy Again

What an embarresment Biden is

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

You've got it bass-ackwards. Real spending by NATO countries as a percentage of GDP increased only after Biden organized the NATO countries in response to Putin's invasion. All of Trump's blustering and threats had no effect.

www.nato.int...

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Trump's agreements had delay and they started paying off later. 😊

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: berbofthegreen

It's hard for the dwindling number of "normal" people to grasp, but the majority of Americans like higher inflation, more taxes, being forced into electric cars, millions of unvetted people coming into the country, etc..

THAT IS WHY BIDEN LEADS TRUMP, even after Joe Biden had demonstrated numerous times how broken his brain is.

The latest poll show Biden retaking the lead, with 5 months to go: www.mediaite.com...

<<   2 >>

join