It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAMAS Iran and some history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The history of conflict with HAMAS has a long history

Where did the terror organization called Hamas first come from? What is the true origins of Hamas? They are an off shoot break off faction from the Muslim brotherhood who also broke off from a charity organization created in the 1960s. Then in 1973 a Palestinian Cleric named Sheikh Ahmed Yassin helped establish an islamic charity organization called Mujama al-Islamiya ​​ also known as the Islamic Center. This group is the precursor to Hamas. Yassin was a refugee of the Arab-Israeli War. A childhood sports accident left him wheelchair bound. Yassin’s charity group registered with Israel in 1978 as a non profit Non Government Organization.

Although the name wouldn’t officially be used until January 1988 when they published their charter outlining their reason for existing, calling for armed resistance to establish a Palestinian state and the destruction of Israel. Hamas envisioned a Palestinian state that would cover all of the territory that had previously belonged to the British Mandate for Palestine from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea. In 1989, the Israeli government arrested Sheikh Yassin was arrested and sentenced him to life in prison for ordering the killing of Palestinians who had allegedly collaborated to help the Israeli army.

In the summer of 1991 they organized into newly formed armed militia units called the Al-Qassam brigades. At the same time, an engineering graduate named Yahya Ayyash joined Hamas and put his engineering skills to work for the group building bombs. Nicknamed “the Engineer” , Hamas first used Kamikaze bombings in April 1993. They condemned the 1993 Oslo Accords and rejected the deal. This agreement created the Palestinian Authority that was intended to be an interim self-governing body with the responsibility of managing certain aspects of civil governance in parts of the West Bank and Gaza Strip. The expectation was that the Palestinian Authority would eventually be replaced by a democratically elected government. The idea was to help Palestinians reach self determination for their government. The expectation was that final negotiations would eventually address core issues like where the exact borders would be drawn, the status of Jerusalem, and the establishment of a sovereign and independent Palestinian state.

The terror organzation got the vast majority of its funding from Iran. Israel has had success in fighting the group over the years militarily but it's been a difficult group to destroy entirely.

youtu.be...

edit on 727thk24 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The problem with the way the narrative is now framed is that it ignores boatloads of history. The Arabs have been restless since the days they were colonized by the British and the French. Organizers in their society have succeeded in focusing public rage on Israel, when in reality, the greatest enemy of the Arab people is their own corrupt leadership.

All of this unconventional warfare waged by groups like hamas has its roots in uprisings stretching back to the 19th century. Israel serves as a focus for the public anger, but the roots of the dissatisfaction run much farther back than 1948.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   
For my take on the Hamas situation,

Israel counted the votes the day Yasser Arafat fell to Hamas. A more peaceful approach fell to a more militant one. No vote has been held since.

This worked for Israel interest, got some prison guards to watch over Gaza. Kept enough hate running to justify Israel's actions, not enough to provide any meaningful resistance.

Since Oct 7 things have changed. As for what is really going on in Gaza these days? Some reports do suggest there have been a lot of Israel casualties as the greater region is backing the Hamas right to defend themselves.
edit on 12-7-2024 by kwaka because: grammer

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

Since Oct 7 things have changed. As for what is really going on in Gaza these days? Some reports do suggest there have been a lot of Israel casualties as the greater region is backing the Hamas right to defend themselves.

Hmmm and who, exactly, invaded who? NO nation should have to just accept being invaded without a severe response.

edit on 12-7-2024 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LetsGoViking

originally posted by: kwaka

Hmmm and who, exactly, invaded who? NO nation should have to just accept being invaded without a severe response.

It depends on when you start telling the story.

If you start it on October 7th 2023 it's easy to point the finger at Hamas and the Palestinians.

If you roll the clock back just one day prior to October 6th 2023 that whole "who invaded who?" narrative falls apart. Because Israel had killed almost 300 unarmed civilians up to that point in 2023 alone, and tens of thousands of people since they started occupying(invading) Palestine in the 40's.

People really need to educate themselves about our "greatest allie in the middle east".

Besides wouldn't one technically say Saudi Arabia is our greatest allie in the middle east? I mean Israel did intentional attack one of our ships for almost 3 hours in an attempt to provoke us into a war.

That doesn't sound like a very good allie to me.

Y'all need to wake the **** up!

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Another Hamas apologist? Jeez...

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I cannot not, and will not support a group/nation/religion that would kill me as soon as look at me. I am Infidel and thus to be subjugated, taxed, converted or killed. Why you people support these barbarians is beyond me. Read the Koran and understand what you read.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LetsGoViking

Exactly. These apologists ought to wake up and realise that given the chance Hamas would murder them for being "infidels" or at best be subjugated and placed under Caliphate rule.

Their hatred of Israel and the West seems to blind them to this reality.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LetsGoViking

I cannot not, and will not support a group/nation/religion that would kill me as soon as look at me. I am Infidel and thus to be subjugated, taxed, converted or killed. Why you people support these barbarians is beyond me. Read the Koran and understand what you read.

There are barbarians on each side and everybody knows it, why does one feel the need to make common cause with one of the parties? If one lives there and is directly affected by that conflict it is ok. But why should somebody who doesn´t even live there make common cause with one of these barbarians? Same for Ukraine-Russia, i couldn´t care less if they bash each others head in because it is not my head and it is wiser to care for your own head than the heads of any barbarians in other parts of the world.

There are barbarians in the east, the west, the south and the north, they come in all colors, races, from all the different religious cults, F*CK ALL OF THEM! Put them all in a potato sack and hit the potato sack with a sledge hammer, you will always, without exception, hit the right one in there.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter2

War *is* Barbaric...by design. It's not a nicey-nice game. The object of a civilized nation is to avoid war. If pushed by an act of war it's response must be overwhelming to avoid future incursions. I only feel pity for the children on both sides. The adults not so much. They support their respective governments and keep them in power. The onus is on them.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Israel and judea existed before Palestinia. the ROMANS(westerners) invaded and took over for a while and renamed it to Palestinia. Then eventually the Ottoman empire took over,and then lost the land eventually and it went to the victors of their conflict britain and france. The Land was NEVER the arabs land regardless of a illegally renamed israel Being returned to her original people to its proper name of Israel.
The"palestinians" are jordanian refugees,not actually people who owned that land.

new topics

top topics

join