It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're not going to believe this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I was on Facebook looking at some pictures and this message popped up:

You’re Temporarily Blocked

It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it.

If you think this doesn't go against our Community Standards let us know.

Going too fast? I didn't realize that there's a Speed Limit on Facebook.

I guess we all don't need to buy faster computers anymore, now that Facebook gets to tell us how fast we can go.

Can Facebook be any more Fascist?

Please spread this around.

And when computer stores wonder why people aren't buying new computers, you can show them this BS.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:12 AM
link   
HAHAHA. OMG...

It does sound like the digital gulag is on its way. Is it the advertisers wanting more time in front of your eyes? What a dystopian though of going too fast through the internet.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I attempted to use Wikipedia and Google today and it was like the goddamn Dark Ages.

(post by AlroyFarms removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

They're using a leaky bucket to prevent data scraping.

Prevents bots and anyone, everyone from collecting everything on facebook.

Too many pictures, too many megabytes of data downloaded... filled up your leaky bucket. It takes time to empty that bucket. But yeah. Preventing you from downloading more things...

Temporary ban = leaky bucket full.
edit on 10/7/2024 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

They're using a leaky bucket to prevent data scraping.

Or are they trying to monopolize the big data environment? Only select partners are allowed access to big chunks of material in the public domain.

If you are putting big loads on there servers I can understand if they want some dollars. As for people trying to get into politics and collate many views in different ways, tough job trying to make some practical sense out of it all.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It's Facebook's usual way of dealing with spammers.

www.quora.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

Whilst true, they could tell people their reasons. I have always hated vague orders on anything, it creates confusion and in some cases unnecessary fear.
I remember a warning on my margerine many years ago saying quite worryingly "do not use for frying".
Back then, in my mind I thought frying will release or cause toxins...cause it's margerine.
But I had used other margerines for frying years before in Germany. So I was really worried.

Everyone and myself know (now) that they meant it could splatter because of the water content!

I felt like a kid. If I want splatter, I damn well can deal with it.

The OP story reminds me of that. Look, he even made a thread on ATS because it sounded bad.
Why not state the real reason?
I can't see any negative effects from that, only positive ones.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I attempted to use Wikipedia and Google today and it was like the goddamn Dark Ages.

The new shiny AI search results on Google search is not going to be my source for info. I got rid of it, sort of. It's there, but I don't see it anymore.

Since AI can be "adjusted" or swung to fit ideologies, laws and policies, there's no way I'm making it the "oracle" it's being propped up to be. Google itself is dodgy enough, and don't get me started on YouTube.

Others might gleefully enjoy their incredible search engine that'll shape their thinking until independent action is completely a permissive proposition, but not me.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You are probably better off to be honest. The amount of brain rot on facebook is mountainous.

fb basically told you to go outside and play.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Since FB put AI in charge of policing the platform there are lots of problem, especially with words. On crafting sites AI won't post anything with 'offensive' words, like 'screw'. If the project calls for a 1/2" screw you have to get creaative and add spaces (s crew) of deliberately misspell it,like 'skrew'.

AI will never be perfect or right all of the time.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Geez , I Can't Type 55 !

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

edit on 7/10/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Facebook wants to SELL it’s data, that you and others have created and posted. Not let some data scraper robot or human collect that data for free.

If you want it, facebook will sell it to you..

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

If you want it, facebook will sell it to you..

I get that. If someone does want to have a reasonable chance in make some use of all this data, gonna need some dollars.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It doesn't surprise me at all. You're not paying for those views, pleb. Stop scrolling so fast and looking at stuff!! /s

I remember responding to a meme my daughter posted, "Oh you better nuke that from orbit. It's the only way to be sure," because it was just so typically FB bad. The damned AI hid it because it was deemed offensive. My daughter unhid it, because, what in the hell?? It was her Facebook page and she wasn't offended at all. Quite the opposite. The AI hid it again for the same reason.

top topics

join