It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really nice surprise today

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You have no idea how other people see you and I did not really realize that until today.

So I met this older lady a few months ago and you can tell the self esteem is low with this one so I try and say positive things to her about herself. Just because I think the underlying issue is an a-hole husband behind the scenes making her feel dumb and us girls gotta stick together at all costs.

I mention in passing a couple weeks ago oh I got a 4 day weekend for my birthday sweet! Subject changes to tomatoes and whatever else.

She got me a card and knowing I'm a walking chimney this really cool lighter and put some scratch tickets in the card and wrote this really sweet note in there. She signed it "your friend" and guys I just about lost it.

Things have been down for me and whatever I'm trying to do this self improvement stuff and its just like I feel better myself and now everyone is kinda being a jerk to me and I dont understand it at all.

So her doing this. This person I like never even thought SHE thought of me as a friend. I texted her like......this is the nicest thing anybody has done for me in awhile. And she said that she considers me a good friend.

I have a good friend who I didn't even know thought of me as a friend. Wow.

Be nice to everybody you never know whats going on.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Pay the kindness she showed you...forward.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Amen. Start a movement. something this positive is so badly needed today.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It's nice when someone goes out of their way to reward you for being kind to them. I was brought up to be decent to those who are nice and respect them as a person. I also was brought up to try to find the good in people and focus on that and avoid bad people who will drag you down with them.

But I have found there is some good in everyone...well, maybe not politicians and some lawyers who are really alpha....but everyone else. We are all different, and I would never want to hang around only with people like myself...life would be boring as hell.

It is good that you helped that woman through some troublesome times, and it is good she was able to give you something in return. Some people cannot afford to be generous to people they like though, and we cannot just help those who can. I do not give money to the homeless out here begging by the stores because they should be looking for a job to support themselves instead of trying to get others to support them. I have seen a guy who was out begging in the store buying a bottle of booze at Walmart, and I saw a guy near Burger king begging and he came in and bought one of the most expensive things they sold while we were sitting there eating the cheapest thing on the menu. The waitress behind the counter knew him by name and asked if he was going to get his usual. I know, many are not like that, but it seems like a lot of them around here that beg are like that. Most of the other homeless do not beg, they get food from programs and housing for the nights.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well done Shoshanna 👍

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Honestly she's the one that like...she has no idea there are points throughout the day where things are just so overwhelming with work and people just being total jerks like I mean inexplicable jerks that I am about 2 minutes from just putting a bullet in my brain. I mean, its pretty bad. Seriously.

So it really I dont know it just meant a lot to me to learn that she feels like I am a good friend because I didn't think she thought of me as a friend. Makes me feel like I'm doing something positive.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

This is my motto also

I dont expect it back therefore it leaves no bad taste.
Same as when I leave my home, I try to carry some change for the homeless.
Its not coming back, but I know ive done something that helps.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Be nice to everybody you never know whats going on.

Exactly.

And as was already posted, now you pass it on. Do a little bit for someone.
Makes this world a little bit nicer and easier.

Good stuff Shoshanna, here have a pint on me

top topics

join