It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's move going forward

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"We had a Democratic nomination process and the voters have spoken clearly and decisively. I received over 14 million votes, 87% of the votes cast across the entire nominating process. I have nearly 3,900 delegates, making me the presumptive nominee of our party by a wide margin," Biden’s letter read in part.

"I can respond to all this by saying clearly and unequivocally: I wouldn't be running again if I did not absolutely believe I was the best person to beat Donald Trump in 2024."

Trump said if Biden is forced out or steps down, he believes Vice President Kamala Harris will fill his shoes.

It's pretty clear that Biden won't be stepping down on his own. And that's his choice. he's the Commander in Chief. he has the best of the best advising him. So nobody needs to worry about the future, he's got if covered.

But what strategy should Trump use here? Bashing Biden for all his failed policies? Yep. That's fair game and what politics is usually about. But there is one other part of this, I feel will help him bigley. If Trump remains tempered, resolute, and calm, as he did in the debate, and just challenge Joey to be more public and unscripted, he can show the contrast between alive and "weekend at Biden's". Joe won't be getting any clearer, any smarter, any less dementia ridden. His family seems to think he's totally fine in the melon, so who are we to disagree. They know him best. And it would be unthinkable for a family so loving and caring to subject their elder to abuse and stress that would likely kill him. So we just have to let Joe be Joe. And by doing that, along with being more calm and confident, Trump will continue to rise in the public eye.

I don't like Biden's policies, or actions, but he's a human, so I don't want to see him hurt. But if he's totally good, as he and his family claim, then there is no reason to take it easy on him, or coddle him in any way. Make him speak in public and without notes or teleprompters. If he's really OK, then that should not be an issue. We have video archives of him for the last 50 years to judge him by. Let's find out together just how together Joe is.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Trump has an absolute gift.

All he has to do, like you said, is stay calm and let the contrast do the work.

Absolute best case scenario for him is that Biden stays in the election. Second best case is the extremely unpopular Kamala fills the shoes.

The debate came across as one of Trumps strongest performances. It’s interesting, because there was nothing particularly special or inspiring about it. But the contrast was so stark (both in previous Trump debate performances, and his performance compared to Biden) that many people were taken aback by their predispositions.

Hell, if you compare Trumps debate performance to other candidates in recent past, it seemed a bit subpar considering a lot of questions weren’t answered. But the left lost the right to challenge that when they selected a man who can’t do improv conversation, and someone most people wouldn’t trust to drive a vehicle they were riding in.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yep, I can sum it up in one sentence. "Don't be that guy". Just do that, for a few months, and stay on Biden's ass about speaking in public and doing pressers without scripting, and it's over. Just don't be a dick. Nobody likes that guy.

But as one of your pet peeves will come back up, I also hope that when he does get back in, fiscal responsibility is a priority. We can't keep spending money we haven't made yet. If you do that with your personal finances, you go bankrupt. If we do it as a nation, we become someone's bitch. I'm not into that at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

If Trump can find a way to take his next term with grace, I think it would be huge for his legacy.

It goes back to contrast. If people had an image of him being abrasive and all of a sudden he comes back a little humble and leads, a lot of people will be impressed. Obviously there will be some people who will always hate him. But compared to his last term and then being run by a geriatric, I think a graceful second term could change his name in the history books.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There could be a push for something other than Biden, something never done before. It all depends on how much they can shelter Biden.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It would be incredibly hard to pull off.

If Biden steps down, the money can be used by Kamala since she was on the ticket, or given to a PAC which can’t have direction from a campaign.

Not to mention, some states may put up a fight on changing any ballots.

My buddy who has worked on a lot of big name Republican campaigns and is skeptical that they can pull it off. He knows the game and said even if they find a friendly PAC, the logistics of not having liquid cash at their disposal this late in the game would be a huge challenge for someone running for congress much less president.
edit on 9-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It would be incredibly hard to pull off.

If Biden steps down, the money can be used by Kamala since she was on the ticket, or given to a PAC which can’t have direction from a campaign.

Not to mention, some states may put up a fight on changing any ballots.

My buddy who has worked on a lot of big name Republican campaigns and is skeptical that they can pull it off. He knows the game and said even if they find a friendly PAC, the logistics of not having liquid cash at their disposal this late in the game would be a huge challenge for someone running for congress much less president.

Thats part of why Im discussing it, it would be historic virtually it's never been tried, sure there have been brokered conventions but never like this.

I agree it isn't going to be easy and I said so in other threads, but these stories persist and that isn't good for the campaign either.

Main point of order they have to convince a sitting President to step down or convince a sitting VP to invoke the 25th. Which would likely end any chances Harris has, unless Biden falters so obviously even his most staunch defenders agree he needs to step down.

as for Trump, he might need a ballgag in his my mouth to keep quiet, because they will continue to hit Trump it's their only strategy at the moment.

Still there's the down ballot and donations.... the House and the Senate are so close already,

if the Dems lost all 3 there would be constant protests and demonstrations

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

as for Trump, he might need a ballgag in his my mouth to keep quiet, because they will continue to hit Trump it's their only strategy at the moment.

Kinky, but factual. Those two words usually aren't used together.

Still there's the down ballot and donations.... the House and the Senate are so close already,

if the Dems lost all 3 there would be constant protests and demonstrations

And we all know that's the case, but it wouldn't be something they could blame on some extemporanious factor. It would be organic, and openly democrat party acting just like we contiue to say they act like. And the (?good?) news is they would be destroying their cities, not our towns. So burn one if you got one.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

One thing I did like about Stewart’s take is showing how the UK and France called for and executed elections in under two months.

At the end of the day, if they can do that there’s no reason the left can’t figure something out.

There’s likely a PAC that focuses on advertising, which they need to do anyways. And they could raise a lot of money for operating expenses if they can vitalize their base.

Right now they have an incredibly amount of infighting. The donors are mad their money is being pissed into the wind, but if they could actually prove they have a path forward I’m sure they could get enough money for day to day expenses while PACs cover the ads.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If Trump can find a way to take his next term with grace, I think it would be huge for his legacy.

It goes back to contrast. If people had an image of him being abrasive and all of a sudden he comes back a little humble and leads, a lot of people will be impressed. Obviously there will be some people who will always hate him. But compared to his last term and then being run by a geriatric, I think a graceful second term could change his name in the history books.

The problem with that is the Democrats will act like even bigger assholes than they were in his first term so Trump being even tempered might be a hard task to pull off.

Is Trump the right man for the job? I don’t know but I believe he is far and away the better choice between him and Biden or any other Democrat they might attempt push out there after Biden is pushed aside.

Plus I believe that when Trump wins, his win will trigger some of the biggest unrest this country has seen since the riots in the 60s.

All because of the Democrat brainwashing.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

that was old John Stewart. Back when he was B-political, and antagonzied both parties and did it well. I used to enjoy watching Colbert and him for that reason. Funny, but not rimming cucks for one party.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

It’s a two lane road.

His first campaign called out the left, right, and the media.

He didn’t necessarily tone that down when he got elected either. He had the house and senate for two years, but seemed like they were in a rut.

I think he struggled to get people to play ball with him, which is something that’s required in politics. President is just one component to governance, you still have to have legislature work with you, and that’s by design.

The RHINOs and dems certainly fired back (with the help of the MSM). But I don’t see how we can expect a large ego to go against equally large egos and just demand how things are going to be done. You have to lead.

That’s why I emphasized the importance of taking a different approach in his second term.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was thinking about this very thing this morning. IMHO, Trump shouldn't attack Biden personally - as in his vulnerabilities as Biden will share those freely. Trump should attack the Left's policies. Go after their actions AND their words. Keep exposing their hypocrisy. Keep exposing their destruction that everyday people are experiencing. Stick to kitchen table issues and keep ramming them home and giving us a clue on how he will begin to repair what has been destroyed.

Because we know what the Left is running on:

Trump bad, Abortion, Abortion, Abortion, Trump bad, Abortion, Abortion, Abortion, Trump bad, Abortion, Abortion, Abortion etcetera!

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I think that should be true for all politicians.

As consumers, do we pick a product because someone sells us on how bad the competition is? I’d say most of us prefer companies who highlight what makes their products good.

If we went to work for a company, would we be impressed if they said how bad it is to work for one of their competitors, or one that highlights what they have to offer?

It just so happens politics went down a slippery slope and we never caught it.
edit on 9-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I was thinking about this very thing this morning. IMHO, Trump shouldn't attack Biden personally - as in his vulnerabilities as Biden will share those freely. Trump should attack the Left's policies. Go after their actions AND their words. Keep exposing their hypocrisy. Keep exposing their destruction that everyday people are experiencing. Stick to kitchen table issues and keep ramming them home and giving us a clue on how he will begin to repair what has been destroyed.

Because we know what the Left is running on:

Trump bad, Abortion, Abortion, Abortion, Trump bad, Abortion, Abortion, Abortion, Trump bad, Abortion, Abortion, Abortion etcetera!

really since the abortion thing is the only thing they have, he should do a really good job of explaining why it went back to the states, why that's a good thing, and what the different states are voting in. This is all fluid now, but they can't gaslight forever. Eventually, folks will grow a tiny bit of their own brain back. You can see the talking points in the sycophants here. Pretty clear cut.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It's pretty clear that Biden won't be stepping down on his own. And that's his choice. he's the Commander in Chief. he has the best of the best advising him. So nobody needs to worry about the future, he's got if covered.

But what strategy should Trump use here?

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If Trump remains tempered, resolute, and calm, as he did in the debate

I think the Biden team may make a change for the second debate just because of this line here.

Trump was yelling over Biden the whole time, making it difficult to speak, we just couldn't hear it because his mic was off. He was not tempered or calm, and the Biden team probably realized they made a huge mistake by keeping the mic muted. They may not ask for that again.

Trump was the same as before, except the last time people heard him the whole time and thought he was unprofessional. If they could only hear the way he really was, nobody would think what you said above.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Sorry, I thought it was implied, but I meant to add "For Trump". As I have said many times, we all know who and what Trump is. It's not a mystery. He's openly cringe at times, and others hide their crazy. But if he tries like he has thus far, I'm ready to see what can be done. I know exactly what can be done by Biden. So do you.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Was that the Democrats plan to lose Biden? Fly his plane into a head on crash and gosh, we have to find another candidate because all we got left of that plan are bits and pieces?

originally posted by: Degradation33

But what strategy should Trump use here?

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

It was funnier in my head.

No, that's all Trump has to do.

Watch The DNC Martin 404, Captained by Joe Biden, fly from Albuquerque to Santa Fe.

Historical reference: en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join