It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I do? Also bizarre experience resulted in weird man getting yelled at.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Is anybody a geologist here? I've always been interested in rocks and geology and I thought maybe a new field for me would be geology I know there are jobs with oil companies and other things but I'm just wondering if it will be worth it to go to college and get some kind of degree in this. I dont think I would need to get a student loan if I kept working I am mid 30s in age just because yeah my job pays good and its one of these trades people are always yammering about but like...stress level maximum I am so f'n happy when I have an easy day and at least once a week I am at the total brink of just walking off into the wilderness and never being heard from again.

Also this is something that literally just happened to me. I am smoking. I smoke a lot of cigarettes sue me. I'm outside minding my own business ciggie in hand and this absolute FOOL starts yelling at me from across the parking lot to "put the cigarette down!" He keeps yelling walking closer and I am vigorously ignoring him. He walked right up to me and pulled the cigarette out of my hand. I yelled "get the f away from me!" And he recoiled but still had a smile on his face. I dont know what the hell is going on but thanks for ruining my cigarette you asshat.
edit on 7-7-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Vapes seem weird to me like the cloud of smoke looks pretty bad ass but then it just seems like a lot of chemicals. I know I know cigarettes have chemicals too just like the psychology of it being a plant I guess makes it seem less bad to me. We all gotta die somehow.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
a reply to: xuenchen

Vapes seem weird to me like the cloud of smoke looks pretty bad ass but then it just seems like a lot of chemicals. I know I know cigarettes have chemicals too just like the psychology of it being a plant I guess makes it seem less bad to me. We all gotta die somehow.
Smoking cigarretes is 10x worse than vaping. But that asshat that pulled the cigarrete from your hand! I would have been absolutely livid!

Stress is a bigger killer probably, you have to get away from the stress. Do what makes you happy

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

You were outside.
He was outside...and away from you.
Cigs are legal.

The guy is a nutcase.
It's good not to confront crazy people.
edit on CamSun, 07 Jul 2024 09:16:06 -0500Sunday 1amJuly20247 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   

He walked right up to me

Never, ever, EVER let someone like that within arm's reach. Your response to that should have been a kick to the groin and an upwards strike to the nose. Then ground and pound.

....and no, I'm not normally a violent person, but you Do Not walk up to me like that and take something out of my hands. I don't know your intentions and you WILL be met with violence.

Just remember, you started this.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Is anybody a geologist here?

I am not, have meet a couple of them. There is a lot to knowing your rocks, many different ones out there. Some might just look like any other rock, but if you know them and your market some can be worth a lot. With one of these geologists, he did not make massive money, but enough to pay for his excursions into remote and out of the way places. Had a good lifestyle that worked for him.

As for the crazy, prepare for it to get worst as the long term implications of amyloid prions from the transgenetic infections emerge. Creating some distance if possible is a good start in reducing conflict.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Hehe the dude like beeline across the parking lot yelling at me I thought not acknowledging or even looking his direction would make him stop but no and once he was like....right there before I realized it.

Man, remote locations searching for rocks sounds fantastic right now.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Can't help meself i gotta put this up

This here has made my day

and I am vigorously ignoring him

Like vigorously, not just ignoring him. But vigorously. Brilliant, love it.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hehe the dude like beeline across the parking lot yelling at me I thought not acknowledging or even looking his direction would make him stop but no and once he was like....right there before I realized it.

It does not take long for someone to approach. Put it down to experience that ignoring them does not work well. Next time look them in the eye and get ready to react if they start to invade your personal space. Nothing wrong with a tactical disengagement rather than getting dragged into a big mess over nothing worth fighting for.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

He walked right up to me and pulled the cigarette out of my hand. I yelled "get the f away from me!"

I would have made sure he got the lit end first.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Have you considered testing out the geo thing with a free, short course?

www.futurelearn.com...
limited access on the freebe but easily achievable.

The smoking thing? Anti-smoking gestapo loonies, actually believe they are acting in the interests of smokers!

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think I might have felt physically threatened, potentially assaulted, and would have cold cocked the moron in self defense.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Just curious, did he keep the cigarette or throw it down?
Was he a non smoking fanatic, homeless man wanting a drag, or someone who just got your DNA?

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
He was told he had to quit and was jealous because you were smoking. He wanted everyone to be just as miserable as he was now.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My uncle was an oilfield geologist. He really enjoyed it and man was that dude smart. He took us kids out in the field a lot so we could gather fossils and he'd explain what we were looking at and such when it came to rock strata.

I'd think you could find a job in lots of areas like studying volcanoes, earthquakes and definitely on archaeology/fossil dig sites. Even studying meteorites would be cool.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm almost to the point of wearing a body cam 24/7! 🙄😮‍💨😡😁

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

He walked right up to me and pulled the cigarette out of my hand. I yelled "get the f away from me!"

In a nostril

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   

BA/BS degrees, especially in a STEM subject, typically won't be all that beneficial getting a job in a particular field. Any Bachelors degree is good, but one's pretty much like another. If you're really interested in geology, plan on at least a Master's. You could for sure get an entry level job with a Bachelor's, but you'll be competing with all Bachelors candidates, and things like GPA and work experience from a political science major could beat you out.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

In a nostril

Hahah hahaa ahahaa good one Dalamax, ouch!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join