It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of Star Wars - Star Wars hates men

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Another video from Snarky Jay from a couple of weeks ago.

Saying what a lot of people are saying.

youtu.be...

How do these people at Disney not realize they are shooting themselves in the foot?
edit on 752024 by GotterDameron23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

I think they're trying to grow their audiance and acceptance.
Remember a few years ago when LGBTQWERTY first started appearing on screen? Now there's hardly a show that doesn't showcase the phenomenon and the majority of commercial now seem to be same sex couples embracing.

It's a long, slow process something to change that's been considered abhorant for so many generations, so come back and revisit the issue in another 50 years, and in the meanrime it serves its purpose on keeping people divided instead of focusing on the important issues.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I really questioned his the hell can a director have a foot in both universes.

Star Wars and star trek was funked when jar jar Abrams was involved in both franchises, he single handedly stuffed up both.

The force awakens was absolute #e. Everything thereafter except for rogue one, which had the essence of the original

This whole change to suit a label was the wrong choice.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Eh to be fair Star Trek has always put forward more woke/ liberal ideas.

Star Wars was hijacked and turned into a tool for woke agendas in Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Well as George Carlin would say about it "the owners of this world don't give a f about you. The politicians work for them". I often wonder did "they" insist on him going sooner to meet that "big electron in the sky" he pondered?

This is about gaslighting and brainwashing to create a new society modeled after something we can't recognize now and probably resembles "brave new world" concept. But first we have to go thru the "1984" stuff to get to the more perfect idea of happy slaves who have mandatory sex with different partners every day.
edit on 5000000113120247America/Chicago07am7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlroyFarms
a reply to: Cavemannick

Eh to be fair Star Trek has always put forward more woke/ liberal ideas.

Star Wars was hijacked and turned into a tool for woke agendas in Hollywood.

Cpt Kirk is much too macho for them now though. The idea that women could be leaders was really used in Star Trek after the old one shut down and the remakes came along. Star Wars was women in leadership roles movie one, "episode 4".

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I gave up on the Star Wars franchise years ago. I still love the old movies, but the new stuff is dirt.

I am just one of many people who feel this way.

They can make as many movies and TV series as they like and I won't watch one second of their drivel, not one second.

Eventually they will stop.

I wish people would realise that there will never be a return to the good old days, they will never make a decent Star Wars movie ever again, just accept it, and move on.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The future of Star Wars - Star Wars hates money and success

Along with their parent company. FIFY

What's amazing is that they press on, double and triple downing while losing millions and projected billions on projects that practically mirror each other in their "woke" agenda.

They are LITERALLY the Einstein definition of insanity in real time!

They're not running out of money or really making too much of a stink about it either.....like changing directions towards a more viable and profitable corporation, instead of the money pit it's functioning as currently.

I really dgaf. I honestly hope the whole company, figuratively mind you, gets vaporized into extinction.

edit on 5-7-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

Uhhhh... Star Wars has always been woke from the start.

George Lucas said.

The idea is you’re supposed to accept people for what they are, whether they’re big and furry or whether they’re green or whatever. The idea is all people are equal.

And apparently Lucas calls himself a "radical liberal". Plus most of the bad guys are practically parodies of republican politicians. Nute Gunray = Newt Grinrich. If Lucas was still in charge of making Star Wars. We'd have an orange alien Trump parody show up in the movies.

You think that "SJW's are ruining Star Wars". When Star Wars itself has has always been "SJW".

And the First Star Wars movie is a direct response to the Vietnam War. The evil empire represents the United States Military. And the rebels are the Vietcong. There is no point when "Start Wars became woke" Star Wars has always been left anti authoritarian. It's never not been left wing.

George Lucas is woke.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

George Lucas' opinion from May 2024 has not always been his opinion. Secondly, the fact that there is woke anything in the shows and movies isn't the problem. It's crappy writing and bland characters that have no development. Thirdly, the only reason the prequel trilogy is halfway watchable is with the anti-cheese edit that was done and can only be found through less-than-legal means. The only good Star Wars anything to come out in decades has been Rogue One, which has a female lead and a very diverse cast. It differs from the rest of the crap by having well-written characters and stories, actors who know what they're doing and not just trying to push an agenda.

I would also like to say screw George Lucas for selling the IP to the house of mouse; they haven't put out anything worthwhile since the 90's.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I don't know his 2024 opinion. Only from a historical perspective on how Star Wars has been presented.

Star Wars from the prequels has had writing issues. Which persist.

Rogue One was excellent. And Mando was good too. The Bill Burr episode was great. Though in the third season the writing was flaky. We need more Mandalorian saga.

And George Lucas sold Star Wars because of the toxic fandom. It wasn't fun for him to make anymore.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Notice all the cop shows and detective shows with Women running things these days? Sure women can do those kind of jobs, but those shows make it look like the women bosses are always right. Ahhhh. no, women are not better than their equivelent male cops and detectives. It is not because of someone's sex that makes them better, it is about their desire to do things right and follow the rules. In the movies, the cops seem to always break rules to do their jobs and catch people...in real life, that happens and most often it doesn't matter, the court systems let them out the next day or two on personal bond anyway.

I like the drive and spunk of the girl in the video, I wonder if she is like that in real life or if it is just an act.

It doesn't matter to me if Star wars flops, haven't watched it in many years and never was really that enthused with it anyway. In fact, the wife and I seem to watch more foreign films with english language because they actually have better plots and are less all over the place, switching from one thing to another and putting in less memories of past things so you have to think more. TV shows are supposed to entertain, not force you to think or to remember everything that happens. I don't waste my time making long term memories of tv shows, I have more important things to learn and focus on than hollywood scripts. I also do not remember the names of actors nor their screen names much, who cares. I will never meet them, why should I remember an actors name....and as for screen names, those are fake names....the next time you see that actor he/she has a different namee...why waste memory cells memorizing those things.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

your assuming a lot to think humanity will be here in 50 years..... my understanding, world leaders response to "climate change" will end the world in less than 17 years!

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DampDave
I gave up on the Star Wars franchise years ago. I still love the old movies, but the new stuff is dirt.

I am just one of many people who feel this way.

HI!🖐️😃 I'm one too!

You sound like your about my age as I couldn't agree with you more. The whole franchise is dependent on parents carrying the legacy into their children's lives.

Kiss Star Wars goodbye unless they have some kind of revival for whatever to award someone for something idk.., but that would just be a last gasp hail Mary anyway, further signalling the end.

Been fun. First three were good enough for me. Lol

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   
NAH, it's just bad writing and execution by a director, they killed a woman that was a Master Jedi with strong film creds in the first episode, with a knife, I knew then there from that the series was fubar.

In Star Wars, Master Jedi's die from overwhelming blaster fire or a lightsaber strike.

Meanwhile in other series other female jedi and force wielders are surviving full on lightsaber thrusts to the gut.

The Acolyte has a lot of "Reverse Plot Armor" going on.
edit on 5-7-2024 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You think that "SJW's are ruining Star Wars". When Star Wars itself has has always been "SJW".

Huge difference between a writers internal monologue, and jamming it down peoples throats.

George at least understood writing a story and having well devloped charecters you can add in almost any traits you want and people will be fine with it.

The clown show since KK took over has all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face, with zero development, terrible story arcs and making certain everybody pushes the message every time a microphone is in front of them.

Only thing mouse house got right was rogue one, that was well shot, good devlopment (for the short window of movie time they had) adequate without overwhelming "fan service".

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wonder who is telling the truth

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

What's amazing is that they press on, double and triple downing while losing millions and projected billions on projects that practically mirror each other in their "woke" agenda.

Technically, the money isn't 'lost', but merely redistributed to those who get it (both individuals getting paid as well as other companies). There is a big tax advantage to running at a loss, as it is called in economics, whatever loss a company or corporation makes can be transferred to subsequent tax years, so that if you ever make a profit on something, you can substract the losses of previous years and you still won't have to pay profit taxes.

On a personal level (and through other companies) they're getting a lot of money out of this. That's why the show "The Acolyte" has a budget of 180 million, and Amazon's Rings of Power 1st season cost 1 billion to make, and yet we don't see these high budgets translated to the screen in amazing CGI or expensive scenes, they're pocketing that money and cheaping out on the product itself. The people end up not liking the product but they've already got their money anyway (those getting paid to make the product). Screw the investors who buy the stock, they'll happily take their money too, as they get bigger and bigger loans from the banks that are "too big to fail" (in other words, if they ever default on their loans, these banks get a bailout from the government if it causes any problems for them staying in business).
edit on 6-7-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Nute Gunray = Knute Rockne

Knute Rockne was an American football player and coach at the University of Notre Dame.

More of a coincidence that it makes people think of Newt Gingrich.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 03:56 AM
link   

How do these people at Disney not realize they are shooting themselves in the foot?

All that matters is the message.

While the House of Mouse seems content to soak up its losses while it pushes its agenda their entertainment partners are suffering the pain.

Cineworld is drawing up plans to axe dozens of British cinemas as part of a radical restructuring that would also include extensive rent cuts.

Sky News has learnt that the company, which until last year was listed on the London Stock Exchange, is considering closing about a quarter of its roughly-100 British multiplexes.
news.sky.com...

Personally I think it a bad look for "the message" when the Force being Female is killing the Force.

<<   2 >>

join