It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one is buying used teslas.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Here in Australia, people are struggling to sell used teslas.

Some have been up for sale for near 4 years.

Sellers are reducing prices

No winder why, as sellers are expecting top dollar comparable to what would be reasonable though for the same models new are priced less than older cars original sale price.

And early adopters are now spewing.

Plus there are 6 thousand new teslas sitting on the docks in Melbourne Australia, no one is buying

It’s a total waste if resources for supposedly environmental cars, which they are not due to the infrastructure to build one.

At least an internal combustion engine can be cheaper to rebuild an engine versus 20k for a Tesla battery.

www.news.com.au... a8cbda0f794e12ddebdc462b

edit on 4-7-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Elon Musk might be red pilling us on this. He seems to be exposing every dark government scheme with his work lately. I do appreciate the truth being allowed on X now as opposed to the Leftwing nutjob echo chamber they were running before he bought Twit.

ETA

What about the Toyota Prius? I am sure they have the same battery setup.
edit on 4000000123120247America/Chicago07am7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Musk didn't "redpill" anyone, he took on Tesla as a promise to make it into a profitable business venture in a short amount of time. A business venture doomed from the start. Will Tesla collapse? Probsbly not. But it's been left in the dust by Chinas BYD.

Toyota proved that you can't run a business off profits alone, and waited to see how the market reacted to full on EVs coming into the market and kept making hybrids, which sell, so they're finding alternatives to EVs that people will actually buy.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Tesela, the Corvair of the future?

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Toyota hybrids are great j have a kLuger hybrid, if is great and pretty good on petrol, I dint feel restricted like I would in a full electric.

Plus the batteries are a hell cheaper.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I admire the Toyota CEO, not caving into the full electric scan.

At least he understands, that landcruisers are sold in markets like Africa where electricity is not available, at least people can explore.

Plus you cannot discriminate and think like Elon that a Tesla is an elitist vehicle.

A manufacturer has to have cars at different price points with options on power train choices.

Byd look nice though I wouldn’t be an early adopter, I’ll give it five years or more to gauge the quality from first adopters.

Though I reckon if there was a choice for a very basic electric car, say for example like a mark 2 Volkswagen Golf, no big screen to control the car, just basic, no frills they probably would be a bigger seller say under 20 thousand dollars.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Lol, that’s great love it.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well that’s the rub with electric. It doesn’t just depreciate it rapidly becomes completely worthless because the entire electric car market and by extension most but not all eco tech is just one big massive negative cost fallacy that’s strung everyone along all while never actually offering a solution.

Heck you will hardly even get the energy back out of solar panel(over its whole entire lifetime) that went into making it and shipping it to you. You would have been better off burning coal.

Plus it’s all for nothing we have the answer, nuclear we ended the energy problem years and years ago.

People fear what they don’t understand, stupid people don’t understand much, stupid people have much fear, stupid people are scared of nuclear.
a reply to: Cavemannick

edit on 4-7-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I agree 100 percent with you.

I can’t see why I would spend 20000 on a dolar system when my electric bill is about $1500 a year.

If would take over 13 years to recoup the cost to install, and by this time the panels will be failing snd there’s another 10 thousand toreplace the panels.

Agree nuclear is the only option windmills and solar farms are useless, the cost of maintenance and replacement of blades turbines and solar panels exceeds the returns on generation of electricity.

I talk about the benefits of nuclear and all people say is look at Chernobyl and Fukushima.

I point out Chernobyl was an old plant, and a series of errors, that was human error. Fukishina was due to the generators for emergency power being underground and were flooded.

Tr explaining that breeder, sodium reactors are substantially safer, they don’t want to hear it.

There nay be change the opposition leader Peter Dutton wants to push for nuclear power in aystralua, I think this is great.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Reality doesn’t care about peoples feelings.

Tesla is a house of cards doomed to fail. They would have failed long ago if they couldn’t sell their carbon credits to other automakers. Our own government forced its auto industry to subsidize Tesla.

Consumers are waking up hopefully…🤷‍♂️

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
For all those supporting atomic power.

If forced to, I would drink several drops of gasoline and a small chunk of coal. Would you consume the same amount of nuclear core material?

A few atoms will kill you. Meanwhile, I might get a little sick.

That is the biggest difference I see. I have studied atomic energy. I have touched an atomic reactor in shutdown mode still in place in a museam. That was in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. I know a few things about atomic energy and the dangers of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

That’s a ridiculous argument.
A consumer pumps gasoline into their car…
When was the last time you bought some uranium?

I’d much rather live up wind of a nuclear plant than a coal plant.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

If forced to, I would drink several drops of gasoline and a small chunk of coal. Would you consume the same amount of nuclear core material?

That is the biggest difference I see. I have studied atomic energy. I have touched an atomic reactor in shutdown mode still in place in a museam. That was in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. I know a few things about atomic energy and the dangers of it.

Nuclear is by far the most efficient and cleanest source of power we have for large scale use.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think the issue with used electric is warranty. People just aren't sure of the cost to maintain and repair an older electric car.

Even though I drive a Jeep with a big monster v8 that gets whopping 9mpg and has an exhaust that can wake the dead; my next vehicle purchase will most likely electric or a hybrid.

The benefits of not needing gas 99% of the time I am driving far outweigh the downsides imho. Electric is superior to ICE in practically everyway except aural pleasure and long distance road trips. The long distance road trips really isn't an issue either with proper planning and is quickly getting better.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

That’s a ridiculous argument.
A consumer pumps gasoline into their car…
When was the last time you bought some uranium?

I’d much rather live up wind of a nuclear plant than a coal plant.

You can buy uranium on eBay. Just look for it.

Now as far as nuclear plant emissions go.

Yes, that wasn't a power plant. Yes, that was mainly a design problem.

The problem was mainly with the people of the government at the time. They wanted something that they did not understand the dangers of. They did not care of the risks to the people. How can you say it will not happen again and worse.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

Nuclear is by far the most efficient and cleanest source of power we have for large scale use.

Your reply is truly laughable. There has been no atomic reactor power station that has ever made a profit when decommissioning costs are considered in. When they are used up, they suddenly become very, very expensive to get rid of. See the video I posted just above for an example of the clean up of a reactor site and other atomic waste.

edit on 4-7-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I live in Tesla Town (San Diego).

Electric is the future.

If you ever drive one, you will love it.

All that needs to catch up is battery tech.

When they can get a 1000 miles per charge.

There is no reason to own anything else.

Tesla makes a great product.

I ask you to just drive one.

They’re Sweet…

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Electric is the future.

They’re Sweet…

that's a pretty big if.
so all nuclear power needs is a safe way to de-irradiate.
I think they're working on developing a microbe that will do that. would be awesome.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Electric is the future.

They’re Sweet…

that's a pretty big if.
so all nuclear power needs is a safe way to de-irradiate.
I think they're working on developing a microbe that will do that. would be awesome.

Remember, Car batteries have been the same size for 100 years.

Only recently are they really working on it.

They will catch up.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Electric vehicles are not the future. They’re a con and an expensive mistake. Will take time but the transition to hydrogen is starting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join