It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes you guys happy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Things change and people change, especially if there's growth involved. So I'm guessing the pursuit of happiness is equally important as those moments of happiness. I know what made me happy in the past wouldn't scratch the itch these days...

1. Peace of mind
2. Having the basics covered
3. Seeing growth in others (mostly my plants)
4. Having little to do then finding something to do
5. Sleeping

3 and 4 are often based around hobbies ATM which brings a little release of 'happiness' when there's a sense of achievement... Seems to be temporary hence why I say the pursuit is as equally important if not more so as that's what brings growth. It's mostly constant too. Good food and drink brings happiness but too much wine or too much bacon kinda messes things up too. Balance is usually key to peace of mind.

I think anyway.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

L
O
V
E

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If my wife made me do that relationship drivel(the write 5 things) to justify my relationship I’d leave her too.

You don’t need any other crap. You simply be. Each day we change what I like about you today I might hate tomorrow. No need to put it down in writing. .

lol a shared journal where you write down reasons that require contemplation on why we even bother with our significant other…wow..geeeez

Anyway…the stuff that Oprah or Mr Phil tells you to is hardly healthy, look at those two ogres as if they know health.

I’ll humour your post 5 things that make me happy in order of how happy they make me.

1.my children laughing and playing
2. My wife doing anything with me.
3 my pugs
3. My aquariums
5. Mini wargaming model painting

edit on 4-7-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 4-7-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

The fact that I'm in my 50s, so most of my sentence ('life') is behind me.
The fact that I may have cancer. Who knows, stopped going to a doctor ages ago so don't screen etc ever. I hope to get cancer.
That I'm numb to all emotions, I feel numb all the time now.
Any day that's OCD free.

I don't have anything uplifting sorry.
I only starred this bc I’m sorry to hear your plight, wishing the best for you, and know you make ATS brighter.

Thanks for being you.

Happy 4th.

Thank you
Wishing you a great 4th as well
& all of ATS off course

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What makes me happy?

Nothing.

I'm currently overwhelmed with many massive things going on right now .... I won't list them.

I have anxiety and stress and am surprised that I haven't had a heart attack from it all.

I do get 'glad' about certain things, like I'm glad that the presidential debate exposed the truth about Biden, and that the left finally realize Biden is cognitively impaired. (now we'll see if they do anything about it)

But I don't become happy anymore. I'm just trying to get through life until the sweet release of death.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The best medicine I have found for not finding happiness is taking time to observe nature (even in the big city there should be opportunities for this):

listen to the birds quarrel
watch the squirrels scamper
see the moths flutter
lean against a tree
feel the ground beneath your feet

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I know most won't accept this, but here goes. Most of what we worry about never happens. Whoever becomes the president it's really part of a drama played out to divide us. That way we don't hang them all for treason.

God made us to love Him and each other. He wants us to talk to Him (Pray) and listen to Him. For me, when I hear and follow, I find a peace that is greater than I've ever known otherwise.

Watch a sunrise, sunset or the night sky and blank out the noise and questions and worries. He will care for you.

When I said helping and protecting others it is my version of Jesus washing His deciples feet. There are hearers of the word and spouters of the word. We need to be doers of the word.

Matthew 19:26

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It's always sad to read a post like this, it's a place I drift into if I don't watch my footing and the only realistic way of switching off is drinking, smoking and listening to music. I didn't list those as things that make me happy because they're just distractions minus the music... Ironically I've had a pint or two watching the UK elections although now I'm enjoying a bit music.

Anyway. I've found through personal demise that there's not enough trouble to distract oneself from our own troubles. At the end of the day I'm the one I always have to sleep with and that's true for every individual. As long as you/I did what's reasonable things can be easier, the rest? Offer them kindness and niceties as long as it's in receipt. If it isn't don't waste another calorie of thought on them.

Easier said than done... I know. Hence my own answers at the top of this page, fact is I'm not even sure what happiness is anymore.

There's a light behind every eye but circumstances make us blind. I truly hope you can at least find your own sparkle FlyersFan. It's never too late in the day to try.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Many things these days being ill...my Yorkie makes me happy..when I'm not.

Yorkie climbs up ON MY FACE, about knocking my glasses off..sits n starts licking me like " I love you man!"...I gotta laugh....

He's 1 ft from me 24/7 when I'm sick....

And primarily...Jesus makes me happy knowing everything by faith and promise is good. I've survived...3 ambulances 6 Surg n proc' in 5 months.

Why the hell am I still here!!?? At 71....

Jesus Saves,.as does any GOD by any name...YOU personally believe in!

God bless...🫡✌️☝️
edit on 07240231America/ChicagoFri, 05 Jul 2024 10:07:02 -050007202400000002 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
simple things really .

just opening my eyes knowing I have survived another day .

Looking outside and not seeing rain and more rain .

Walking the dog .

And a nice fat spliff at the end of the day .

pure bliss

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Like the stonerwilliam, it is simple things.

Smell the air in the morning. Every morning smell is different. I look out of the window or from back of house and I see how world is on wakeup program. Milan is screaming and flying in the sky. Newspaper woman is down street, only four minute or five I walk to door and get and greet. Milan looking for food, circle above. Dew is on all plant, the fresh morning. Somewhere -I know- other wake up and prepare for day. But I take time and stand every morning to the window, only look outside, observe. Is what make me the calm day and time of philosphy.

Philosphy: Is not cut gras from neighbor statement to green agenda or is more behind, want me call police? Hehe this was joke.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join