It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes you guys happy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Before my relationship went in the dumper we did this thing I saw on Oprah back when Dr. Phil was on Oprah before he got his show and see this is why, guys this is why you can't even trust your own perception of people sometimes and that sucks.

So we did this thing where every day we would write 5 things we appreciate about the other person or love about them we had this planner and we would write the things some mundane or whatever. Just to make you THINK a little bit about why you're with this person who at the time may seem like they're sucking you f'n dry. But you don't realize that's why you're sad hehehehehehehehe until you're years past hindsight thinking holy smokes I wasted so much time with this leech I should have just got a box turtle instead.

Anyways I decided on my way of improving my mindset and life I am going to resurrect this only with things that make me happy every day.

It can be simple things. Most of the time I feel like these billionaires probably envy us hehe im happy with a bubble bath and a glass of iced tea. What do you guys think makes someone like Gates or Bezos happy? You think Jeff likes a corn dog?

Here's today's

1. Very easy work day
2. Washing my face I love my face wash
3. My big bathtub
4. Coffee on sale!
5. New toothbrush yay
edit on 3-7-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Instant Justice and Karma. It's so satisfying to see and priceless in effect.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

What makes me happy? Knowing I can survive just about anything, on my own if need be but knowing I have someone who feels the same way makes me appreciate my journey-and him even more.
Everything else is just icing on the cake-and life has granted me a lot of icing.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Peaceful family time together.
Sailing my boat.
Diving coral reefs.
Sitting on the beach on my hammock in the shade.
Riding my motorcycle.

edit on 3-7-2024 by pianopraze because: Sp

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   

anyways I decided on my way of improving my mindset and life I am going to resurrect this only with things that make me happy every day.

You do you Shoshanna.

Plenty of fish in the sea so to speak.

I'm sure you will find somebody else when you are ready.

As to what makes me happy, my kids i suppose, the Mrs, and life in general.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm pretty simple. Priorities are,
1) God
2) Wife
3) Family
4) Helping people and protecting them.

Happy is my motorcycle it always brings a smile. Snow skiing, this year I got to take my 11yoa grandson for his first time. Just he and me. Sitting on my deck watching the lake and the night stars.

editby]edit on 7/3/2024 by Albone because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/3/2024 by Albone because: Emoji was messed up

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Like literally?

Telling people to GFYS...of course..

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Albone

Just he and me. Sitting on my deck watching the lake and the night stars.

I miss my grandpa more than just about anything.

And done things like that with the man in question.

Dad now, to two kids myself, son 11, daughter 17.

I hope i get to experience something similar Albone.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Peaceful family time together.
Sailing my boat.
Diving coral reefs.
Sitting on the beach on my hammock in the shade.
Riding my motorcycle.

Peaceful family time together…check…
Sailing my boat…check…
Diving coral reefs…check…
Sitting on the beach on my hammock in the shade…while sipping a mojito…check…
Riding my motorcycle…check…

About says it all…doesn’t it…?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Finding "the special" in the day.

Couple of weeks ago was herding a massive wolf spider out of the warehouse. Predictably someone noticed an soon bunch of big burley guys took this moment to raz me. By this time 30ft or so an another 60ft to go the spider reared up defensively. Every single guy got to hear the lecture on "Heck yeah it did! Wolf Spiders are the most laid back kids, but 30ft of herding SURE it's getting pissy!" After hearing the imitation David Attenborough nature lecture, watching it take some water drops off my finger, 4 guys helped herd with me. Spider safe in woods. Sucker was massive!!

Today's was while having a cig break outside watch a mother orfather sparrow? being mobbed by 4 offspring mid air an the adult plowed right at the building but veered off last second. Three kids hit wall, one only clipped it in a prize winning high speed right turn. The Adult perched on the fence till the other 3 got their cookies together to join it.

The "NO! I'm not feeding you!! an FFS you BETTER pay attention when you're flying!!" lecture was unmistakeable.
AND I get called a "mean Mom???" Holy...!!! Sparrow parents candy coat NOTHING. Dayum! Not going to see THAT on NatGeo.

Yesterday was finding a 2 inch baby praying mantis right next to the door passcode thingy. Tiny green, cute as a button!
As I was asking it "an who taught you to climb aluminum sheeting? Look at you go li'l baby!!" I swiped my card an cracked open the door,the small breeze startled it an it fell. So there I am yelling down to it "it's OK! Babies bounce!! You'll be FINE". Hadn't seen a praying mantis for 7yrs at least, so yep...gonna admire it for 2 min.

Sure I could appreciate the typical things an I do ,but observing the natural world doing it's thing an seeing all manner of the "Unusual Special" totally blows me away with the happy.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I like to sit around a campfire and cook over the fire. Tomorrow we will have some baby reds with onions and carrots cooked in a dutch oven over the fire along with either steaks, spare ribs, or BBQ chicken. I hate having to make decisions of what meat to BBQ. I like to BBQ just don't like to choose what meat to BBQ. Maybe a Whitefish cooked in foil would be good too.

Seems like you have to make decisions all the time. If we just had hot dogs in the freezer, no decision to make. But we have almost everything in stock. Today we made thirty three half pints and seven pints of strawberry jam. No decision, a farmer we know came into town so we bought twenty quarts of berries for us and twelve for others we know. The only decision we had to make was how much berries to put in each gallon freezer bag for over the winter use.

I actually look forward to making strawberry jam around now and cherry jam later in July.

I guess what makes me happy is what others consider work.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
Before my relationship went in the dumper we did this thing I saw on Oprah back when Dr. Phil was on Oprah before he got his show and see this is why, guys this is why you can't even trust your own perception of people sometimes and that sucks.

So we did this thing where every day we would write 5 things we appreciate about the other person or love about them we had this planner and we would write the things some mundane or whatever. Just to make you THINK a little bit about why you're with this person who at the time may seem like they're sucking you f'n dry. But you don't realize that's why you're sad hehehehehehehehe until you're years past hindsight thinking holy smokes I wasted so much time with this leech I should have just got a box turtle instead.

Anyways I decided on my way of improving my mindset and life I am going to resurrect this only with things that make me happy every day.

It can be simple things. Most of the time I feel like these billionaires probably envy us hehe im happy with a bubble bath and a glass of iced tea. What do you guys think makes someone like Gates or Bezos happy? You think Jeff likes a corn dog?

Here's today's

1. Very easy work day
2. Washing my face I love my face wash
3. My big bathtub
4. Coffee on sale!
5. New toothbrush yay

Yeah Shoshanna Im sorry your relationship went off-kilter, it happens in a lot of them these days

Some of us find out the hard way, that relationships aren't supposed to be that difficult when you find the right one you don't have to search for reasons. At least that is how I am

I did better at relationships when I removed any expectations I had for my now ex-wife(alcoholic) and LTR girlfriends.

But the end result is the same you have to do you, be honest with yourself and admit what you will and won't put up with.
Be honest about that and you will find the exact person that fits your particular puzzle

I find my happiness, regardless, if my girlfriend wants to join in then great I'd love to have them, I enjoy my alone time while in relationships but I don't crave it. The perfect partner lets you be you and is completely happy with whatever you are and vice versa.

LOL but what do I know, I seem to have a 13-15 year maximum relation attention span.

I see those who seem to have great relationships effortlessly, while for others it's an ebb and flow a rollercoaster, if you have motion sickness it isn't going to work

You have to find your individual happiness and be content by yourself before you can be happy in a relationship.

Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy, which sometimes is easier said than done

Sounds like you are well on your way though, keep it up you do you. Unless you are a complete psycho, you don't need to apologize or change for anybody else. Be completely comfortable within your skin.

For me, it's the simple things beyond the obvious spending time with family and a small circle of friends.

Lately a good book and a rainy weekend, the cool still of an early morning. A long drive in the country or the mountains.
and occasionally a slice or two of bacon for breakfast

LOL Besides reading a good book part, I sound like a dog...just rub my belly occasionally a scratch behind the ears.

Regardless you got this and your current status is temporary.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Big Sur. Campfires. Little kids at play or singing. When your pets look at you knowing they have a good life. Mint chocolate chip ice cream. A tasty IPA on a warm day. My family. Godzilla. Rock n’ roll. Bigfoot exists.

No particular order there. Just. The simple things.

Knowing that no matter how bad it gets, the sun will come out tomorrow and birds will sing for its return.

ETA: as putnam points out, a good book is key. I know, I know, it’s more than 5. What can I say, I’m blessed.

edit on 3-7-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The fact that I'm in my 50s, so most of my sentence ('life') is behind me.
The fact that I may have cancer. Who knows, stopped going to a doctor ages ago so don't screen etc ever. I hope to get cancer.
That I'm numb to all emotions, I feel numb all the time now.
Any day that's OCD free.

I don't have anything uplifting sorry.

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 12:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

This guy knows ^

edit on 4-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: xyz

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

The fact that I'm in my 50s, so most of my sentence ('life') is behind me.
The fact that I may have cancer. Who knows, stopped going to a doctor ages ago so don't screen etc ever. I hope to get cancer.
That I'm numb to all emotions, I feel numb all the time now.
Any day that's OCD free.

I don't have anything uplifting sorry.
I only starred this bc I’m sorry to hear your plight, wishing the best for you, and know you make ATS brighter.

Thanks for being you.

Happy 4th.

edit on 4-7-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 04:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Ok

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Granted i have my basic needs covered, I make myself happy. Everything else is a futile endeavor for happiness.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join