It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Bases in Europe Go to Higher State of Alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   
just heard this this morning on my local news and thought i'd pass it along, according the the sources it happened two days ago.

this is from the horse's mouth,

Singh wouldn't comment on intelligence matters, but she said U.S. commanders in Europe raised the threat level in response to "a combination of factors and not related to a single threat."
U.S. Bases in Europe Go to Higher State of Alert

couple more links, first one will need to be translated, this one mentions France has gone on higher alert but that would seem normal for a country hosting the Olympics.

The US intelligence services have raised the terrorism alert level at US military bases in Europe. This heightened state of alert coincides with the ongoing UEFA European Championship in Germany and the upcoming Olympics in France. Among the affected bases is the Sigonella base in Sicily, where security measures have been to elevated "Charlie" level, the second alert level.
The Charlie alert level is activated when an incident occurs or information is received indicating the likelihood of a terrorist action or attack against personnel or facilities, according to the US military.
A US official stationed in Europe told CNN that this level of threat has not been seen in at least ten years, suggesting that the military has received to "reliable active threat."
Terror Alert Raised as US Military Base in Sicily on High Alert

The U.S. military has raised the security protection measures it is taking at its bases throughout Europe, asking service members to be more vigilant and keep a lower profile due to a combination of threats it is seeing across the region. U.S. European Command said in a statement Sunday that a "variety of factors play into the safety of U.S. military community abroad."
U.S. military heightens security alert level at European bases in response to threats

wondering if any other NATO nations have done the same with their military. maybe nothing and due to the events they say. if members in Europe have heard anything about theirs going on a heightened alert pass it along.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato
I'd expect anything, this decade so far.
Just my thoughts, but this 4th of July UK general election, is expected to install a globalist left government for us...it just feels like crazy pieces are lining up quickly on the world's chessboard now, so I'm hoping I'm wrong and just slightly off topic!😳

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   

"Wars and rumors of wars......"

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

They aren't trading coupons or fudge recipes at those Bilderberger meetings. That's for sure.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Possible civil war in France. Depends how the military respond to the elections

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Election chaos and panic in France. Election chaos and panic in The U.S., just to mention 2 sets of simultaneous drama scenarios. πŸ˜€

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   
To add to the above the IDF are about to invade southern Lebanon to push back Iranian influence and military stocks from its border to protect the northern communities, no doubt Yanks are expecting some form of blowback in Iraq or Europe

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

not knocking the UK but to me, ya'll have been leaning left for quite a few years. longer than the U.S..

and it does seem to be crazy goings on in the world right now. much more than i've ever seen in my lifetime. and i'm on the down hill side of it now.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

very true, as much as there ever has been, and in places that really don't make a lot of sense.

edit on 3-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK
I'd expect anything, this decade so far.
Just my thoughts, but this 4th of July UK general election😳

and of course US Independence Day.
terrorists love publicity...

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

that's a possibility, but i got to tell ya, if the last big attack that iran threw at Israel is all they got and are giving them to hezbollah and the houthi they better be careful.
granted iran has made advances in their weapons tech, but what they been throwing at U.S. war ships and that last attack on Israel is not very impressive.

all iran and their proxies really have done is hit a few unprotected cargo ships in
the red sea, and hit northen israel which doesn't make a lot of sense to me cause there are more arabs that live there than Israelis (or should i say Jews) and others. seems to me that they wouldn't want to be drawing a much stronger military presence there like hamas din in gaza. i mean if they got folks embed in that area and the IDF comes in and starts weeding them out they loose eyes there.

now could they have sent terrorists into other countries with the mass immigration we're seeing and gonna mount a massive terrorist attack across multiple countries remains to be seen.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Election chaos and panic in France. Election chaos and panic in The U.S., just to mention 2 sets of simultaneous drama scenarios. πŸ˜€

it does seem the the best word i can come up with is the establishment, or one i've heard used is worlders or maybe the club. do seem to be freaking out that the population of countries that they thought had sewed up are voting against them now.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Thing is after 7/10 there is very little chance Israel is going to stop at eliminating the terror / Iranian threat on just the southern border with Gaza. There is a general consensus in Israel that a new reality exists today regarding the borders and accepting terrorists literally the other side of the fence is no longer acceptable. I really do believe it's not a question of if but when Israel rolls over the border into southern Lebanon. Israel doesn't have to put up with the way things are and the arabs with their Iranian and Russian weaponry as you correctly say is proving to be a little behind the times. Israel will never have a better time with their military technology gap of generations or excuse in the eyes of the world to rid the eastern Mediterrannean of Iranian influence. It's now or never especially as the time to act before Iran goes full on nuke is limited. I guess Iran will be attacked at the same time. Some are saying in the Israeli media that the use of nukes against Iran is now acceptable and the way to go if the job is to be done properly. I always hoped the Yanks would do it first with all their resources rather than risk limited Israeli resources effing it up and the consequences that might bring. Either way the US bases will be on a highr state of alert as we edge towards an end game to Iran and its nuclear ambitions.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

There aint no chaos or panic in France by the French. The only chaos and panic is coming from the demographic that WILL be kicked out of the country they have no right being in if Le Penn gets control. As it should be.
But the chaos and panic in the US is not the populous but the Demographic party because they are staring in the face of defeat. Please wait and see just who they pick for the Presidential run. Oh, if you haven't figured it out yet it wont be Biden.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

There aint no chaos or panic in France by the French. The only chaos and panic is coming from the demographic that WILL be kicked out of the country they have no right being in if Le Penn gets control. As it should be.

didn't Marcon dissolve the lower house and announce snap elections, on July 7th, and vowed he would not quit if they still lost and keep on trying to turn it back sounds like a very big chance of chaos and panic in France to me and the club is shaking in their boots.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

originally posted by: xuenchen

But the chaos and panic in the US is not the populous but the Demographic party because they are staring in the face of defeat. Please wait and see just who they pick for the Presidential run. Oh, if you haven't figured it out yet it wont be Biden.

Exactly! And yup, Kamala will be running as the incumbent as of next week. πŸ˜‰

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Societies falling apart everywhere I guess. I think we have gone in the wrong direction worldwide in the last three years or so. The leaders of countries are starting to ignore the people, sounds like we are returning to the middle ages once again.

new topics

top topics

join