It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nations oldest Citizen dies at age 110

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The United States oldest citizen Vincent "Chief" Dransfield has died at age of 110. Dransfield became the country's oldest citizen following the passing of Morrie Markoff on Jube 3 of this year. Dransfield served in the Little Falls NJ fire department for 85 years, serving as chief of department from 1959 to 1966 . Even at of 100 Dransfield would still respond to the fire scene, giving firefighters the benefit of his long years of experience.
Dransfield lived by himself, still drove, did his own shopping and laundry.

obits.nj.com...

RIP Chief Dransfield .......
edit on 1-7-2024 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There have been some older than him in the past. I suppose he is the oldest person presently alive at the time he died or something. Sounds like the guy was pretty healthy anyway. Not a problem living a long time if you are healthy

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

this make me wonder where they came up with he was the oldest. or went about verifying he was.

according to this the wiki link the oldest U.S. citizen is a woman named Elizabeth Francis @ 114 years old.

List of the verified oldest people

Vincent Dransfield isn't even listed.

edit on 1-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Not sure about the oldest, but considering the youngest person on that list is 111, this guy missed it by a year.

Reading the obituary gives us this

Chief Dransfield was reported to be the oldest living male in NJ, and the 8th oldest person in the US, until his passing.

edit on 7/2/2024 by Hypntick because: additional info

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Wow its cool to see someone live over 100 and this guy made it to 110 crazy. I always wanna know what are they doing. I watched a documentary about people who lived over 100 and they were all degenerate chocolate eaters, smokers and drinkers like me so I have optimism.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I've beaten the hell out of my body and will work it until it falls apart like an old worn-out tennis shoe. I figure I'll last until around 80 unless I engage in some risky behavior and win the Darwin Award before that. If I were to live to over 100, I'm not sure what kind of condition my abused body would be in.
edit on 7/2/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

new topics

top topics

join