It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purported UFO Photos from US Submarine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
found on Facebook. sourced as 'la matrix'. caption: "Official pictures of the United States Navy
UFO in the Arctic, USS Trepang, SSN 674, March 1971"

I'm sure they're fake but interesting.

anyone heard of / seen before? I don't recognize.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

Here's a link to Black Vault were I believe the story and photos originated.
www.theblackvault.com...#

I do think that the majority of the pics turned out to be targeting ballons?
edit on 1-7-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

The set of pictures, supposedly taken through the periscope of the USS Trepang in 1971 are most intriguing and confusing because none of the images could be possible according to what we know (are told) about such equipment at that time. The most interesting of the set of about eleven images is of four of a huge cylindrical craft that is hanging low in the air and is on fire. The series shows it to be apparently sinking into the sea. If genuine images, we must assume it is a secret submarine from an earthly source or a giant spaceship.

I was working on an article about it back in 2017 from the Black Vault images. I finally gave up trying to interpret the images into the apparent event. I did not assume the images to be fake. I did minor searches to see when the massive Soviet Typhoon sub was officially created and commissioned, as it seemed to be the only possible explanation. Its build order was let in 1973, and it was commissioned in 1980 after several years of trials. --So says the official records. Strangely, concepts were started back in the 1960s.

If authentic images, the craft would have to be virtually hovering in the air with no visible signs of propulsion. Sub don't do that! Given it was in the Arctic, where Russian must operate, and it resembles the Typhoon is the nose area, it did not have the typical conning tower. Given the supposition that it was a Soviet craft that failed, we can understand why the SS Trepang was in the vicinity and taking pictures.

I advise anyone interested in the strange account of the SS Trepang to visit the "Black Vault's" site, an excellent site.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

'Fata Morgana' optical illusion. similar to desert 'mirage'.

the flipping and splashing would be explained by a sub surfacing / submerging

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If that post is seemingly related to this thread, you really need to, like, go to the material presented rather than pull up something totally unrelated.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I still think that these photos show 'something" that was not meant to be seen be it UFO or otherwise. Lots of facts regarding them seem to check out and I am pretty sure none have been debunked 100%.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus

If that post is seemingly related to this thread, you really need to, like, go to the material presented rather than pull up something totally unrelated.

How exactly is a similar optical illusion that would explain the op photos, not be related to this thread? Please explain this?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

An oldie but a goody. I foget if it was ever debunked back then.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

for comparison purposes

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55
a reply to: CosmicFocus

for comparison purposes
Yes, those pics could be related as objects which appear to be in the air which are not actually in the air, though someone claimed the left pic is actually "false horizon" pic instead of fata morgana, but it still gives the airborne effect.

However most of the other pics appear to show something actually airborne, a bit higher than I would imagine a surfacing sub to get.

originally posted by: Kurokage

Here's a link to Black Vault were I believe the story and photos originated.
www.theblackvault.com...#

I do think that the majority of the pics turned out to be targeting ballons?
Some kind of targeting balloon or airship seems plausible as a possibility for some of the other images, more likely than a surfacing sub, I would think.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The French ‘Top Secret’ magazine cover…..

👽☕️🍩

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
The French ‘Top Secret’ magazine cover….
👽☕️🍩

Found a cleaner sharper cover..
Issue No. 79 published Jun-Jul 2015

👽🍺
edit on 2-7-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just cant shake the feeling some of these are the source of the "high definition trans medium photos" Lue constantly referenced.
Bearing in mind they declared an (already) debunked pic. of a number 1 balloon to be an ET UFO during their TTSA launch.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Collage from the BV linked article…..

Pics with orangish colored feature..…

Close up of Orangish feature appears….imo ….to be a spherical orb….perhaps pareidolia perhaps not…..

Dialing in the spherical orb

Escape Pod orb?

👽🧐🍹

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Not to be a Debbie downer, but there was an ATS post on this subject a while back and someone found duplication of parts of the cloud, i.e. photoshop.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Not to be a Debbie downer, but there was an ATS post on this subject a while back and someone found duplication of parts of the cloud, i.e. photoshop.

The Photoshopping is addressed in the lower part of the article at the BV link above by member Kurokage

It shows some comparisons….

👽🍺

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: devilhunter69
I still think that these photos show 'something" that was not meant to be seen be it UFO or otherwise. Lots of facts regarding them seem to check out and I am pretty sure none have been debunked 100%.

No deathbed confessions yet? Hundreds saw it.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Close up of Orangish feature appears….imo ….to be a spherical orb….perhaps pareidolia perhaps not…..

It's not spherical. The shape is irregular, not round or spherical. Orbs are usually circular or might appear spherical, but that looks nothing like the orbs in this orb article.

The Black Vault article linked above has a caption that asks if that could be a fire. If it was a balloon or airship target and some kind of weapon was fired at it, why not?

new topics

top topics

join