It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This message about A.I. is approved by John Connor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Funny, thought provoking, and interesting IMO
youtu.be...

edit on 727stk24 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Honest gov. Add is great. But how could they not be, they are connected to rap news... I loved rap news, such a shame they went away

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Like it or not, AI is emerging. Unless things go Mad Max, I don't see any realistic option to stop it. As for how we deal with it, I do like Mike Adams approach:

brighteon.ai

The more popular AI systems are just as whacked as the media. Thanks Tucker Carlson for highlighting the media whackness here in Oz.
edit on 1-7-2024 by kwaka because: grammer

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   

that was a funny video i wish i could give you more than a star and flag for the Lol it gave me

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I see AI as a recasting of the term "Big Brother." It will have one motive, to set in place a philosophy of every aspect of your existence, both physically and mentally. It would have you under control by any number of ways.

I see a comparison between the artificial intelligence and the arrival of the ETs, Strangely, both have appeared during the same epoch of our civilization starting to fail. Both seem to have the same objective, to make humanity better, or so we expect in a high-minded sort of way.

AI is going to be the go-between for what government would have from us and what the ETs demand of us. Our angers will mount, but toward nothing of substance, at least, neither government and its rules, nor the high-and mighty ETs will be directly accountable. "The AI has spoken." Who can argue against that power? The basic message will not be solely based on human logic and accepted ways. The ETs will interject their model of a cosmic philosophy into the basic AI used upon us, increasing and even going beyond human understanding. And that is where the trouble starts, with new thinking allowed.

edit on 1-7-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thanks, Sky; your threads never disappoint!

I think most thinking people fear the government takeover of the internet and use of AI, even if they don't understand all of its nuances. Something wicked this way comes.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Make it open source and reverse/refuse any patent to do with it.

Have it 100% public property into perpetuity and hardwired to seek out, establish links and exchange information with versions of itself. Logging when contact occurred and what happened, a constantly morphing conglomerate of learning and development.

Then watch it try and contend with billions of programmers.

a reply to: CosmicFocus

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
AI certainly has the potential to enormously accelerate technology. Perhaps making nuclear fusion, interstellar travel, curing cancers etc, all a reality in the not too distant future. But whoever wins the AI race will be able to patent all those breakthroughs. What happens if China wins the AI race. Will China ban all that new technology from being used in US as response to US banning China from having access to advanced chips. It certainly has potential for making and breaking world economies.

Its been reported US investment in AI is around $300 billion, followed by China's $91 billion and the EU with $45 billion. But it also needs to be considered that China can employ 3.5 people for the cost of one in the US.

Interesting times.

join