It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share Your Thoughts About Your Avatar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Why do you use the avatar you use?

Is there a story behind it, or maybe you just like the picture.

Right now, I use a picture of one of my eyes, but I was actually thinking about using a picture of my art.

Or maybe even a picture of Jesus (not the real Jesus of course, but a statue of him). Because for me he represents a message of truth and love - a message I agree with wholehearted.

Most Christians don't understand the message of Jesus, and that is a big shame.

I guess all my thoughts about Jesus belong to another topic.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PrivateAngel
I'll play.

This is my avatar:

I use it because it accurately represents the way I fell when I interact with most people, when I stumble on what's alleged to be "news," when I see what passes for entertainment and music, when I engage with what passes for politics and politicians today, when I see people wearing face masks (especially when they are alone in their car with the windows rolled up).

And other stuff.

:
edit on 2024 6 30 by AwakeNotWoke because: typos.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke
I'll play.

This is my avatar:

I use it because it accurately represents the way I fell when I interact with most people, when I stumble on what's alleged to be "news," when I see what passes for entertainment and music, when I engage with what passes for politics and politicians today, when I see people wearing face masks (especially when they are alone in their car with the windows rolled up).

And other stuff.

:

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrivateAngel

Mine is from when I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.
I put it up 12 years ago or so.
Now I don't remember how to do avatars and can't change it.
So that's why it's up.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: PrivateAngel

Mine is from when I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.
I put it up 12 years ago or so.
Now I don't remember how to do avatars and can't change it.
So that's why it's up.

I think it is cute.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Mines a painting I did last year. It's of a Ruru or More pork a native bird I Aotearoa New Zealand. I couldn't find my old avatar from before the great glitch, so used this instead.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Mine is a picture of my face I edited on Photoshop way back in the early days of ats.
I have a weird fear of clowns so I thought it would be an ironic thing to do.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Hi

I drew mine about 2 years ago on my wall.

For me it represents life.
So many branches to climb but they all end up to the same place.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Ummm...my Avatar was first suggested by a friend who no longer posts...SyxPak...

The pointing Bill Murray from..."Stripes"...perfectly illustrates My screen name..."YouSir"...and it's underlying commentary..."are an"...

It's merely a reflection of the humor I tend to feel whenever I'm responding to the rampant knuckleheadism...prevalent in a majority of OP's...and the general population that comments on this site...

I do dearly love you all though...you've provided me with endless hours of mirth..and an open agreement with..."Star Treks"...

"There's no intelligent life down here"...

I especially love how doggedly serious and uptight most of you are...with your overt...overly zealous reply's to obvious sarcasm...

More to the point...the propensity for some to claim knowledge where none is present...claiming to know what another posters intent was with their comments...and scoring cheap gotcha's with purposeful misconstruing...and misdirection...

The best though...are those who have whole pages of off-topic commentary in a thread...then respond to the eventual jibe with..."Do you have anything on-topic to add"...that's gotta be my fave...

Those are a few of the reasons for my Avatar...and my self appointed role in illustrating the rampant absurdity on display by supposed adults...

Fun...fun...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Thank you,

No more needs to be said. Human vanity knows no bounds.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I've always been amused at Mr. Cleese's hysteric expression in that pic.

and I like Coelacanths. considered to be long extinct til a museum worker found one in a fish market in Madagascar in 1938.
the evolutionist's least favorite fish

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Mine is from a Russian artist who's name i cannot remember.

I like the weirdness off it.
Its actually only half the pic, i cant use the full one as i cant remember how to put up a full avatar.

If anyone can help/tell me i'd be most grateful. I think i remember i need a blank gif or transparent pic or something like that.

And hey op, you got nice eyes.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hmmm I use the hyper light drifter.

He is a silent protagonist in a post apocalyptic world. He is constantly chased by the sins of the past which manifest as the perfect and immoral cell known as Judgement that haunts him.

Judgement is AI consciousness created by the elder races in an attempt to achieve immortality. It did not work.

I like the drifter. The gif and constant creeping of the darkness at our backs. In some ways I suppose it speaks to my own personal internal struggles with addiction and how it can rear is nasty self at anytime and that I must be ready to strike it down.

edit on 30-6-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I adore my avatar, which was made by a special and talented member here, blend. She took the avatar I'd been using (a crow sketch of Odilon Redon) and my background pic of a library and made it into something fantastic.

Thanks a million to dear blend.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

I believe the artist is Anton "Gloom82" Semenov.

To make your avatar show up full size, you need to use a transparent gif in place of your avatar and the picture itself as your mini profile background.

below is the transparent gif you can save to your library...

And read here for how to apply them... goto problem/solution #2...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30/6/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I painted mine.

Had to compress to fit on ats so it’s not as high quality as original:

Tiger Moon

edit on 30-6-2024 by pianopraze because: Added title

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Mine is intended to characterize a High Plains Drifter like character who is a survivor in the early to mid 21st Century after mankind decides to incinerate itself over petty and irrelevant bullsh!t.

It was created by a very talented ATS member who is no longer active. He created many of the great avatars you see here on ATS. He would spend weeks with you working up drafts and tailoring your avatar so it was just right based on your input.

edit - Even though our political viewpoints were polar opposites and he disagreed with much of what I post, we became fast friends behind the scenes and often discussed the goings on in the world around us. A genuinely great guy!
edit on 6/30/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Wooooooooooooooo!!!!!

After trying numerous times…she’s baaack!

Edit: what she means. Well, she’s an enigma, void of color, transcending age, culture, religion, .she’s a think piece.

Or it’s a female version of me boppin to beat reading ATS.

Thank you for forcing my hand and bringing her back.
edit on 6/30/2424 by Texastruth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Mine is intended to characterize a High Plains Drifter like character who is a survivor in the early to mid 21st Century after mankind decides to incinerate itself over petty and irrelevant bullsh!t.

It was created by a very talented ATS member who is no longer active. He created many of the great avatars you see here on ATS. He would spend weeks with you working up drafts and tailoring your avatar so it was just right based on your input.

edit - Even though our political viewpoints were polar opposites and he disagreed with much of what I post, we became fast friends behind the scenes and often discussed the goings on in the world around us. A genuinely great guy!

That's a cool story, and I've also thought your avatar was cool, a "Mad Max" mixed with old west vibes.

Mine I just captured this on a cloudy day at the beach. I always enjoy, actually love watching the sea gulls and the pelicans flying over the ocean. And since we almost always have sunny days here, when we're at the beach on a cloudy day it's a treat. I really enjoyed the ominous look of the clouds along with the birds flying overhead.

The sea gull represents the soaring nature of the human spirit, searching to fly and seek the truth. The cloudy weather represents the stormy conditions of the current system of things.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

This is why I need to get a PC i can't see avatars on the phone and "viva el Celacanto!" Made me laugh way too hard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join