It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathleen Kennedy says: "The fans need to shut up." about The crappy Acolyte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This a video from a coupe of weeks ago. I haven't heard that The Acolyte is cancelled.

youtu.be...

KATHLEEN KENNEDY SAYS FANS NEED TO SHUT UP AFTER ACOLYTE GETS CANCELLED! DISNEY STAR WARS IS DEAD

With Kathleen Kennedy defending the acolyte over and over since the acolyte backlash and the acolyte trailer disaster! one major development now has much to do with kathleen kennedy going against the fans in the wake of the acolyte cancelled situation behind the scenes for season 2...one crucial update to this scenario now involves how kennedy decided to attack the star wars fandom for holding an opinion on the acolyte series for disney plus. This will also have more to do with Leslye Headland.

The fans need to speak with their money.

Fans should sell all of their Disney stock and get rid of Disney+.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It doesn't even feel like a professional film....more of an art skool project.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

Is The Acolyte the one about lesbian space witches set on killing evil white male Jedis?

Yeah can't say I'd even be interested in watching a dumpster fire that smelled like half-eaten cheesediapers as a Star Wars show about that!

I might even watch a different show about lesbian space witches going out and righting wrongs or whatever. I'd give that a chance maybe. An original property.

But not. Star Wars.

Star Wars is about space adventures and courage and friendship for kids and leave out your liberal gay ass agendas like white men are evil and let's all transition our genders at young ages. Leave that crap out of a children's storytelling IP!

edit on 28-6-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Star Wars: The Acolyte | Rotten Tomatoes

An 84% positive rating sort of debunks 'un-woke/un-conscious' propaganda mill statements.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

An 84% positive rating sort of debunks 'un-woke/un-conscious' propaganda mill statements.

Audience score of 14% is the real one. Please tell me you know how that tomatometer works.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

14 percent even seems a bit generous. Get it together Rotten Tomatoes audience reviewers!

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Do you actually believe what you just said? I am a (horror) film nerd, my go to is IMDB. We all know that very high rated films with glorious reviews of those who were paid to write them are usually very anally written. The trick is to read real people's comments who gave one star. Those are the true reviews.

How do I know this?
I only go to IMDB after watching a film. Then I add my review.

I'm busy in a minute but why not go and check the acolyte and the written reviews on IMDB, I haven't looked yet but I am confident the truth can be found there.
You just have to order the comments from low to high and compare the writing style of the ten star reviewers to the actual real people at five down.

edit on 28-6-2024 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2024 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GotterDameron23
This a video from a coupe of weeks ago. I haven't heard that The Acolyte is cancelled.

youtu.be...

KATHLEEN KENNEDY SAYS FANS NEED TO SHUT UP AFTER ACOLYTE GETS CANCELLED! DISNEY STAR WARS IS DEAD

With Kathleen Kennedy defending the acolyte over and over since the acolyte backlash and the acolyte trailer disaster! one major development now has much to do with kathleen kennedy going against the fans in the wake of the acolyte cancelled situation behind the scenes for season 2...one crucial update to this scenario now involves how kennedy decided to attack the star wars fandom for holding an opinion on the acolyte series for disney plus. This will also have more to do with Leslye Headland.

The fans need to speak with their money.

Fans should sell all of their Disney stock and get rid of Disney+.

Not gonna honor these people with MY money.

edit on 28000000343020246America/Chicago06am6 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

(post by chr0naut removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Talking about how bad it is does wonders for the algorithm.

Disliking a product is not enough in today's age.
Controversy creates cash.

You have to fully disengage if you want to win.
Which includes refraining from even talking about it.

Disney puts out, The Acolyte.
Everyone on the internet posts, Acolyte sucks, Acolyte sucks. The takeaway? Look at all that engagement. Look at all those people typing The Acolyte into the search systems.

All those posts get clicks and those clicks make money from ads. That's how season 2 gets propped up.

People hate watch TV shows now.
Hate Watch- To watch (a television program) for the sake of the enjoyment one derives from mocking or criticizing it.

Some people hate watch shows just to make their own content. There are youtubers making video essays and money on this very subject because controversy creates cash.

A show or a movie can be bad. Some are so bad they're good. What they absolutely cannot be is boring. Boring is the death knell of entertainment.

If you truly want it to go away, treat it like it's boring.

Which involves limited engagement. Don't watch it, don't review it and don't watch other people watch/review it.

Don't even type "The Acolyte" at all.

All you have to do is say that I don't indulge in any new Star Wars. And do not say why. The machine thrives on feedback so don't give it to them.

Don't indulge. Don't say why.

The solution is ironically on Disney+.

Just don't look.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   
LOL..yell at the fan base. That will fix everything. Hope she has a side gig like barista.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If the right came in and took a beloved franchise you liked and pooped all over it, then making disgusting knock offs of the original Iā€™m sure you would protest.

The left is systematically doing this to every beloved franchise.

How tone deaf the left has become is horrible. They have also become a disgusting knock off of the intelligent, open-minded, freedom loving, anti-war liberal individuals I knew in the 70ā€™s/80ā€™s.

edit on 28-6-2024 by pianopraze because: Added anti-war

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It just shows how little I am interested in this. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The current score. Who kind of business practice ignores the audience opinion?

new topics

top topics

join