It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telling Netflix to GFYS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Anyone else get the constant f'ing reminders to upgrade their subscription because their current sub is expiring and won't be available anymore?

They have one priced almost the same, but it has ads.

Not sure wtf planet NetFlix lives on but Paid TV doesn't have f'ing ads, k?

Maybe I'm too old school...but F##K Netflix and their aggressive and annoying f'n reminders.

So, I told a Customer Service Rep to pass on essentially this same message.

F'n arseholes...

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem
Be very very careful as some of these "reminders" come from Kolkata, Mumbai etc. etc. They aint all from Netflix.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

No, no, I'm talking about from their service when I'm viewing on my smart TV.

But, yes, be aware of Spear Phishing, for sure.

edit on 6/27/2024 by MykeNukem because: trudeau bites..

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

They cancelled my grandmothers Netflix subscription stating that her TV was "too old" and they no longer supported it.

It's a 2018 smart TV

They are losing to other subscription sites and trying to bleed you dry for anything they can before you drop them completely.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

They cancelled my grandmothers Netflix subscription stating that her TV was "too old" and they no longer supported it.

It's a 2018 smart TV

They are losing to other subscription sites and trying to bleed you dry for anything they can before you drop them completely.
For real!? That's insane, and seems outright criminal. What are they up to that they want to spy on you with your newest tv?

Mine is from 2010 maybe, don't know, didn't even buy it and never watch tv and certainly don't use netflix.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

They tried convincing here that she needed to go buy a new TV, which she almost did.

Bought her a Roku Stick and she now watches all subscription sites but Netflix.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

They tried convincing here that she needed to go buy a new TV, which she almost did.

Bought her a Roku Stick and she now watches all subscription sites but Netflix.

dang straight

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Um, Amazon is already throwing Ads in some of their stuff.
P's me off, but what can you do? Pay more or cancel, or watch the ads.

I use them for bathroom or snack breaks, cause I am not paying more.

All about the money, honey!

(post by Kaiju666 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   
DVR whatever you can.
Watch at leisure and fast forward through the ads, and intermissions.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Paying for ads. Do they think people are stupid? Probably. A lot of them are. I watch Tubi its free and there are very few ads like I can go a whole unsolved mysteries episode with no ads if I watch the on demand part. Even their live TV part doesn't have many ads to fill time they play like...elevator music if you don't use the live TV part of Tubi you probably don't know what I mean but that is much less annoying than ads.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

My daughter has a package that allows up to five different profiles or something like that at Netflix. So we keep having to have her sign onto Netflix so it will load on our Roku, even though it is a registered IP with netflix. That comes about once a month these days. Evidently they are making it inconvenient for even those with the packages to share with their relatives to use at different locations. I am wondering if they will eventually discontinue that package and we will have to get our own single package.

I am getting tired at that everything on demand practice entering our society. It is spoiling people, nobody wants to wait to see something, kids want the food they want for supper. People are getting so used to getting what they want when they want it...spoiled by places like McDs and others...that dinner seems to be a bunch of different selections for the kids nowadays. People will order three kind of pizzas, I guess people cannot take a mushroom off their slice anymore. Stores always sell boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs now, which I seem to see a lot of that stuff in people's carts. I am not going to pay way more for a boneless skinless version of chicken meat myself, I can make soup out of the bones. Also, more and more people are buying bacon wrapped pork loins premade...How much work is it to slice a piece of pork loin and wrap a slice of bacon around it? The price of all that stuff really brings up your food bill each month...but many people have just accepted it as normal, maybe they do not know how to use a sharp knife these days or know how to make a hamburger without getting it in an already formed quarter pound patty.

Oh well, it is their choice to get dependent on the system, if they are not smart enough to tear up some lettuce from a head of lettuce, they deserve to pay a high price for a premade bag of lettuce which is treated with chemicals to extend it's life.

Wow, sounds like I am in a mood to rant today.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Heartless, corporate tactics will do that to ya brother...

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Heartless, corporate tactics will do that to ya brother...

Wow, I never expected to have someone read my whole rant post. You responded to the last line. Hmmm. You must be bored or something..

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Indeed, I've given every streaming service the boot. I'm no longer going to fund an ongoing culture war with people like me as their constant boogieman.

You'll have a PM shortly, assuming it goes through.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksihkahe

Indeed, I've given every streaming service the boot. I'm no longer going to fund an ongoing culture war with people like me as their constant boogieman.

You'll have a PM shortly, assuming it goes through.

Nice to hear from ya bro.

PM to follow.

edit on 6/27/2024 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I canceled them a while back. Bunch of greedy arseholes. There is a lot of that going around these days.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I hoped on that Pirate ship before online TV blew up and never left.

I've never paid a dime and I'm add free since...

The only downside is that I'm more or less a year behind TV and movie culture.
edit on 27-6-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
The only downside is that I'm more or less a year behind TV and movie culture.

I'd say that is more on the plus side.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Maybe I'm too old school

Well yuh Myke, that'd be it right there huh? The minute they put a screen in front of anyone's face, it was a for profit thingie. What year was that, 1911? That first movie room, that's just a guess.

And TV was only free to any viewer because the viewer was the product sold to the advertisers.

And then of course along came HBO and all the rest and they were free of ads if one paid the entry fee. Some believed that promise would always be honored but that was naivete.

One might hope, year after year, promise after promise that this system would hold to the bargain but it was, is and always will be ''open your wallet sucker''.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join