It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark imposes world's first carbon tax on flatulent farm animals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeast, you can have a traditional Belgian style beer a day and get your prebiotics.

Fermented vegetables like soured cabbage, also packed with prebiotics.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: BernnieJGato

This is all in line with privatization of basic needs...

Shelter... Check
Food... Check
Water... Check
Air... on it

Gotta love Capitalism, it never fails to make profit

Ah yes, excessive and ridiculous taxes that make the cost of living constantly rise. The very definition of capitalism. Lmao.
edit on 27/6/2024 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You're not the first that's triggred, I've adressed it...

Remeber water? That was government regulated once upon a time...

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Carry on...

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Yeast, you can have a traditional Belgian style beer a day and get your prebiotics.

Fermented vegetables like soured cabbage, also packed with prebiotics.

Prebiotics are not the same as probiotics. Probiotics are live cultures, prebiotics are chemistries that help to promote the probiotics to work....which increase fermentation or the metabolism of the microbes.

During the making of beer, carbon dioxide is also produced. If I remember right, producing a gallon of beer produces somewhere between four to four and a half pounds of CO2. I never checked out how much carbon dioxide is produced from fermentation of vegetables, only grains. So I cannot say what that produces. I just looked at beer, not even wine.

I don't know how many cow farts it takes to produce four pounds of CO2. I suspect there would not be any research on that.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Why don't they just go full circle and tax everyone that eats animals that fart as well.
With the money, they can then put a huge plexiglass bubble over the whole country and fart everything to death.
Perhaps that will provide an extra week of life for everyone else.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So basically, by taxing people for raising cows, they will not be able to afford it anymore and the Danish State gets revenue for putting people out of business who feed others.
Just can’t make this sh?t up

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 01:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

The rich have already whipped up a grift to get around that, they just buy into "carbon capturing" technology to offset their carbon footprint.

This has already been worked out so the elites are ahead of the curve. Like always.

For once I agree with you.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Interesting. I wonder when they will start imposing such tax on humans?

Stop farting people. Save the environment!

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

It's not just methane (farts) they're after but carbon dioxide, it's the stuff you breath out.

If history is any indicator for what's to come, that's exactly what you can expect in the near future.

I see privatized fresh air zones with extra fees to access, further down the road.

edit on 28-6-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I'm going to confess and tell you that my phone auto corrected PRObiotics, to PREbiotics. And I didn't spell check before I posted that.

Fermented veggies and grains are a probiotic, and prebiotic, apparently.
You do bring up a good point tho, C02 is created in the process of making beer, and things like fermenting foods. Where's the uproar over sourkraut?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'm going to confess and tell you that my phone auto corrected PRObiotics, to PREbiotics. And I didn't spell check before I posted that.

Fermented veggies and grains are a probiotic, and prebiotic, apparently.
You do bring up a good point tho, C02 is created in the process of making beer, and things like fermenting foods. Where's the uproar over sourkraut?

Maybe the people who are running the climate change agenda like sour kraut so they ignore anything that they like?

Interpreting scientific research is done based on the beliefs of those interpreting it and of course Consensus of the time.

If the fermented food is pasturized or heated, the probiotic value is usually depleted, all you have left is the prebiotic value.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join