It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark imposes world's first carbon tax on flatulent farm animals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Denmark will tax livestock farmers for greenhouse gases emitted by cows, sheep, and pigs starting in 2030, becoming the first country to target this major source of methane emissions.

The European country's goal is to reduce Danish greenhouse gas emissions by 70% from 1990 levels by 2030.

From 2030, livestock farmers will be taxed $43 per ton of carbon dioxide equivalent, increasing to $108 by 2035.

Denmark imposes world's first carbon tax on flatulent farm animals

one more quote,

As of 2030, Danish livestock farmers will be taxed $43 per ton of carbon dioxide equivalent in 2030. The tax will increase to $108 by 2035. However, because of an income tax deduction of 60%, the actual cost per ton will start at $17.3 and increase to $28 by 2035.

the Danish government done lost their frickin minds.
just watch before it's over some of them of will find a way to increase the tax to per pound, and do away with the tax write off.
danes need start getting ze bug recipes now and the rest of the world might as well start now to. cause once other world leaders see the new cash cow Nelly bar the door.
edit on 27-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Tax on farting.

Nuts indeed.

Puts me in mind of the UK window tax.

Then again that was abolished in 1851.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Rip Danish animal husbandry.

Should tax private jets & lithium mining (for expensive, luxury electric cars) instead.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The rich have already whipped up a grift to get around that, they just buy into "carbon capturing" technology to offset their carbon footprint.

This has already been worked out so the elites are ahead of the curve. Like always.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Net zero, carbon offset etc is a load of crap.

I do not believe in the hype of greenhouse gas emissions.

If any world nations government is serious about emissions reductions, they would force locally based companies who manufacture in China and India, to bring their factories home to enable close monitoring of carbon and environmental pollution.

Though this will not happen so this is why the whole global warming thing is just a funky scam.

The whole farting cows is just to force people to eat the fake jab grown meat.

This world is farked.

edit on 27-6-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Mass price increases coming much sooner than 2030 as they panic to "prepare" and "adjust". 😧

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   

This is all in line with privatization of basic needs...

Shelter... Check
Food... Check
Water... Check
Air... on it

Gotta love Capitalism, it never fails to make profit

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Back in the old days when our leaders were not psychotically inclined and motivated by insane things, there would have been sanctions and public condemnation and even ridicule targeted directly at any nation that did a thing like this to ensure they would rescind anything as stupid as this, or face escalating consequences.

But the reason people are doing things like this is because spiritual corruption has reached such high levels where there is no condemnations happening, only encouragement of such stupidity.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Meanwhile America blowing up the NordStream pipeline released an estimated 155,000,000 metric tons of methane into the atmosphere. But cow farts are the problem...

The American military is the largest producer of greenhouse emissions on the planet. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The American military is the largest producer of greenhouse emissions on the planet

man your behind the times, russia has surpassed the U.S with all the burning tanks and vehicles in Ukraine to be the largest military producer of green house gas.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Net zero, carbon offset etc is a load of crap. I do not believe in the hype of greenhouse gas emissions.

yeah you'd think that 10 million square mile hole in the ozone/ atmosphere which according to the establishment is caused by green house gasses, they'd would escape through that hole.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Okay Um?
How is the whole government over reach and blatant tax grab
Capitalistic in any way shape or form comrade?
I tried to believe that you were being sarcastic but I didn't get it.
a reply to: Terpene

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: HeyYouNotYouYou

That's ok... See the history of water to know how government regulation eventually turn into private profit driven business...

It's an ongoing process, you'll see...

Political agendas impede many to think beyond the imposed limits.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Why don't they start with taxing the 1% , as they're full of sh*t , but off course not. As this tax will only make the 1% richer and take away from the 99%. The 1% who own and use up more than 50% of the world resources

They can just make up whatever bs tax they want till they own it all : you will own nothing and be happy

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
And eh, how exactly do you measure the amount of methane coming out a cows arse?

Reasonable question.

Or is that gonna be someone's job now? To measure cows farting?

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Carbon Tax - just another means by which the Haves can segregate themselves from the Have-Nots.

The wealthy will be able to pay to pollut our planet. The poor will be left in the dark.

And the Liberals are cheering on this new system of inequality.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge2
And eh, how exactly do you measure the amount of methane coming out a cows arse?

Reasonable question.

That was my question too! Oh they'll probably estimate based on how many animals you have but you just know there'll be some big bureaucracy behind it like supervisors of the people doing the estimates and auditors I dont care what country or municipality it is, if there's a way to create administrative bloat, they'll find it.

Also I'm sure the end goal of this is the bug thing. Tax the farmers to death they gotta make money somehow, what they know is farming bing bang boom they're in the insect farming business now. Theyll probably have carbon tax credits for if you are growing bugs etc.

For the record I dont know what this comment sounded like but I do not support this and I will not eat bugs!

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

bet they'd have to form a union Fart Sniffer local 101.
and their slogan would be sniff for the union label instead of look for.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Like any government anywhere has turned down the chance for more taxes! Their mismanagement of tax revenue is something of a running gag. Mark my words, next up will be a tax of pets. BET!

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If people eat a lot of veggies, they need probiotic pills so they can get nutrients out of the veggies, or need other natural microbes in their system. All of the probiotics and natural microbes in our guts produce green house gasses.

Tax vegetarians and also probiotic pills. If they do not take probiotics, they will have to eat more, so tax those who do not take probiotics too, because they cause more waste which also creates gasses in the landfills from the deteriorating veggies.

Tax the vegetarians and vegans too. Most vegetarians I know don't seem to have real smelly farts, but they do fart more than meat eaters. Carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide given off from human farts are green house gasses. Actually the cows farts contain more sulfur which causes brighter clouds so they cause more light to reflect into space and promote some cooling effects...so cow farts seem more crappy sulfur smelling than vegetarians so they cause more clouds. That effect of sulfur building bright clouds I just read today on a science site dealing with making cleaner burning autos and businesses actually cause more global heating..

I wish they would make up their minds and completely study things before coming to improper conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join