It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden has added more to the National Debt than any President in history!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
As FJB continues to destroy the US economy he has achieved a new record! He has now added more to the US debt than anyone EVER has. This train wreck of an administration has now pushed that debt to over 34 TRILLION dollars. That's 7 TRILLION more than the entire GDP of the US, which means we are in big trouble. Joe is the worst President this country has ever seen and he is worse than bad for the economy.

And the scariest part? He will still be adding even more over his last 6 months. Estimates show he will potentially add 10 TRILLION dollars to the debt, bringing us close to 40 TRILLION in debt! That is an increase of over a full 1/3 of the total debt we had when he took office.

Why would any sane person vote for this kind of reckless spending?

Current and future projections

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We were warned of the plan during the 2020 election campaigns. šŸ˜§

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

We are spending $1 trillion every 100 days. And I'm sure the cucked GOP will cave to another huge spending Bill before the end of the year

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Sad to see that our next president is guaranteed to be the #1 and #2 in debt from a single term (some would argue adjusted for inflation there might have been worse, but itā€™s certainly the most in modern history).

The defenders of Trump and Biden would say itā€™s not their faults because of COVID.

But I donā€™t think thatā€™s an excuse for anyone. Our country has seen worse and come out on top after huge crisis. I donā€™t feel thatā€™s whatā€™s being offered to us now.

Trump at least seems like heā€™s more present and aware than Biden, so gun to my head he seems like the one who is a little more sensible. But it does truly feel like a race to the bottom.

I hear thereā€™s talks right now that the earliest debate in modern history might be so they can test out Biden one more time before the convention. Sadly, Iā€™m sure they would come up with an equally unexciting and equally as bad option.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The difference is that Trump was using the money to try an bring money back into the US, through various ways. To eventually (hopefully) begin to reduce that debt, or at least slow it down. Biden seems to want to send as much overseas and waste it on green energy garbage as possible, which compounds the issue.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The difference is that Trump was using the money to try an bring money back into the US, through various ways. To eventually (hopefully) begin to reduce that debt, or at least slow it down. Biden seems to want to send as much overseas and waste it on green energy garbage as possible, which compounds the issue.

I think they mostly pissed it into the wind, and we got nothing out of it other than inflation.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There is not much of a way for Trump to get us out of this if he is elected president next term. The Dems will of course try to blame it on him. I personally do not think the Dems would want to win this coming election, they seem to be doing things to make it so people will vote Republican...almost as on purpose. With the Republicans coming in power again, they will have the perfect setup to fool more people that the Republicans can't fix anything....and a lot of people are not smart enough to see what really happened. It is a win win for Democrats no matter how the election goes I suppose, they will have us wanting to join in with the European union and since the US will be their policing nation, they can create a one world domination of the west. Well, at least we will not have to fight a war with England this time around to break free from a government not our own dominating us.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Iā€™m calling bs on this. Firstly I looked up ā€œBinfoldā€ source and it doesnā€™t seem to be a reliable source. Then I googled ā€œNational debt Biden Trumpā€ and the whole first page is full of recent news stories claiming Trump added twice the amount to the debt as Biden.

The fiscal policies of the Trump administration added twice the amount to the national deficit as have President Bidenā€™s, a new analysis has found.

Trumpā€™s administration borrowed $8.4 trillion during the former presidentā€™s time in office, while Biden has borrowed $4.3 trillion, according to an analysis by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB), a Washington think tank.

the hill.com

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Great Post ! Never let We The People Forget that too !

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Careful. People are assuming approved debt is actually spent. Most of Trump's isn't.
Another backwards number is National Debt as a Percentage of GNP. Mostly Phony šŸ˜ƒ

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Anyone who doesn't see that Biden is the worst president in U.S. history is too delusional and too disconnected from reality to be reasoned with.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   
How much National Debt was added by COVID spending? šŸ˜€

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

" Congressional Report: CIA Interfered in 2020 Election, Colluded with Biden Campaign to Bury Hunter Laptop Story "

" In 2020, 51 ex-spies signed an infamous letter that called reporting on Hunterā€™s laptop ā€œRussian disinformationā€ ahead of the election. Current Secretary of State Antony Blinken allegedly coordinated the story for political purposes.

CNN reporter Natasha Bertrand wrote the infamous, and now discredited, Politico story that used ā€œdozens of former intel officialsā€ to push a false and misleading narrative about the origins of Hunterā€™s laptop.

President Joe Biden cited the story during a presidential debate with Trump to discredit the contents of the laptop."

Ok , CONFIRMED . Now What ? Will Heads Roll for this Or........................?

www.breitbart.com... tory/

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
How much National Debt was added by COVID spending? šŸ˜€

Glad you asked. From the same article I linked above.

Ignoring the pandemic relief measures enacted by both presidents, the proportion of debt addition still holds around 2-to-1, with former President Trump adding $4.8 trillion in non-pandemic-aid fiscal debt and Biden adding $2.2 trillion.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Although the absolute magnitude of the debt has increased pretty steadily for the last 20 years or more, You need to look at the Debt-to-GDP ratio to understand how important it is or isn't. If the GDP grows at a faster rate than debt, that means that it's effectively being paid down, in constant dollars. Here are the figures:

Debt-to-GDP ratio under Trump, by year:

2017 104.3%
2018 105%
2019 106.6%
2020 126.3%

Debt-to-GDP ratio under Biden, by year:

2021 123.8%
2022 121.9%
2023 122.3%

tradingeconomics.com...

2024 obviously isn't over yet, so any projected values for the Debt-to-GDP ratio are only estimates at this point, but the International Monetary Fund estimates that it will be about 123.3%.

www.imf.org...@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD

We had that one year of Covid (2020) where spending went hog-wild under Trump and the Debt-to-GDP ratio jumped by 20% in one year.

Since then, it has been slowly getting better under Biden. That's mainly because the GDP has been growing at a higher average rate (i.e., a steeper slope) under Biden than it did under Trump.

edit on 26-6-2024 by Boomer1947 because: ETA

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Biden and The Democrats aren't finished yet either! šŸ˜¬

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=27412659]Boomer1947
Are you nuts lol the system just writes whatever biden tells them all them numbers are rigged. I know for a fact biden has done actual damage to our country. Trump atleast tried to fix it.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It all depends on HOW the debt is caculated.

ā€œTrump ran up more debt than any other President in American history,ā€ the post reads. ā€œHe wants Republicans to force a dangerous default if they donā€™t get their way. We cannot let right-wing extremists hold our economy hostage.ā€

Every administration manipulates the numbers to be favorable to their policies, and so far all I've seen is AI generated answers saying Trump created the greatest dept.

But in terms of all presidents, the Trump years did not record the most debt added ā€” although they did add a lot.

Looking at historical federal debt data by fiscal year, the total gross U.S. debt was about $19.5 trillion at the end of fiscal year 2016, which ended several months before Trump took office, said G. William Hoagland, senior vice president at the Bipartisan Policy Center. That rose to about $26.9 trillion at the end of fiscal year 2020, or a $7.4 trillion increase, just before Trump left office.

The debt added under Obamaā€™s two terms, however, amounted to about $9.5 trillion.

There are some caveats: Those figures are not adjusted for inflation. A federal fiscal year begins in October, so there is some overlap when administrations change. And the total debt includes debt held by the public, which accounts for most of the debt, but also debt owed by one part of the government to another.

There are also different ways to analyze the data.

Evaluating only full one-term presidencies, for example, the rise under Trump may well be on paper the largest increase. But the increase under former President George H. W. Bush ā€” about $1.4 trillion ā€” represented a larger percentage increase than under Trump, Hoagland noted.

And some economists prefer to view the national debt as a percentage of the U.S. gross domestic product, or GDP, because it indicates the ability of the country to handle its debt.

ā€œCompare it to a household,ā€ explained Eugene Steuerle, co-founder of the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. ā€œThe higher the householdā€™s wages, the more it can pay off its debt.ā€

Looking at it that way, the gross debt as a percentage of GDP reached an all-time high of nearly 128% at the end of Trumpā€™s tenure, according to the historical federal data. That said, itā€™s represented more than 100% of GDP since 2013; that burden in relation to the size of the economy was previously unseen since World War II.

But the debt accumulated under specific presidents isnā€™t just a result of their own policies ā€” it reflects decisions made by their predecessors as well as by members of Congress.

ā€œThe point is that fiscal policy reflects joint action by Congress and the president,ā€ said David Primo, a University of Rochester professor of political science and business administration. Statements like Jeffriesā€™ imply presidents have sole control over fiscal policy, he noted.

Similarly, Hoagland said: ā€œAll presidents inherit spending from previous administrations and in turn they create spending for the future president.ā€

The cost of programs like Social Security and Medicare continue to drive up the debt, as do factors beyond a presidentā€™s control, like COVID-19 or the recession inherited by Obama.

ā€œAs a budget expert, what pains me is that partisan bickering about who is to blame for the debt obscures an important truth: both parties have abdicated their budgetary responsibilities,ā€ Primo said, noting that about two-thirds of the debt has been incurred since 2001.

[apnews.com...]

The question we should be asking is not who created the most debt, but whose policies handled the debt the best. I have not seen Biden doing one single thing to reign ion the national debt, nor congress and their Uniparty doind anything to stop it.
Our total political system ans been failing us for decades and the blame game just keeps people from demanding BOTH parties change their ways.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Debt at the end of Trumps term 27.7 trillion. Debt now 34.7 trillion. Difference is 7 trillion.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Boomer, are you saying higher numbers are worse? Am I getting it correct?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join