It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am confused...can you explain...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So, this article talks about how we have been accidentally cooling the planet.

The premise is, green house gases and pollution cause global warming, AND global cooling.

Basically, as we clean up air pollution, we warm faster because the pollution particles reflect the sun, cooling us down.

So really, nothing we do will make things better, only worse.

Why bother trying.

www.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

It's simple. The world elites (globalists) have relied on the complete depopulation of the white race, replacing the population with foreigners at the first stage, and then with Artificial Intelligence, with the subsequent enslavement of the entire population, through the social policy of the unemployed by issuing social subsidies with complete dependence on them during addiction.
I no longer remember a science fiction novel, in my opinion, by Ray Bradbury, in which satisfied and well-fed people ride and have fun all their lives on a Ferris wheel and do not notice that sometimes one of the booths overturns, and people fly from them into a bunker for recycling to obtain energy for Ferris wheels. This is the future prepared for us according to globalists.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Could also be Earth is recovering from past Ice Ages 😧

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Right track, but this article is behind.

The first thing we attacked were the aeresols. The Smog/EPA fight was originally geared at scrubbing them from the 70s on.

By the 90s they had significantly reduced sulfur to a far greater extent than greenhouse gasses. In more current times.

e360.yale.edu...

Sometimes a caption is all you need.

New research indicates that the decline in smog particles from China’s air cleanups caused the recent extreme heat waves in the Pacific. Scientists are grappling with the fact that reducing such pollution, while essential for public health, is also heating the atmosphere.

And it was almost instant. China started scrubbing their many many coal plants to global standards and within 5 years they caused "extreme heat waves" in the Pacific.

We lost much of China's cooling sulfates because we shamed them over their unregulated pollution.

This has been happening all along. In the attempt to save the planet from global warming, we actually make it worse by removing the atmospheric albedo - which protects the ice albedo.

Still too early to be a certain, but there's this...

edit on 25-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

When electromagnetic radiation, in the form of heat (infrared frequency range), hits a gas atom in the atmosphere, the gas absorbs the energy which 'pumps up' the electron orbits with the extra energy and then the atom randomly re-radiates that energy, dropping down the electron orbits again. In the process, some of the energy is retained and so to produce EM energy that is less energetic, the frequency of the output is lower.

This means that what came in as a higher frequency infrared is now lower frequency and lower energy.

Lower energy infrared has less capability of raising the orbit of electrons, and so instead of pumping them up where they can efficiently fall back down, the energy is effectively blocked from transmitting through the atom. This raises the temperature of the atoms (in terms of the whole atom jiggling around more) but isn't enough to do the retransmission stuff. And so the lower frequency infrared builds up under the insulation of atoms it can't excite enough to retransmit.

This is the greenhouse effect, and some atoms and molecules (greenhouse gasses) are just way stronger insulators than others.

If you remove the greenhouse gasses, then more of the high frequency and higher energy stuff gets through, but this can also radiate away more easily.

It is the lower frequency lower energy radiation that gets trapped and causes an overall gradual warming with smaller hot to cold oscillations than non-greenhouse gasses. The build-up of low energy heat because it is trapped, causes global warming. The higher energy and hotter radiation also dissipates better than the lower frequency radiation.

In truth there are a mix of things going on, and the situation in reality is far more complex than I have just described. I was just over-simplifying a bit.

edit on 2024-06-25T11:31:55-05:0011Tue, 25 Jun 2024 11:31:55 -050006am00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Let's start with the fact that your statement, "The premise is, green house gases and pollution cause global warming, AND global cooling." is generally false.

Traditionally, "pollution" refers to chemicals in the soil, water, and/or air that are directly harmful to organisms. A classic example would be the insecticide DDT. Right after WWII and through the 1950s it was used widely in the US to eradicate mosquitos and the Malaria that came along with them. But it tends to concentrate in certain body tissues of humans and other organisms and can poison, injure, and kill those organisms even though they aren't the intended targets. Acid rain is another classic. Coal-burning plants in the Midwest in the 1960s released Nitrogen Oxides into the air which turned into Nitric Acid, photochemically. Those acid molecules would blow East and North and get washed out by the rain into lakes in the New England states and Canada. The lakes would concentrate the acid, which would kill fish, birds, and trees. Another classic case is you build a dam and create a reservoir. The rising water table eventually gets up to a level where it begins to dissolve geological layers where heavy metals have been deposited. The water with the dissolved heavy metals gets used for agriculture downstream where the metals get concentrated in the crops and animals that use the water. The people who eat the crops and animals then get heavy metal poisoning.

None of those examples or a bunch of others that I could list have any effect, positive or negative, on heating or cooling of the atmosphere.

The one form of pollution that does have a significant effect on heating and/or cooling is the one mentioned. When Sulfur is oxidized to Sulfur Dioxide and forms microscopic droplets of Sulfuric Acid, those droplets are highly reflective of sunlight. That means that part of the sunlight that would otherwise make it to the ground gets reflected back to space so the air near the ground is cooler than it would otherwise be. But the Sulfuric Acid droplets are also directly harmful to any organism they happen to touch, so it is not only a classic pollutant, it is also active in controlling the heat balance of the atmosphere.

Volcanic eruptions do this naturally when they inject millions of tons of Sulfur Dioxide into the atmosphere. The global average temperature was a degree or two cooler for a few years after the Mount Pinatubo eruption in 1991 because of this. This is why artificial injection of Sulfur Dioxide into the Stratosphere is one of the leading candidates for geoengineering to cool the effects of CO2.

The statement, "... really, nothing we do will make things better, only worse." is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Don't listen to all this pseudo-scientific 'noize' aimed at obfuscation and confusing you with nonsense. The facts are...human caused global warming, 'climate change' or whatever they decide to call it next is the biggest RUSE ever perpetuated on mankind.

The facts are...the MSM is now trying to backtrack on every single explanation they've given for everything about this subject, change it into some new trend, and still blame humans for it. It' all hogwash. Don't fall for any of it! It's all just a big tax trap.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Is this leading into the magic bullet theory again?
Let me consult Albert on this and I'll get back to you.
edit on 25-6-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2

Is this leading into the magic bullet theory again?
Let me consult Albert on this and I'll get back to you.

Albert?

You mean the Prince?
The one in the can?

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The dead Albert. The one that had his brain stolen and never returned.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   

how many times have we reached "the point of no return?"

This is all just a way to fear monger so they can redistibute the wealth. Look into seal level rise, then look at pictures from 100 years ago as opposed to today. It's such an obvious hoax, yet so many DERP's not only believe in it, they will argue for it, and dismiss the facts, in favor of the narrative.
edit on 25-6-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Could be that the Earth is a Living Breathing Intelligent Biosphere ..... Could be that the Earth knows exactly how to balance itself and heal the Planet anytime it needs to .

Could be that Humans in their ever inflating self importance simply cannot accept that we are not in control of a damn thing .

If the Earth was being harmed by anything humans are doing it could Kill us all and make it as though we never existed .

But yeah Global Warming

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I agree with you, FDC. I can't imagine how it is us, when all the planets in our solar system are warming at the same rate.

I remember a Russian scientist 10 or 15 years ago saying that after 2024, we would be cooling again.

He got poo pood. But the predicted rise beforehand, matches what we saw after that report.

I can't seem to find the article, RT, any help?

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I am almost to a point where I believe that the solar system is an atom in a much bigger being...not just size.

It is almost like the phrase that is so popular today, god is in us, we are god, is wrong.

I often wonder if dwarf planets were made up by NASA as a way to silently admit we are a carbon atom in a higher dimensional being.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

o, this article talks about how we have been accidentally cooling the planet. The premise is, green house gases and pollution cause global warming, AND global cooling. Basically, as we clean up air pollution, we warm faster because the pollution particles reflect the sun, cooling us down. So really, nothing we do will make things better, only worse. Why bother trying.

that's called double talk, spin, covering all bases but it's just plain out lying. their gonna be right no matter what and push all kinds of bullsh@@ laws, rules and regulations. fact is the climate and weather is just like it has always been where i live since i was old enough to realize it. some years it' damn hot or colder, some years it's the average.
oh and the beach is still right where it's always been.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Could be that the Earth is a Living Breathing Intelligent Biosphere ..... Could be that the Earth knows exactly how to balance itself and heal the Planet anytime it needs to .

Could be that Humans in their ever inflating self importance simply cannot accept that we are not in control of a damn thing .

If the Earth was being harmed by anything humans are doing it could Kill us all and make it as though we never existed .

But yeah Global Warming

we could wipe out all life on earth. how is the earth supposed to defend itself against that? we can already manipulate the weather to some extent. and of course industrialization has an effect on the balance of the world. and the weather is changing, extreme weather events are becoming more frequent, everyone notices that. the big question: are we causing this or is it just the natural course of events? according to the current state of science, we humans are responsible for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Since the beginning of the industrial revolution, there has been a significant increase in the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. This rise strongly correlates with the burning of fossil fuels (coal, oil, and gas) by human activities.

Carbon Isotope Analysis:
Scientists can determine that the increase in atmospheric CO2 originates from the burning of fossil fuels through isotope analysis. Fossil CO2 has a distinct isotopic fingerprint that differs from CO2 produced by natural sources.

Global Temperature Increase:
Extensive records and data show that global temperatures have steadily increased since the early 20th century. The most significant portion of this temperature rise has occurred in recent decades.

Decline in Ice and Snow Masses:
Glaciers and ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica are rapidly melting, and Arctic sea ice is reaching new lows annually. These phenomena align with the rise in global temperatures.

Ocean Warming:
The oceans absorb most of the excess heat caused by the greenhouse effect. Measurements show that ocean temperatures are rising, affecting the growth and migration of marine life and ecosystems.

Rising Sea Levels:
Global sea levels have risen since the 20th century, primarily due to the thermal expansion of water as it warms and the melting of ice masses.

Changed Weather Patterns:
There is an increase in the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events, such as heatwaves, droughts, storms, and heavy rainfall. These changes are consistent with models and predictions of the impacts of climate change. All these indicators together form a strong scientific basis showing that human activity plays a crucial role in the current warming of the planet.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   

My daddy smoked the one in the can but I never got the hang of rolling my own. My big old fat thumbs kept getting in the way.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wish they taught science in schools and colleges like they used to.

Then no oone would be a climey.

Global Climate Weather Change drama are gonna kill us all!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   

yeahbut noneofthat proves it causes global climate change 😀

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join