It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encrypted Messaging

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Lol intercepting the messages before they are encrypted is totally breaking it jsjdhjsjsj lmao no bud i cant break aes256 or rsa and they say quantum computers can crack it like they are factoring prime numbers like that kid off the cube asking for gum drops but there's quantum encryption being built as well using the same principle so all is well a reply to: MykeNukem

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Technically i would say a simple keylogger *we are talking just a simple dll hook* is technically spyware and not malware now j00 weave my new fweind nukem awone! xD reply to: GotterDameron23

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: GotterDameron23
Er... great idea.

But if someone has a keylogger (malware) on their system, the person who put the malware there can read the message, too.

Unless you've somehow managed to keep a keylogger from working.

Correct, a keylogger would defeat the purpose.

I'm just providing a fishing pole, you have to bring the sinkers, lures and bobbers and do the actual fishing.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

LMAO

So true, # trees, # apples...

PS - as soon as I seen the alias I knew it had to be you bro...lmao
edit on 6/27/2024 by MykeNukem because: trudeau gorfs..

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I figured the message would be well received.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sorry, but nobody with a security background is going to trust this. You are doing the Playfair encryption on the server side... you are sending the key to your server, and for all we know you are logging the key and can read everyone's messages.

How about you do the Playfair (or whatever you are using now) encryption on the client-side in JavaScript, then send that to your server.
edit on 27-6-2024 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: More1ThanAny1
Sorry, but nobody with a security background is going to trust this. You are doing the Playfair encryption on the server side... you are sending the key to your server, and for all we know you are logging the key and can read everyone's messages.

How about you do the Playfair (or whatever you are using now) encryption on the client-side in JavaScript, then send that to your server.

This is for testing purposes right now, all messages are encrypted before they are stored. Even I can't read them, but I agree, I could if I wanted to retrieve the key.

Either way, with this being accessible on the internet there are inherent security risks no matter how it's configured.

The idea at some point is to make this opensource and client/client which will be far more secure and trustworthy.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: stonerwilliam

There are some forms of comms which are absolutely unbreakable. Not even the biggest, baddest, super-computer running AI on steroids can crack, and never will. It's not easy to use though. Just don't get caught using it unless you want a long-term carnal relationship with a 7.5lb microscope and some guy named Agent Smith.

One time pads come to mind. Takes some prep and people who understand what "absolute discretion" means ... but yeah, such activity would be considered suspicious.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join