It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAP - What is This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Greetings ATSers. While my threads are usually about prophecy, or some such, tonight I find myself posting my first UAP. And I know this website has some very knowledgeable folks on the subject and can probably tell what this is.

So I was with my wife and some friends on the beach this evening just enjoying the beautiful summer weather and reading a good book. A great time, great weather, beautiful end to the day.

Enjoyed the sunset. Everyone packed up and was leaving was walking back to the car with my wife with our Tommy Bahama beach chairs in hand, my IPad in the back pocket of mine, when I noticed this orb sitting still in the sky. It was dim at first. When I got to the car I got out my IPad, which doesn't do good taking pictures in the dark, and took a picture, and then a couple videos which I stringed together and leave here. So any clue what it could be?

It was just sitting in the sky overhead without moving all the way to the car, then the light increased in intensity, it dimmed, it increased and then it started to move and go in and out of the clouds. I would have taken more footage but my wife was pretty uninterested in the thing and getting impatient at me for filming it and not getting in the car.

Here is the video footage:

Getting some cool pics lately. Here is a short video I got last week of Space X zooming by over the ocean:

edit on Sat, 22 Jun 2024 23:00:53 -0500pm62220240600000053America/ChicagoSat, 22 Jun 2024 23:00:53 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 11:30 PM
link   
At first, I thought it was a sky lantern, but it gets a bit bright, then as it appears to be falling, I had to wonder if it's just a flare that was maybe dropped by a military airplane.

Another thought, because of the clouds, maybe it's ball lightning.

I have to think that an advanced ET or NHI craft would be advanced enough not to glow in the sky.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
At first, I thought it was a sky lantern, but it gets a bit bright, then as it appears to be falling, I had to wonder if it's just a flare that was maybe dropped by a military airplane.

I have to think that an advanced ET or NHI craft would be advanced enough not to glow in the sky.

Yeah, and it moves pretty slow to be an advanced something. Ball lightning maybe? That would be cool. Never seen that before. It was stationary for at least 2 minutes that I recall while I walked from the beach to the car and then started to move, and it initially was dim then it got real bright, then dim again, then bright, maybe a Chinese lantern? I don't know why it would be stationary so long. I've seen many Chinese lanterns and they are always moving, have never seen one stay stationary in the sky and then get brighter, and they are usually accompanied with others. And the further away it gets the dimmer it gets you can clearly see this one increases its radiance until it is the brightest object in the sky. And it only started moving when I started filming it, before that when I noticed it, it was just hanging out there, at first I almost thought it was a star shining through a hole in the clouds, but that was a really bright star, but I know people have been fooled before by bright stars like Venus, and then this one didn't twinkle (planets don't twinkle anyway) it actually changed radiance and then started to move and you can clearly see there was no hole in the clouds it was shining through, in fact a couple times when I thought the light had gone out later it appeared it was because it was weaving in and out of the clouds. That's why you'll see me cut off the video then cut it back on when I see it reappear out of the clouds.
edit on Sat, 22 Jun 2024 23:41:04 -0500pm62220240600000004America/ChicagoSat, 22 Jun 2024 23:41:04 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

It’s a bit compelling…..

I to have a Crapple IPad…..not the best for pictures and vids of things in the sky.

I doubt it was a flare…imo..I can’t see any aircraft just dropping one flare….usually military does a string of them.

I got to ask……why didn’t you zoom in by pinch spreading your screen to get a closer look at the time the event was happening in real-time?

👽🤔

edit on 23-6-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

It’s a bit compelling…..

I to have a Crapple IPad…..not the best for pictures and vids of things in the sky.

I doubt it was a flare…imo..I can’t see any aircraft just dropping one flare….usually military does a string of them.

I got to ask……why didn’t you zoom in by pinch spreading your screen to get a closer look?

👽🤔

Where I live on the beach in Mexico there isn't really any airbase nearby, so while possible, the idea it is a military flare is very unlikely. I've pinched in before and get really blurry images, especially in that low light right at dusk. If you want to zoom in I think it's better to have original size and then just zoom that in afterwards.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   
NOt sure what it could be other then the obvious "drone" but it is a very interesting game video too bad u couldn't stick around to see what it ended up doing

Edit- that a very beautiful beach you life by you are very blessed
edit on 23-6-2024 by TheMisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:07 AM
link   

get really blurry pictures

As I said…it’s a Crapple 😆

Welp it’s anomalous imo….

👽🍺

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel
NOt sure what it could be other then the obvious "drone" but it is a very interesting game video too bad u couldn't stick around to see what it ended up doing

Edit- that a very beautiful beach you life by you are very blessed

Yes, it was unfortunate my wife was hurrying me. I wanted to stay and see what it did next too.

The life here is really nice. I enjoy it greatly.

edit on Sun, 23 Jun 2024 00:14:19 -0500am62320240600000019America/ChicagoSun, 23 Jun 2024 00:14:19 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

If it were a flare wouldn't it be always falling instead of appearing stationary for some time?

Doesn't look like the type of cloud that creates lightning, these appear to be smaller.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

How big was it? Looks to be about a foot to me…

Seriously glad you filmed it, reminds me a bit of the ones I have seen no idea what they are.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   
my first thought was another Balloon Spy Platform from China...the purpose of the intense brilliance is unknown but might be explained as seeing a lighthouse effect with the prisms aligned upon the viewer & hence the flare-up as observed...

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

How big was it? Looks to be about a foot to me…

Seriously glad you filmed it, reminds me a bit of the ones I have seen no idea what they are.

Your guess is as good as mine. If I imagine a balloon flying into the sky I can see it being a little smaller around the range the light was hoovering which was right at cloud level. So perhaps the size of a balloon or a little bigger maybe.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The video is great. I have seen similar 'star' slowly traveling in the night sky. Twice.
Thanks, since I can now estimate what size that thing is...based on the cloud layer in your video.
I'd say about the size of the school bus, may be smaller.

What is important here and makes it a ufo material, is that the object has it's own light source. No drone would have a purpose of emitting light, due to battery longevity and 'what for?' argument.

It is a UFO alright. I have seen it over one of the power plants. Were there any known to you nuclear power plants?

India has recently had a strange light slowly travelling over, what it says, a nuclear power station.

DaylyMail reports on witness filming such an object.

Decide for yourself.

edit on 6 23 24 by DaydreamerX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaydreamerX
The video is great. I have seen similar 'star' slowly traveling in the night sky. Twice.
Thanks, since I can now estimate what size that thing is...based on the cloud layer in your video.

There's no way of knowing that, the only thing we see is the light, not the object emitting it, and the light always looks bigger than the source of the light.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes, we see the light and not an object. But there has to be something that emits that light. If it's not an object, may you mean it its own projection? That light must have a source, no?

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   

What is important here and makes it a ufo material, is that the object has it's own light source. No drone would have a purpose of emitting light, due to battery longevity and 'what for?' argument.

It is a UFO alright. I have seen it over one of the power plants. Were there any known to you nuclear power plants?

India has recently had a strange light slowly travelling over, what it says, a nuclear power station.

DaylyMail reports on witness filming such an object.

Decide for yourself.

Yeah that looks pretty similar. And no, no power plants around here. This is a small resort town on the beach. Before tourism came in it was really only a small fishing town with a real small population. But the population is growing pretty steady right now because of tourism and Americans and moving in from the States and Canadians. Every month you see more and more houses and resort hotels going up, and a lot of them are from what we term "snow birds." Usually retired Americans and Canadians who build a house down here and come down in the winter months and then rent out their houses in the summer months.

edit on Sun, 23 Jun 2024 20:29:36 -0500pm62320240600000036America/ChicagoSun, 23 Jun 2024 20:29:36 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

a reply to: ArMaP

Yes, we see the light and not an object. But there has to be something that emits that light. If it's not an object, may you mean it its own projection? That light must have a source, no?

Yes, the light must have a source, I was not saying that it was not an object.

What I was trying to say is that we cannot know the size of the object just by looking at the size of the light, specially in a photo or video.

For example, in the photo below, what's the size of the object emitting the light we see?
The photo was taken with the camera's automatic configurations.

With manual configurations adjusted for very bright subjects, we get this:

As the object was close to the camera, using the flash shows the object.

And when I turned off the light, this is what we can see:

That small white point is the LED that was the source of the light.

As you can see, the size of the light in the first photo has nothing to do with the real size of the object that was emitting the light, and that's what I was trying to say.

join