It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I send this to Disney?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have a feeling that this might get someone fired. Paraphrased from this:

Dear Star Wars fans

Dear Terrible and Toxic Star Wars Creators,

Yes you.

I get it. You're upset because things didn't play out the way you wanted them to and people didn't like The Acolyte. No one is being a racist, a bigot, a misogynist or even nasty and hateful about your show.

However, you are making bigoted, misandrist, and even misleading content, and there's a reason Favreau and Filoni (and the rest of us) want you to stay out of their content.

Ahsoka was a great show. Everyone I know loved it.

Consider yourself being called out on your show.

Your story sucks.

I've heard absolutely nothing but complaints about The Acolyte.

And this isn't the fist time with Star Wars.

I tried reading the first novel in the High Republic series. I put it down after 4 pages. Whoever wrote it doesn't know the first thing about Star Wars. Star Wars is supposed to be fun and exciting. I hear the book finally got an exciting part on the 7th page.

Good Star Wars writers get to the exciting part on the first page. At least get a better editor. I hear George Lucas is looking for work.

Also, if you're trying to prove that you're a decent person, blaming the fans isn't doing anything to actually help you, so you might want to knock that off.

All of the people who worked on The Acolyte aren't blaming yourselves.

You're blaming the Fans. You're blaming Men.

Instead of realizing that you suck at entertaining, it's everyone else's fault.

When people can't admit their mistakes,
they can't correct their mistakes,
and keep making the same mistakes over and over again,
expecting a different result each time...

I hear that's the definition of Insanity.

So please consider your actions before you put them into play.

Is that really how you want Disney to go down the drain?

Thanks for reading.

A Star Wars fan since 1977.

_____

What do you think?
edit on 6202024 by GotterDameron23 because: URL nor formatting correctly

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Go ahead, I have some stock in their competitor. So it may make my stock go up if people criticize them and they make even worse mistakes.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GotterDameron23

Yes, you should send it! They have a right to know

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I haven't even bothered to try to watch it...Star Wars as a franchise went off a cliff when Disney bought them. It started slow but I have had a harder and harder time finding the Star Wars in their stories...

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What gets me is how disney steered from wholesome family entertainment into the monster it has become.
Who else remembers Sunday nights with the Wonderful World Of Disney movies and presentations?
The world has become wicked indeed and now disney is at the forefront of wickedness.

Walt must be turning in his grave. Tsk, tsk, tsk...
edit on 20-6-2024 by RobRocket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 09:58 PM
link   
LOL Disney has so many of these letters coming to them they probably have an entire floor of people just to sort through them.

Why they insist on putting this Blatant Diversity inclusion bull# out on a Billion Dollar investment such as Star Wars I'm sure I don't know .

There are BRILLIANT Sci-Fi writers out there who could make BRILLIANT Star Wars material but Disney has always been a strange place.

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Not if you present it with a biased slant. You will get nowhere, fast.

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 12:48 AM
link   

It's a fantasy.

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 02:19 AM
link   

You went trough the effort to type down a rant, what's the point not sending it.

don't bother signing, it will be filed under Karen anyways...

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RobRocket

It's been a hot bed of perversion since like forever... But hey childhood delusions right?

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The agenda is bigger than their success.

Evil is as evil does, and as we get closer to the end of the age, evil will manifest itself. Also, remember. Woe to those who put good for evil, sweet for bitter and light for darkness.

The spiritual darkness of this present age is making itself manifest and our pink haired, confused and angry malcontents are it's priests and acolytes. Angry and confused, without a direction, senseless and violent, prideful (literally) and blasphemous without any NATURAL affection, high minded and headstrong, haters of God and his son.

Unfortunately for us, this doesn't get better again. Not until Christ sets it right. Society writ large is done for, we've tilted too far towards immorality and now the scales of justice are against us. Judgment is coming.

Entertainment is just a reflection of society writ large. We may see through the BS but the average green haired, bulldog face liberal will eat it up as they see it as life affirming.

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Better than any letter (that nobody will read anyway) is simply not to pay money to watch such stuff at all. When they want money for their re-education program people simply shouldn´t give them that money to be re-educated. If people want to watch that stuff anyway they should pirate it.

And people shouldn´t give them the attention these corporation seek and find if people answer such posts. They should stop caring for that crap, Star Wars died after 4, 5 and 6 anyway. And this comes from somebody who grew up with Star Wars, who for example always saw Star Trek as cheap comedy stuff after watching Star Wars and who watches 4, 5 and 6 at least once a year. Because nothing with the name Star Wars thrown on it afterwards created the same magic, at least for me, as these three episodes.

They have the money to milk the name Star Wars so they will do it, people don´t have the money to stop them from doing so. All people can do is to stop throwing money at such corporations and simply forget about them and what they do. Don´t let them live rent-free in your head. That hurts such corporations more than anything else.

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Its a bit long, would they bother to read it?
I would start it off with something like this

I am a black transvestite they/them..

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm really doubtful they will listen or care

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   
As Palpatine would say: Do it!

I never even bothered watching the show. The previews just screamed Woke. I don't even know why I keep my Disney+ subscription? Maybe in anticipation of Andor season 2.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm getting rid of my subscription after Ahsoka season 2.

Unless something better comes out, I'm done with Star Wars.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see Disney stock over the few weeks that The Acolyte has been on.

Anyone know what app you can see that on?

top topics

join